Photo by Melody

Article: What the Gardener Gets for Christmas: I got a mug.

Communities > Forums > Article: What the Gardener Gets for Christmas
bookmark
Forum: Article: What the Gardener Gets for ChristmasReplies: 19, Views: 152
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

carrielamont

carrielamont
Bedford, TX
(Zone 8a)

December 26, 2007
8:38 AM

Post #4327529

Nope, I didn't print out your article, and I got a mug that says "garden goddess" on one side and something about the bounty of my harvest on the other side. I only grow flowers and stuff, I mean I don't grow food, except herbs I sneak into food ("Mommy! This spaghetti sauce tastes different"). I needed something to drink soup out of, though. Thanks for a wry little morning after, Lori.
x, Carrie
Dutchlady1
Naples, FL
(Zone 10a)

December 26, 2007
11:04 AM

Post #4327551

I've trained my DH... I get plumeria ;-)

I liked the article though! A lot of it rings a bell.
debi_k
S of Lake Ontario, NY
(Zone 6a)

December 26, 2007
11:44 AM

Post #4327561

I always enjoy your articles. I got a camera lens to take pictures in my garden from my husband, and from my son, a bracelet. Very pretty, and I love it. He said garden store gift cards are lame.
Dea
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6a)

December 26, 2007
1:02 PM

Post #4327653

too cute! Yea, what's up with those hole-less pots? Great article Lori!
CapeCodGardener
Mid-Cape, MA
(Zone 7a)

December 26, 2007
2:12 PM

Post #4327834

Great article, Lori! So true.
I got a Bokashi compost bucket & fixin's, but I had to give them to myself, because NO non-gardener would ever in a million years have thought of them as a Christmas present!
My honorary grandneice (5 years old) drew me a colorful picture she titled "Weather," because she knows I am always talking about it! I love the drawing--looks sort of like Genesis, Day 3.

cathy4
St. Louis County, MO
(Zone 5a)

December 26, 2007
2:16 PM

Post #4327841

Woo Hoo, Santa brought a matching set of 5 painted pots in different sizes, and Hubby Drilled Holes BEFORE he gave them to me, and they are in my fav color in the garden, blue!

Big smiles for your article Lori!
doccat5
Fredericksburg, VA
(Zone 7b)

December 26, 2007
3:52 PM

Post #4328130

Santa brought me a new pair of garden shears that pot apart into 2 knives, one regular, one serrated and they are long enough for me to prune roses with them. Also got a nice sized gift certificate to a big box store, so I can pick out what I want! Love my Santa baby!
Wonderful article and sooooooooooo true...LOL

carrielamont

carrielamont
Bedford, TX
(Zone 8a)

December 26, 2007
4:02 PM

Post #4328183

How very good you must have been - shears that come apart into knives? I might need/crave those. First I need a good place to keep them! xxx, Carrie
doccat5
Fredericksburg, VA
(Zone 7b)

December 26, 2007
4:03 PM

Post #4328193

Carrie, they come in their own case with a velcro hook up that will fit my jeans. DH got them at Gander Mountain here. He's such a love.

carrielamont

carrielamont
Bedford, TX
(Zone 8a)

December 26, 2007
4:08 PM

Post #4328222

No, I mean a shed / storage building / greenhouse / weather-proof Rubbermaid container that we actually USE! But he sounds like a keeper! x, C
chickenrancher
Nova, OH
(Zone 5b)

December 26, 2007
6:11 PM

Post #4328599

Well I wish I could say I got some neat garden item I will use, but alas I did not. Everyone knows I'm a gardener but not a single tini tiny thing even garden related! That being said I am an avid cook/baker and I got new muffin tins, fancy bread loaf pans and a huge new wooden cutting board!
I'm glad no one felt the need to buy me garden items without asking what. I'm picky (aren't we all?) as to what I have/use/plant.

That being said we all receive some item(s) we don't really want or need or like an d have to gratefully accept with a smile as to not insult our friend or family member.

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and wishing all a Happy New Year!!!
Megan (forgot to sign)

This message was edited Dec 26, 2007 1:12 PM

carrielamont

carrielamont
Bedford, TX
(Zone 8a)

December 26, 2007
6:19 PM

Post #4328616

I have a spring birthday and that's when i really lay it on about gardening stuff. At the moment I happily accept my gifts of mugs and socks (although I'm super fussy about those, too)!
x, C
cathy4
St. Louis County, MO
(Zone 5a)

December 26, 2007
6:21 PM

Post #4328622

I forgot to add, I received a lovely button up cable knit white sweater just like my Grandmother used to wear, hahahaha!
broncbuster
Waxahachie, TX
(Zone 8a)

December 26, 2007
6:56 PM

Post #4328694

Fantastic article, Lori! I could imagine Andy Rooney reading it on 60 Minutes, and wish he would instead of the nonsense he usually speaks. I got 2 weedeaters and a gift card to High Country Gardens. Just what I wanted minus 1 weedeater.

carrielamont

carrielamont
Bedford, TX
(Zone 8a)

December 26, 2007
7:11 PM

Post #4328736

LOL.
Islandshari
Kwajalein
Marshall Islands
(Zone 11)

December 26, 2007
11:05 PM

Post #4329293

Lori...another great chuckle! Thanks!

Yokwe,
Shari
KyWoods
Melbourne, KY
(Zone 6a)

December 27, 2007
12:41 AM

Post #4329492

A picture of a plant?! Now that would just be cruel! LOL, cute article, Lori!
McGlory
Southeast, NE
(Zone 5a)

December 27, 2007
4:10 AM

Post #4330338

Thank you for all the kind words and laughs, everyone. We are so fortunate to have loved ones giving us gifts. :-) I envy those of you who have mastered the art of stating exactly what you'd like. And I think the Bokashi compost bucket is a great present to give yourself!

Not being a coffee drinker has spared me endless mugs, carrie. I can't attribute it to anything else. I look just like Andy Rooney minus the gray hair! Okay, maybe not quite...
Indygardengal
Brownstown, IN
(Zone 5b)

December 27, 2007
4:12 AM

Post #4330342

Shucks I had my reply all typed and decided to click watch this thread before send and lost it.
I didn't get any garden related thing but forgot to ask at Christmas. I'll save that for my June birthday. I usually get good garden stuff then. Last year my dh and I celebrated our 50th anniversary and I got a HDgift certificate which I used to get a garden fork and a thing to dig with that has prongs on the end and you can use it to looden mulch and garden soil but forget what it is called and it's too late to go out to my shed to look at the handle and check. Anyway it was from my friend so I used it for my garden!!! Sorry for the rambling sentence but that's the way I talk also. LoL and I really am much too young to have been married 50years. Don't know where the time went.
McGlory
Southeast, NE
(Zone 5a)

December 27, 2007
4:16 AM

Post #4330354

I had a garden fork on my list too, but didn't get one. My son who got me the little bitty spade last year said he thought it would be too predictable to get me the fork. He got me a wall plaque of the Rolling Stones instead. I love it, but the bad part is that the big picture of them is a recent photo. EEEWWW!!!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: What the Gardener Gets for Christmas Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
I got garden statues. charlenesplants 3 Dec 27, 2007 5:03 PM
I got what I asked for. . . bacarney 1 Dec 27, 2007 4:03 AM
Very cute article!!! Pagancat 1 Dec 27, 2007 4:03 AM
So true. Interesting read. Annepaola 0 Dec 31, 2007 3:11 PM
Glad you're back! 1mary2 0 Dec 31, 2007 3:45 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America