Photo by Melody

Cut Flowers and Floral Design: The FLOWERPOT Cafe' V - Join us for a cup of Flowers!

Communities > Forums > Cut Flowers and Floral Design
bookmark
Forum: Cut Flowers and Floral DesignReplies: 261, Views: 1,333
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

January 1, 2008
7:04 AM

Post #4346682

2008 finds us in an ever expanding cafe'. We are greatful for all the new patrons and the beauty and friendship they have brought with them. Let's make this year even better. Please bring all your lovely flowers and such to help us keep the cafe' THE place to be.

Have a seat, join us for a cuppa or two and hope you enjoy your visit!

We came from here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/798908/

Thumbnail by pupilpropogtr
Click the image for an enlarged view.

Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

January 1, 2008
7:07 AM

Post #4346689

Back up Traci, just left you a message on the old one...
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

January 1, 2008
7:08 AM

Post #4346690

LOL. Snap.
Hope you have a wonderful New Year, Sharon.
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

January 1, 2008
7:10 AM

Post #4346692

You too, sweetie...and to all of you in the cafe!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 1, 2008
9:07 AM

Post #4346764

OOps! here you are. I got lost on the way round!
Guess what? One of my friends has joined up! Her name is 'Flowertips', I went over to the Artisans cafe and she was there! So I hope she finds her way here and when she does, please give her a warm welcome! We have been friends for over 20 years and I'm so delighted that she has finally signed up. I know she has been lurking for a long time!!!!!!!!!

Teeheeee! Karma said she had flowers, we are in for a treat.
C'mon Adele and Starlight... Wakey wakey!!!!!!!! it'a a new day, new year, new start. Flowers to think about...

I told you it was a mess in here, look, someone has put roses in the crisps, or do you say portayto chips?

Thumbnail by terriculture

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 1, 2008
10:54 AM

Post #4346793

All tidy in here now, ready for fresh flowers!

My new blue vase..

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 1, 2008
11:07 AM

Post #4346800

Blue vase with 'happy flowers'

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 1, 2008
11:15 AM

Post #4346805

Notice the fluff in the cage? I don't like gypsophilia...!

mistygardener
Saint James, MO
(Zone 6b)

January 1, 2008
5:12 PM

Post #4347788

Happy 2008 mornin to ya all! ♥
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

January 1, 2008
11:27 PM

Post #4349141

Hi everyone. Looks like I missed a great New Years party last night. Hope everyone had a great time wherever you all were. Just wanted to thank Traci and Terri for creating this beautiful space and letting me enjoy a cuppa with you all. Also, thanks to everyone who has stopped by here with your works of art, projects and ideas, and your company. Looking forward to great new year of gardening and arranging.

My first arrangement of the year, thanks to Adele for the project, and Terri for her great hand ties. I just have a simple one of alstromeria lilies. They last forever in water. . .okay maybe 2 weeks. . .but that's forever in cut flower years. Starlight, I still have your fluted glasses on my mind. I have til Valentines right?

Thumbnail by karmaplace

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 2, 2008
8:17 AM

Post #4350664

Hello Karma,
Thanks for the appreciation of the cafe ! Thankyou for helping to run the place, and sharing your ideas and creations.
Your hand tie is beautiful and imaculate as usual! It's not easy to get those stems to stand up! Lovely colours with the ribbon adding the finishing touches. I hope this is the first of many beautiful arrangements to come in the cafe in 2008!

Alsromeria are such good value, they do last for ages, and they are so pretty!
Has anyone grown them? I was thinking I would grow them this year, are they bulbs? or tubers?

We are forcast snow for tomorrow! so I guess I will continue my hibernation at home for a few more days.
I'm back to work on monday. I have enjoyed meeting you all and hope that we will continue to 'make' stuff and share ideas all year long!!!!

starlight1153
Seale, AL
(Zone 8b)

January 2, 2008
11:57 AM

Post #4350804

Morning all! Frozen cold and crispy here. BRRRRRRR . Three days of this coming and wil take me a month to thaw out.

Karma... We got plenty of time til Valentines . Managed to get to store yesterday before cold came and was tryign to hunt another type of color and flower to go with what I got the other day and good grief, Christmas is hardly over and store s had St. Patricks day our all ready.

If it warms up enough to day that I can out to shed to find some bits and pieces I might finally have a litte something completed finally to hide on shelf somewhere.

