Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Antiques and Collectibles: Know anything about the new Fiesta?

Communities > Forums > Antiques and Collectibles
bookmark
Forum: Antiques and CollectiblesReplies: 9, Views: 181
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
McGlory
Southeast, NE
(Zone 5a)

December 26, 2007
4:26 PM

Post #4328296

Do you know anything about the new Fiesta dinnerware by Homer Laughlin? I have several place settings in the Scarlet color. I got the covered casserole for Christmas pictured here. http://www.hlchina.com/0495-0326.jpg

Can I really put it in the oven? What will I use it for? All my friends out there who like dishes and know something about them, I need your help! Thank you.

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

December 27, 2007
6:30 PM

Post #4331824

Hi Lori,
I found this by googleing Fiesta dinnerware.

Durability

FIESTA® Bakeware withstands temperatures up to 500 degrees, which according to Brinkman, meets if not exceeds many competing ceramic brands. Adding to the purchase appeal, all pieces are microwave, dishwasher and freezer safe. In fact, says Brinkman, "the avid baker will be impressed with the ability to transfer any one of the bakers from the oven to the freezer, almost immediately upon baking a dish. That’s the integrity of Homer Laughlin™."

As with FIESTA® Dinnerware, FIESTA® Bakeware also comes with a three-year chip resistant guarantee.

With a vitrified ceramic body, FIESTA® Bakeware will not absorb odors or moisture.

Is yours called "Bakeware"?

It is nice looking.

Have a Happy New Year!
Say hi to Handsome Man!
Bernie
McGlory
Southeast, NE
(Zone 5a)

December 27, 2007
8:33 PM

Post #4332106

It doesnt say Bakeware on it, but it came from a fancy store and they had it all gift-wrapped with yards of fancy tissue and stuff, so I'm sure they took all the tags off. Maybe I could call the store and find out. Handsome Man doesn't remember. He's such a good shopper!

I didn't find that info by googling. Guess I'm not a very good googler, Bernie.

You guys have a great New Year too! I gave Handsome Man your greeting, and he returns it.

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

December 27, 2007
8:54 PM

Post #4332151

Here's the link.
http://www.hlchina.com/BakewareRelease.htm

This is Homer Laughin site.
MitchF
Lindsay, OK
(Zone 7a)

January 8, 2008
6:05 PM

Post #4375834

Lori - Oven yes, my wife keeps all our dishes Fiesta... biggest issue with oven is oven baked stuff really tends to stick to it here at least.
KaperC
No. San Diego Co., CA
(Zone 10b)

February 1, 2008
1:50 AM

Post #4480563

I was curious about this and checked the web site. Lo and behold, they have a factory outlet online with some pretty good discounts. I did not find any notices about products being seconds. Has anyone purchased from the outlet?

I just bought several settings at Costco and wondered if it was 'real' Fiesta. I'm not a collector - I just like it.
LouC
Desoto, TX
(Zone 8a)

February 5, 2008
2:53 AM

Post #4496841

Homer Laughlin has never discontinued the line. If it is purchased from a reputable retailer you can be assured it is Fiesta. J.C.Penney and Belk's are among many that carry it everyday.
velveteena
Seattle, WA

March 18, 2008
4:15 PM

Post #4678629

McGlory, too bad there is nothing stamped on the bottom. The color is so gorgeous and appetizing. I think I would prefer to stick with the microwave, and just call it a covered vegetable dish. Esp. if there is a problem with sticking. Fiesta has the best shapes and colors. It says HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY!

morknotmindy

morknotmindy
Oracle , AZ
(Zone 8b)

July 8, 2008
1:42 AM

Post #5221023

I, too, am a fan of Fiesta Ware. I don't have any old pieces, just a whole cupboard and more of the new. The colors are fabulous and as velveteena said HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY!! I haven't put any of them in the oven, just the microwave. Isn't that Scarlet wonderful?! I have several pieces in that color. Just love it.
Raggedyann
Lawrenceville, GA
(Zone 7b)

July 11, 2008
2:44 PM

Post #5240852

I have a Fiesta collectors book around here somewhere, if I didn't donate it. I'll look for it, doing some later spring cleaning.

Susan

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Antiques and Collectibles Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Sampler 1801 Ginger_H 7 Aug 20, 2012 2:34 PM
mingmimi justmeLisa 6 Oct 20, 2007 11:51 AM
Wintermoor what is this? justmeLisa 7 Oct 1, 2011 7:20 PM
Do you collect Depression Glass? What pattern? bluegrassmom 82 Apr 11, 2011 10:14 PM
What do you consider your best "collectible/antique" find? nminmd 142 May 6, 2012 3:43 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America