Photo by Melody

Article: Seed Snatchin': The Art and Sport of Collecting Seeds: Laughed So Hard, Glad I Was Home

Communities > Forums > Article: Seed Snatchin': The Art and Sport of Collecting Seeds
bookmark
Forum: Article: Seed Snatchin': The Art and Sport of Collecting SeedsReplies: 2, Views: 55
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
MistyPetals
North Augusta, SC

December 30, 2007
9:18 PM

Post #4341581

Thanks for this article, the tone was wonderful. As a new gardener, this very morning was the first time I ever did any seed 'borrowing'; I felt a tinge of guilt. After reading this, I no longer feel that guilt.
I have a tremendous amount of 'legal' seed which I've purchased, but now I am getting more and more interested in gardening and I knew it for certain when I did the seed borrow.
critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

December 30, 2007
9:44 PM

Post #4341631

I like the term "seed borrowing!" But I have to admit that I rarely return seed to the same place from whence I borrowed it. However, I do pass along a lot of seed to people who share it in turn to people who pass it along again... so I figure it all works out in the end!
MistyPetals
North Augusta, SC

December 31, 2007
1:40 AM

Post #4342300

You see, it's borrowing because we give it back to the earth. As one of my favorite seed suppliers says, "we gardeners share the beauty." I like to think I'm doing humanity a favor by returning more than I ever borrowed. (lol) They 'loaned' seven seeds fully expecting me to make it happen, with a little help from my research, the sun, water and fert.
I, in turn, gave seven plants, possibly more depending on the follow-up, i.e. propagation and sharing with others. So, henceforth, my rule of thumb will be, "If I borrow the seed, I must be true to my original intent -making something beautiful." Ain't it great? Enjoy!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Seed Snatchin': The Art and Sport of Collecting Seeds Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Too true and it is great fun... podster 26 Jul 31, 2008 3:24 AM
loving this Dutchlady1 0 Nov 30, 2007 7:41 PM
seed snatchin' lobelialady 2 Mar 30, 2009 2:43 PM
Brings back memories! plantladylin 5 Nov 4, 2009 9:32 PM
Flower seeds Mamad2 1 Dec 3, 2007 3:59 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America