Terri... Haven't got any growing here yet, but think it Avon bulb in your neck of the woods that has some of the bulbs. Not sure if they charging 3.50 your kind of money for one bulb or not or if you get more in a packet.
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

January 2, 2008
11:59 AM

Post #4350806

Hey terri, I meant to ask you what is that long stem with the small apricot flowers? Very pretty. I don't like gyp either. . .but it looks nice in a bouqet of roses or in little pieces for corsages and buttonholes.
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

January 2, 2008
12:01 PM

Post #4350807

Starlight, we posted at the same time! SNAP

It's really cold here too. 38 this morning! I know what you mean about the stores. . .they have Easter out already too!
diggerette
Brooklyn, NY
(Zone 7a)

January 2, 2008
12:04 PM

Post #4350811

SNAP
Good Morning All!
Karma, It's beautiful. I'm going to try it again. This time with real flowers. The bow gives it a nice touch.
Morning Starlight
mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

January 2, 2008
12:54 PM

Post #4350899

Good Morning, I have no talent in flower arranging but I do have a daily supply of fresh flowers free for the picking. If I posted a picture of a flower would you be willing to give me pointers on how to "arrange" it. I am thinking of the beautiful white spider lilies that smell so heavenly, and of course tropical hibiscus, and bouganvilla.
Mittsy
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

January 2, 2008
1:12 PM

Post #4350936

Thanks Adele! I haven't had much luck with spiraling the stems like Terri does, but I finally got it to work. You can't see it well in the hand-tie because I didn't use many flowers, but the spiraling effect is really pretty when you have lots of flowers (stems) to work with. Would love to see what you come up with in fresth flowers.

Morning Mittsy, nice to see you again. Everyone, I met Mittsy in the round robin forum. . .she is a lovely lady. Can you believe she gave out seed gifts on her own birthday? Welcome Mittsy, we would love for you to post pics and if I can't come up with something for your flowers, someone else can. Your Pupilprogtr is getting really good at it!

Lana
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 2, 2008
2:19 PM

Post #4351077

Hello everyone!

Welcome Mittsy,
Thanks for joining us! I definately would love to see your exotic flower's, they sound beautiful! I rarely see bouganvillia, they are sooo pretty, like paper flowers! Please post your flower pics and we may be inspired and get some ideas. The bouganvillia have thorny stems don't they? they would have to come off before you attempt antthing with them!

Thanks Starlight, now I know they are bulbs, I will be able to find them somewhere! The only Avon I know sells make up!!

Adele, you really need about 30 stems to get a good spiral effect! I have used things like the red cornus stems mixed in with the flowers, they bulk it out and add interest to the spiral.

Karma, I think that flower stem is called lantana or something like that, not sure! 80p per stem.The flowers are so tiny, they remind me of the tall Verbena borensis (sp) one of my favourites in the garden.
mistygardener
Saint James, MO
(Zone 6b)

January 2, 2008
2:29 PM

Post #4351116

I WISH it was 38º here! LOL
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 2, 2008
3:51 PM

Post #4351421

Hi misty, keep warm, and look out for some exotic flowers from mittsy!

misty and mittsy, hope I don't get confused with your names!!!
mistygardener
Saint James, MO
(Zone 6b)

January 2, 2008
4:02 PM

Post #4351464

I'm sure trying to! Went to the new green house and was shocked to see it was 60 in there with no heat as cold as it is outside! Now, if it would just stay that way at night with no heat! Ya, right! HA HA HA
Yes, could get confusing, ay! :)
mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

January 2, 2008
6:30 PM

Post #4351885

I took a short walk North out my back gate and gathered foliage.
1. felix robillini palm frond
2. syngonium podophyllum 'Mango Illusion'
3. foreground podocarpus
4. background patio privet
5. variegated pepperomia
6. leaves from yucca and amaryllis
7. scheffelera

This message was edited Jan 3, 2008 8:28 AM

Thumbnail by mittsy

mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

January 2, 2008
6:32 PM

Post #4351893

and flowers:

4 different colors of bouganvilla
oleander
and a purple groundcover

This message was edited Jan 2, 2008 3:04 PM

Thumbnail by mittsy

mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

January 2, 2008
6:33 PM

Post #4351897

I will have to look around for a few containers and get back to you.
mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

January 2, 2008
6:49 PM

Post #4351939

Here are a few that I came up with. Anyone want to have a try at long distance arranging?

I figure everything will be dead tomorrow as we are scheduled for a freeze tonight.

mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

January 2, 2008
7:12 PM

Post #4352009

I pretty much just use the plunk method so any critiquing would be welcome. I like the texture and the colors.

Thumbnail by mittsy

mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

January 2, 2008
7:15 PM

Post #4352017

I love this purple bottle although this arrangement doesn't feel right to me.
mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

January 2, 2008
7:16 PM

Post #4352024

Have to attach pic if I want you to see it. I need a nap, ha ha.

Thumbnail by mittsy

mistygardener
Saint James, MO
(Zone 6b)

January 2, 2008
7:26 PM

Post #4352066

Beautiful Mittsy!
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

January 3, 2008
12:16 AM

Post #4353096

Hey Mittsy, SOOO GLAD YOU ARE HERE!!

Everyone, Mittsy the Marvel, can do anything. If she doesn't know how, she will learn.

Mittsy, I signed up for an online arrangement course. We are going to do it on the cut flower forum and would love to have you play along. It won't be anything rushed, as I won't be doing it when I have Teensy. Hope you play!!

I absolutely love the purple bottle arrangement and the leaf at the bottom. Simple yet beautiful.

