Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Article: What the Gardener Gets for Christmas: I got garden statues.

Communities > Forums > Article: What the Gardener Gets for Christmas
bookmark
Forum: Article: What the Gardener Gets for ChristmasReplies: 3, Views: 57
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
charlenesplants
Buffalo, TX
(Zone 8b)

December 26, 2007
5:07 PM

Post #4328429

This year everytime someone mentioned Christmas gifts, I stated how much I wanted garden statues. It worked!

I got a frog, a turtle, two rabbits (one with a basket), a goose and a girl with a bird holding her skirt out just enough for a sip of water to puddle in.

Before, I would say that I would like something garden related. This year I was more specific and it worked like a charm. I am a happy gardener with all the right gifts for Chrismas.

Charlene
KyWoods
Melbourne, KY
(Zone 6a)

December 27, 2007
12:43 AM

Post #4329496

Yaaaaay! Congrats, and please post pics this spring!
McGlory
Southeast, NE
(Zone 5a)

December 27, 2007
4:04 AM

Post #4330315

It's all in the specifics, isn't it? I must put statues on the list for next year - hadn't thought of that one yet. Thanks for the tip, charlene! :-)
charlenesplants
Buffalo, TX
(Zone 8b)

December 27, 2007
5:03 PM

Post #4331588

You are so welcome! I wish everyone garden delights of their own choosing for every gifting occassion! Everytime I would pass a display of statues I would ooh and ahh and proclaim that is what I desired for my flower garden. Word got out and I am very pleased with the results. I hate cash, cuz it takes no thought, but a statue is a gift from the heart. (I know I am nuts!LOL)

So, practice up mother's and birthday girls, you know what you gotta do now!

Best of all the holidays to each and everyone of you!

Charlene

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: What the Gardener Gets for Christmas Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
I got a mug. carrielamont 19 Dec 27, 2007 4:16 AM
I got what I asked for. . . bacarney 1 Dec 27, 2007 4:03 AM
Very cute article!!! Pagancat 1 Dec 27, 2007 4:03 AM
So true. Interesting read. Annepaola 0 Dec 31, 2007 3:11 PM
Glad you're back! 1mary2 0 Dec 31, 2007 3:45 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America