Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: Toxic Plants of the Winter Holidays, from a Veterinary Perspective: Article on Pesticide vs. Pet?

Communities > Forums > Article: Toxic Plants of the Winter Holidays, from a Veterinary Perspective
bookmark
Forum: Article: Toxic Plants of the Winter Holidays, from a Veterinary PerspectiveReplies: 1, Views: 26
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
thistlesifter
Vista, CA

December 29, 2007
12:33 PM

Post #4337355

Geoff,

I would appreciate an article on the tradeoffs and potential danger of use of garden chemicals.

I frequently use gopher bait and use an anticoagulant-based product because it alledgedly is a toxin that can be treated if detected in time. (Been using it for 40 years at least and know of no adverse affects on pets or other wildlife other than rats).

Snail bait attracts dogs, so I only use it where the dogs can't get it.

You've already told me RoundUp is relatively safe.

How about Malathion?

Your articles are great, I would really appreciate as I know others would - An article with some of your views including:
the risk,
the incidence you have experienced in treating affected pets and
what the tradeoffs might be in considering use of these chemicals we use to treat plants vs. putting a "Potential Harm in our Pet's Way'

Very Respectfully,
bob

palmbob

palmbob
Acton, CA
(Zone 8b)

December 29, 2007
4:25 PM

Post #4337882

thanks for the idea.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Toxic Plants of the Winter Holidays, from a Veterinary Perspective Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Thank you! nedweenie 0 Dec 12, 2007 12:33 PM
Good information ViburnumValley 5 Dec 17, 2007 8:56 PM
I'd always wondered about that digigirl 0 Dec 12, 2007 3:00 PM
Finally! Someone with some sense! plantfreak78 2 Dec 23, 2007 2:53 PM
Yahoo! one less thing to worry me☺ posyblossom 1 Dec 12, 2007 7:57 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America