I'll be back later. I have to run out quickly, but this will be my first stop when I get back.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 3, 2008
1:37 AM

Post #4353491

Hi mittsy,
Thanks for showing us your foliage and flowers, it's a good idea to show what plant material you are using.
It's nice to see it properly like that before the arrangement is made, do you agree flower girls?
A charming cup arrangement, perfect for our cafe, well done! I would suggest to take off some of the bouganvillia leaves, so the flowers can be seen better. I agree Lovely colours and textures.
Love the purple bottle arrangement. It feels right to me, good height and balance, as Traci said, simple yet beautiful. Thanks for the exotic flower treats!

It helps to see the shape of the containers you have available for use , when trying to suggest ideas.

Hello everyone else too!!!!!!!!!!!

karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

January 3, 2008
1:55 AM

Post #4353578

Mittsy, you have a lot of foliage options in your garden. My favorite is the herb like greens (variegated pepperomia?). Your "weed" looks like nephthytis leaves, wh ich I like to use at the base of bridal bouquets. I have a pink syngonium with the arrowhead leaves.

I think one of the most important elements in floral design is the use of complementary colors. You seem to have it down by using the orangey bougie in your peach mug. Color combinations such as red, yellow, peach, orange go together well in my opinion. Agreeing with Terri on removing the bougie leaves. If you're trying to showcase the flowers in the mug, you might want to trim down the greenery (is it oleander or the peperromia?) or add more flowers (if you have more of the same bougie). Nice touch with the set up too!

Your purple bottle and the purple bougie are perfect together. . .the purple groundcover (wandering jew?) is also an exact match. . .add that and you have a monochromatic arrangement. With the fan shaped foliage in there, it reminds me of a beautiful peacock. Interesting arrangement, Mittsy!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 3, 2008
2:40 AM

Post #4353868

Hi Karma!
Lovely to have new friends join us in the cafe isn't it? Remember when we started the first cafe, we went for weeks sometimes without seeing a soul!!!
Have you taken your hand tie apart yet?!! are you going to try the other one Adele suggested with the natural container? I would like to try that one.

Adele, Would you mind bringing that one in here please? maybe mittsy would like to try it, she has lots of foliage that could be suitable.
mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

January 3, 2008
12:26 PM

Post #4355289

karmaplace thank you so much for id ing my weed. I checked plant files and it is syngonium podophyllum "Mango Illusion". I removed them from a fence, considered invasive by my client. (I weed part time). I brought all the cuttings home and rooted them. I think that they're lovely.

I need to make a correction to the above post on foliage, I named it pittosporum, but it is podocarpus, sorry. I really like the orangey bouganvilla but there aren't very many flowers. Our gardeners just cut off everything to make square box shapes. Just about the time they are ready to bloom they get hacked off.

Thumbnail by mittsy

diggerette
Brooklyn, NY
(Zone 7a)

January 3, 2008
12:48 PM

Post #4355326

Good Morning All,
Sure Terri, Here's the project.
Hi Mittsy, I would love to weed part time. Cute peach cup! I like how you extend your design out of the cup. Nice touch.

Thumbnail by diggerette

karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

January 3, 2008
1:25 PM

Post #4355417

Morning everyone. Mittsy, your cup looks so neat and tidy! I love it! One of the rules is to make your arrangment 1.5-2 times the height of your container, but I don't always follow this rule. I love arrangements that sit right above the rim like what you have in your revised cup. I have all your foliage wrong. The pepperomia is the succulent looking one with the oval leaves? What is the one that is to the right of your palm? That is my favorite one. Podocarpus?

Don't worry about the bougies. More hacking just means more blooms for you!

Thanks Adele. I bought my candle and have it set up in the foam using the wires. No flowers or foliage yet, but working on it. Thanks so much. . .I had no idea it could be so simple to just tape the wires to the candle and insert it into the foam. I used to spend more money to buy the candle holder thingie that has a pointed end underneath. That was 1.99 each.
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

January 3, 2008
1:43 PM

Post #4355475

Terri, missed your post. I have taken my handtie apart but not for the natural container. I think I want roses in that one. Have you started working on that one yet?
starlight1153
Seale, AL
(Zone 8b)

January 3, 2008
1:57 PM

Post #4355543

Morning everybody!

Cute peach! : ) Where'd ya find peach shaped cups like that. I need some of them for down here.

I got a candle and foam too. Still lookign for flowers, but with the temps so frigid I won't make it to store until friday or saturday to find flowers.

pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

January 3, 2008
2:02 PM

Post #4355563

I'm with you star!! How bad did it get down there. It is 16 right now and I think we went down to 14.
starlight1153
Seale, AL
(Zone 8b)

January 3, 2008
2:15 PM

Post #4355615

It 8F and with the wind it 3F. I am frozen solid and so are my plants.
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

January 3, 2008
2:17 PM

Post #4355625

Wow, you got it worse than we did!! My poor hardy hibiscus isn't so hardy anymore. When I got in the truck this morning, I had a coke from McD's frozen solid in there. Unbelieveable.
mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

January 3, 2008
9:07 PM

Post #4357147

the podocarpus looks like the herb rosemary

Beautiful arrangement love the greens with the roses.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 3, 2008
10:46 PM

Post #4357472

Hello everyone!
I had visitors today so haven't had a chance to pop in before now.
Mitttsy, the orange bouganvillia really stands out now, love the colours in the whole display. Thankyou
for bringing it in.
Adele, Thanks for natural container project in here, are you going to bring your lavendar arrangement in too? Have you seen your sister lately? We like it when you have 'flower days' with her!!!
Karma, I haven't started mine yet, but was thinking of using some rosemary, I have some in the garden.
Traci, keep warm sweetie,..pot et fleurs????????!!!!!!!!!!!!
Starlight, if you can't find any fresh flowers you could use a natural type container and your fake flowers!
Heres one I made where I used a cabbage for a container.
Keep warm and happy arranging!

diggerette
Brooklyn, NY
(Zone 7a)

January 3, 2008
11:58 PM

Post #4357706

Hi Terri, Karma,Pupil, Starlight, Mitsy, Mittsy and everyone else,
Pupil and Starlight, I hope tomorrow brings warmer weather.
Terri, Love the cabbage and roses!!! Brillant!
I'm going to make a natural container following the steps in the project. I found a green candle in the house and a plastic container about 6 inches in diameter.I'll just substitute some flowers. I found a store that sells 6 roses for $5.00 and carnations and daisies are $4.00 a bunch(about 8) I have more lavender and rose buds. First, I'll try making a hand tie with the flowers.
I don't see my sister too often. Too bad because we liked our flower day too.
I'm looking forward to seeing everyones natural container.
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

January 4, 2008
1:34 AM

Post #4358091

Completely forgot the pot with the weather. The container I want to use is outside and I DON'T WANT TO GO OUT THERE AGAIN!! Warming up this weekend.

I bought two cute little vases today, but left them in the truck. See above. I was on my way to splurge on some flowers and was rear ended. I'm ok, the monster I am having to drive has a dent in the fender, the other lady is ok, but, ohhhhh, her poor car.

Anyway, when I got to the store, I saw this and had to have it. ID anyone? It is sooo pretty, but I have no idea what it is!!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 4, 2008
1:38 AM

Post #4358118

Hi Traci,
So sorry to hear about the accident, hope you are not too shaken up?
Your plant is called Bergonia ! Lovely colours.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 4, 2008
1:45 AM

Post #4358147

Hi Adele,
I replied to your post earlier, but it disapeared...strange!
Have you noticed that the thread about the dried flowers over on the artisans has disapeared?
I'm wondering if something is wrong with my computer or what!!!
I'm looking forward to your natural container with the green candle, sounds nice.
I will try to make mine soon!
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

January 4, 2008
1:47 AM

Post #4358158

Thanks Terri. It is a begonia. http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/showimage/39233/

It is very pretty which is sad, as I can't cut the flowers.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 4, 2008
1:50 AM

Post #4358174

Use it in your pot et fleur, perhaps!
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

January 4, 2008
1:54 AM

Post #4358198

Traci, don't cut those flowers!
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

January 4, 2008
1:55 AM

Post #4358202

Hi ladies. Need a pick me up. Lost some of my tropicals to the light freeze we had last night. :(
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

January 4, 2008
1:58 AM

Post #4358215

It is too big for my container I want to use. I have the K plant for it. I think I will buy a special pot for it and let it be it's own arrangement.

Got these for Teensy when she comes home of Sunday.

pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

January 4, 2008
1:59 AM

Post #4358218

Oh, Karma, so sorry. What did you lose? I may have it.

I CAN'T cut the flowers, they won't let me.

Mommi and Teensy

diggerette
Brooklyn, NY
(Zone 7a)

January 4, 2008
3:20 AM

Post #4358608

Hi All,
Karma, Do something nice for yourself. I remembered you liked taking a fragrant bath and you looked so cute too.

Terri, I looked over at the artisans thread and it is gone. That's strange. Too bad because I wanted to see some pressed flower designs. I like the idea of making pressed flowers. I noticed on some thread that you did a leaf print? rub? What did you use to do that? I teach an after school program with 9 year olds. I know they would love to make something like that.

Traci, Your plants are so pretty. Now you have at least 3 flowering plants. That's nice to have in the winter.

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 4, 2008
4:41 AM

Post #4358892

Karma, sorry some plants were lost, after all your hard work and tender loving care.

Traci, I'm sure you will come up with something great, whatever it maybe!

Adele, I think maybe because it was advertising a show, I don't know. I have seen other posts that advertise events. A mystery disapearing post!!!!!!
I haven't really done many pressed flowers. I prefer to let them dry out naturally, which keeps their texture and shape. The rubbings you saw (frottage is the arty name for it)! were done using a collection of leaves from the garden 'arranged' on a piece of thick paper, then another sheet of paper carefuuly placed on top .Rubbing with a graphite stick or different coloured wax crayon sideways, to reveal the leaf prints. If done with wax crayons, painting on top makes a good texture too.
I do enjoy making 'flower art' with the old flowers. it's fun, especially when I don't have any fresh flowers to play with!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 4, 2008
4:52 AM

Post #4358926

distressed leaves seem to work better! more texture and interest.

diggerette
Brooklyn, NY
(Zone 7a)

January 4, 2008
12:15 PM

Post #4359196

Thanks for the info. I love that rubbing.
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

January 4, 2008
1:46 PM

Post #4359389

Morning. . .sorry I went missing last night. I salvaged and pruned what was left. . .not sure if that was a good idea. My plastic greenhouse apparently doesn't work well enough, but then I didn't even heat it. The only room I had in the house went to brug cuttings and some house plants. So not all is lost. My roses outside are looking great too. Anyway. . .

Traci, your plants look great. What is "the K plant for it"? I must've missed something. Teensy will love the daisies. You are a sweet and thoughtful mommy.

Terri, that is so cool. Learned something new. . .frottage. Now I need to get some graphite. Thanks for the idea.

Adele, funny about the bath!

What's everyone up to this morning. . .I'm at work.

This message was edited Jan 4, 2008 3:07 PM
starlight1153
Seale, AL
(Zone 8b)

January 4, 2008
3:07 PM

Post #4359622

Brrrrrr another cold and cripsy morning. I feel for ya Karma. I got tropicals too that got bit, but as long as the roots are protected, they usually come back. Will see in spring what of mine made it and maybe I might have some of what ya lost.

Pupil... Love the flowers ya picked up. You and me must have been thinking the samething cuz while you got the orange/yellow begonia. I picke d up orange/ yellow alstroemia, but mien plastic. Wanna trade.

Diggerette... What else ya got going?

I been huntign through fridge for seeds for swap, eading a good book I couldn't put down and messing around. Doign everythign but cleanign house which I need to get too.

Here, I tried to make a corsage from the plastic I had. Uggggggg I can't do bows. This one turning evry which way but wher e I want it and refuse to show bck wher e I got two tons of glue holdign things together. LOL

Thumbnail by starlight1153

starlight1153
Seale, AL
(Zone 8b)

January 4, 2008
3:09 PM

Post #4359633

and then I was messign with the wine glass. Had an idea of sorts but it not workign out. Was playing with the silk flowers I picke dup the other day and then saw some of this sparkley bow stuf f and got it to see what it woudl look like in glass.

Can ya tell I don't iron pillow cases. LOL

karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

January 4, 2008
4:25 PM

Post #4359910

Star, beautiful corsage! Really! I love the form and how your roses aren't facing all the same way. And yes, I can tell you don't iron pillow cases. LOL. That's why I hate setting up to take pictures. I can never find anything nice and straight. Anyway, great job Star!
diggerette
Brooklyn, NY
(Zone 7a)

January 4, 2008
4:33 PM

Post #4359945

Hey Star, My favorite are the flowers flowing around the glass. Very dynamic.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 4, 2008
6:32 PM

Post #4360307

Hello everyone,
Just calling in quickly, got another family birthday here! My brother's 50th. We are having a doo in the local pub.. live bands, including my daughter's rock band,should be fun!

Well done Star! (that's your new name), really nice corsage and glass arrangement. Great idea having the flowers on the outside, I didn't think of that. Thankyou and keep up the great work everyone!!

Hand tie with blue roses

diggerette
Brooklyn, NY
(Zone 7a)

January 4, 2008
8:59 PM

Post #4360646

Terri,Fantastic hand tie!
have fun at the pub.
starlight1153
Seale, AL
(Zone 8b)

January 4, 2008
10:19 PM

Post #4360931

Beautiful hand tie Terri!

Lets se e if you can do that after a night in the pub. LOL Have fun at the Birthday Party! Rock on! : )
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

January 5, 2008
1:20 PM

Post #4362933

Terri, you raised some cool kids. One kicks butt with tai kwon do, and the other's a rock star! Sounds like a lot fun in your family. Hope you had a great time.

You should have brought that handtie in for New Years. Blue and silver! Did you spray the roses and grass? Or were the roses dyed? That can't be its natural color, can it? However it was done, it's a rockin handtie you put together.
diggerette
Brooklyn, NY
(Zone 7a)

January 5, 2008
1:54 PM

Post #4362988

Good Morning Everyone!!
I woke up early to make the "simple" hand tie bouget and I say it is not simple. I had a hard time with it, the stems bend, petals fall off, the shape changes Maybe I should use only carnations. I'll buy some more and try that.

Thumbnail by diggerette

starlight1153
Seale, AL
(Zone 8b)

January 5, 2008
2:02 PM

Post #4363007

Oh that's pretty Diggerette!!!!!! : ) Makes me hungry. Reminds me of strawberries and cream cheese cake. That sure is a pretty shade of pink.
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

January 5, 2008
2:10 PM

Post #4363029

Adele, that is sooo pretty! I see you already have an admirer.

I love the ring of alstro lilies around the carnations. It's much more interesting than if you used only carnations. Is it standing on its own too? Terri will be so proud as I am. Nice touch with the ribbon and pearl pin too. Simply lovely.

Morning Star, now that you mentioned it, it does look like strawberry cream cheese. Yummy!

Edited to say, I meant your feline admirer.

This message was edited Jan 5, 2008 8:38 AM
diggerette
Brooklyn, NY
(Zone 7a)

January 5, 2008
2:13 PM

Post #4363039

Thank you Starlight for your kind comment. You're so nice.
diggerette
Brooklyn, NY
(Zone 7a)

January 5, 2008
3:05 PM

Post #4363231

SNAP to Karma, I typed a reply to Star and then exercised! for the first time in a looong time. I need a sports bra and a belly bra.LOL.
Thank you Karma,I'm so happy you like it. It means a lot to me. I need all the encouragement I can get. Alf,my cat, liked it too. Why don't I like it? I think those directiions aren't specific enough for me.
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

January 5, 2008
3:13 PM

Post #4363254

I love it and for the same reason as Karma said. The astro sets it off perfectly. Great job!!

Morning all.
diggerette
Brooklyn, NY
(Zone 7a)

January 5, 2008
3:26 PM

Post #4363289

Thank you so much,Pupil. O.K. Now, I'm ready to to make the natural container design.
diggerette
Brooklyn, NY
(Zone 7a)

January 5, 2008
10:43 PM

Post #4364780

Hi Everyone,
I made a natural container using the cut off stems of the roses, carnations, lillies and cinnamon sticks. I hot glued them onto brown paper that was wrapped around a plastic container.It was great fun. What's next?

Thumbnail by diggerette

diggerette
Brooklyn, NY
(Zone 7a)

January 5, 2008
10:53 PM

Post #4364812

Here's a top view.
It's Saturday night. Did this cafe get it's liquor license yet?? Anyone care for some shots? I'll serve some coffee later on. :)

Thumbnail by diggerette

pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

January 5, 2008
11:04 PM

Post #4364857

I am always up for shots. What will you have. I love Goldschlauger.

Great natural. Love the cinnamon!!

I went out today to get my little container for pot of fleurs and learned something today. For those who don't know I have only been gardening since this summer. Anyway, I had propagated some beautiful swiss ivy. It was hanging all around the sides of the container. Apparently it is not as hardy as it's cousin the common ivy, for it was Kaput. I am devastated. I had been training it just how I wanted it for several months.

Oh well, on a grand note, I found these in the back yard. I am praying for a very early spring to see what all is back there. There is no telling what will pop up in the "Treasure Trove" aka backyard.

Anyone know what they are? I don't.

pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

January 5, 2008
11:06 PM

Post #4364866

They are very small but LOTS in this area. I will explore more tomorrow when it is warmer. I have already dug up over 200 bulbs out of it. I refuse to leave any plants in this yard before...

diggerette
Brooklyn, NY
(Zone 7a)

January 5, 2008
11:37 PM

Post #4364972

Pupil, Sorry, I can't afford Goldschlauger :) How about some Tequila! Anyone else?

I don't know what they are either but they'll look amazing when they all bloom.

Thumbnail by diggerette

starlight1153
Seale, AL
(Zone 8b)

January 6, 2008
12:14 AM

Post #4365102

Pup[il.. They look like they might be Narcissises ( man that a tough word to say: ) ) That would be my guess. I got a pile of them sittign in flats in the back of my truck in pot s that was gathered up from the wild.

Digger... How cute! Like how ya use dthe stems and the cinnamon sticks like that. : )

Anybody know how long they and daffodils will last once cut in an arrangement?
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

January 6, 2008
12:45 AM

Post #4365199

Star, that is a questions for the gurus. I can't even identify a flower. lol.

Diggerette, looks great lit. Do you have any fatter, squatty candles? lol. That is the only way I can think to describe them. I think it needs to be a little larger on the candle. BUT, that is just my thought. Either way, it is fantastic and exceeds anything I can do. Now that bottle beside it, have you any limes?

These are some other bulbs I dug up out of the yard. They are unknowns as well. Oh, to let ya'll know, we did not move into the house until after flowering season. I had never owned a plant before this (34, sad huh). But the yard was fantastic and I was hooked. So, I can't wait to see them in bloom!! A gardener loved this yard once, the owners afterwards and afterwards apparently did not. It is very overgrown with Ivy and Monkey Grass. I could sell it by the truck loads and still not be rid of it.

pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

January 6, 2008
12:46 AM

Post #4365204

"The Treasure Trove"

pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

January 6, 2008
12:48 AM

Post #4365212

Bet ya have these too, star. Spider lilies. This is the only thing I have seen blooming in the back.

starlight1153
Seale, AL
(Zone 8b)

January 6, 2008
1:09 AM

Post #4365299

Pupil.. From the size and shape of leaf coming out I would say the one in your hand is an Amaryliss. Oh ya only a few hundred of them red spider lilies . They multiply like bunnies.
diggerette
Brooklyn, NY
(Zone 7a)

January 6, 2008
1:12 AM

Post #4365318

Hi Pupil, I forgot to say thank you for your compliment. Thank you pupil! And thanks for being so sweet. I agree a larger candle would balance it out better. Good eye. Here it is again with the candle adjusted. Sorry, no lemon, who needs lemon anyway? Cheers!

Wow! You are so lucky to have all that land and you still have flowers blooming. How great! What are your plans for "The Treasure Gove"?
That thing you have in your hand looks ...Well do I dare say it, it looks like something from
a dog porn magazine. LOL It's very funny.

Hi Star, Thank you, I'm glad you liked my container. I used a hot glue gun to put on the sticks. I love using that hot glue gun.
I don't think daffodils last very long, maybe 3 or 4 days. I haven't experienced it but I read that daffodils will cause other flowers to wilt.

Thumbnail by diggerette

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 6, 2008
1:26 AM

Post #4365385

Hello everyone,
Gosh, you have all been busy, it's such a treat for me to come and find your lovely creations in the cafe!

We had a great night and the music was brilliant ! Thanks Karma! I'm so proud of both my girls!! The younger one sang two solo numbers, I had tears streaming down my face!!!!

The blue handtie, thanks for liking it!! I used bear grass and sprayed it silver. The roses are dyed, they haven't invented a hybrid blue rose yet, although they are working on it! I bought these at the floristry warehouse, they were in blue water!!
If anyone wants to try to make these blue roses for a bit of fun, put white roses in blue ink after 2/3 days they start to turn first green then blue. White roses in red ink are worth a try too, they become a lovely pink.

Adele, I cannot believe that is your first hand tie!! It is marvelous, no joke!!! I know just how tricky that must have been, and very adventurous. You did really well, it's so hard to keep the stems in your hand whilst trying to add more and spiral at the same time. It looks like candy floss, we get at the fairground.
I agree about the instructions, I have other instructions for hand ties, that might help. will post another time.
Tha natural container is really lovely, I love the use all stems and everything apprroach it's what the dutch floral designers do. Use everything no waste philosophy, I think it's great.It must have taken you ages to glue the stems on Well done! I hope you continue with your fresh, creative ideas, you really have a flare for this, Thankyou !!!! I'll have a coffee please, if you're making it!!!

Hi Traci, so sorry to hear you lost your ivy! Daffodils everywhere, almost flowering, really shouldn't be moved 'in the green' as they say. Not really used in floral arrangements, the hollow stems make it almost impossible to get into oasis. If you do pot them up ,they could be in a pot et fleurs! I have some minature ones to use. If you have the time to let them flower where they are, then dig them up, but dont take off the leaves for 6 wks after flowering, they store the food for next years blooms.

Hi Star, Daffs do best on their own in water!!!!!! If you cut them in the bud stage, they won't open until they are in water. Our florists sell bundles of them out of water. As long as the room is cool, they will last 4/5 days in water, but change it everyday, daffs give a poison out in the water so they need to be ALONE!!

It has taken me ages to type this!! ...going to put the kettle on! This year I hope to improve my computer skills!!

pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

January 6, 2008
1:33 AM

Post #4365412

ROTFLMAO. Thanks for the laugh!!!

That really makes a difference with the candle. Verrry pretty.

Your right, no needs for a lemon, cheers back at ya. Hmmm...actually sounds good.

For now the Treasure Trove is on hold. I am going to continue to remove the HATED ivy and see what else I can find. Crap, I have erased this three times trying to think of the correct way to say this...so, I am getting the big D, so not sure what is going to happen. That is why I am getting MY BULBS. LOL. Here's to hoping for a early spring so I can find ALL the bloomers!!

THIS is going with me as well!!

Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

January 6, 2008
2:12 AM

Post #4365608

Geesh, Traci, I can't believe you all have all those flowers budding and blooming. I agree with Star on the Narcissus and the Amaryllis...both lovely flowers.

Rats...it will be another month before I see any color in this dreary zone.
diggerette
Brooklyn, NY
(Zone 7a)

January 6, 2008
2:33 AM

Post #4365730

Pupli, I know,right! I laugh just thinking about it.
Oh yeah, I did the big D too about 20 years ago.If I could I would help you dig it all up.

Terri, Thank you so much!! I'm having a blast. I'm glad you had a "rocking" time with your family. Your family sounds wonderful. And your coffee is ready, sugar and cream?
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 6, 2008
2:55 AM

Post #4365838

No dog porn allowed in the building ok?!!!!!!!

No sugar thanks man ! chill dude! or as my kids say, CHILLAX mum! chill and relax.

Hi Shar, nice to see you!
diggerette
Brooklyn, NY
(Zone 7a)

January 6, 2008
3:28 AM

Post #4365986

Pupil? You heard Terri. Please put it down now.LOL

Terri, O.K. no sugar for you. I like "chillax". I'm going to say that to my 4th and 5th graders.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 6, 2008
3:41 AM

Post #4366025

have you gone to Costa Rica or Brazil for the coffee beans?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok I'm 'Chillaxed' I can wait!!
diggerette
Brooklyn, NY
(Zone 7a)

January 6, 2008
3:50 AM

Post #4366050

Yes! I went to Costa Rica. Only the freshest coffee beans for you! Be back soon.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 6, 2008
4:18 AM

Post #4366115

After such a long wait, I hope to have a snack thrown in too!!! I'm a bit peckish...
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 6, 2008
4:26 AM

Post #4366129

Please don't be offended by my post when I get my coffee!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 6, 2008
5:09 AM

Post #4366259

Oh I heard about the fight delays from Costa Rica, never mind ,I'll make do with the old jar of nescafe' I found!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 6, 2008
5:34 AM

Post #4366312

I found a few flowers in the cafe kitchen...

Arranging a group of the same flowers or the same colours is called 'blocking'

This message was edited Jan 6, 2008 6:35 AM

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 6, 2008
5:42 AM

Post #4366333

Another view,

Plant material used, Staice, thistle,Chrysanths,Roses,Alstromeria

mistygardener
Saint James, MO
(Zone 6b)

January 6, 2008
5:44 AM

Post #4366337

Hey Terri, I think everyone has gone nighty night on you! LOL
As always, the flower arrangements are gawgus!!!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 6, 2008
5:47 AM

Post #4366343

Hey Misty, there you are! How have you been? I was wondering about you!

Yeah, looks like they've all gone!!!!!!!!
mistygardener
Saint James, MO
(Zone 6b)

January 6, 2008
5:49 AM

Post #4366350

I am good thanks! How bout yourself? Been busy with all the holiday hubub, Brandon's birthday, completing the green house, Brandon flunking his driver's test! Oh am I ever glad the holiday's are over! LOL
Got all the plants moved to the new green house today and just sat out there for a while and admired and enjoyed the fruits of our labors! LOL
I will prob be joining the other's soon as Sienna is wanting to go to bed and she won't go without me!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 6, 2008
6:01 AM

Post #4366377

I know what you mean, glad the holidays are over and they will be back at school on monday!!
Sorry to hear about the driving test, hope it doesn't knock his confidence too much.
Great to hear your plants are nice and snug in their new home!
Thanks for popping in, it's always nice to see you.
mistygardener
Saint James, MO
(Zone 6b)

January 6, 2008
6:06 AM

Post #4366386

Oh mine already went back to school, thank goodness!
He pulled out in front of a dump truck, which was so shocking to me! I think he was over confident and extremely nervous, but has been a bit of a 'cocky' driver since he started almost! I told him no matter what he should have waited till there was NOTHING in sight! I told him several times on the way there that he needed to pay close attention to EVERYTHING, but I guess it went in one ear and right out the other!!!
It was SO nice to have enough room to actually sit in there and enjoy them!!!
Thanks for the welcome, I just tend to lurk around since I haven't made anything for ya all yet! Shamey Shamey on me! LOL
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 6, 2008
6:18 AM

Post #4366412

You don't have to make anything!!! it's not the LAW around here, there is no penalty fine, honest!!!!
At this cafe you can come sit and chat, have a coffee...if you're lucky it arrives!!

Well, he will learn from this 'cocky' behavoiur, I'm sure, eventually!
They know it all, we know nothing, we had no life before they existed!!!!!
mistygardener
Saint James, MO
(Zone 6b)

January 6, 2008
6:21 AM

Post #4366415

Glad to know it isn't "LAW" to make something! :) I could see my cuppa coming all the way for London! HE HE HE Although, I could say I actually got something from there! LOL

Yep, they know it all and we know NUTTIN! Now we have to go 30+ miles on Wednesday for him to try again, and he better not be stupid this time! ARGGGGGGG He is in the A+ program, he knows better!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 6, 2008
6:31 AM

Post #4366431

Trying again so soon? Well good luck to him for wednesday. Just tell him your English friend said
'CHILLAX' it's my new word!
mistygardener
Saint James, MO
(Zone 6b)

January 6, 2008
6:33 AM

Post #4366436

LOL I read that earlier and thought it was pretty COOL! I will be sure to let him know that I have a friend from London that told him to "CHILLAX"! He will probably ask me what LALA land I am in for thinking I have friends from London! HA HA HA
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 6, 2008
6:43 AM

Post #4366448

Well, we are friends! just tell him you go to a cafe in cyber space to meet me!
He won't think you're a nutter.
mistygardener
Saint James, MO
(Zone 6b)

January 6, 2008
6:45 AM

Post #4366454

Yes, we are, BUT HE HE HE HE LMAO @ TERRI! LOL
He already thinks I am at least partially NUTSO! HA HA HA
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 6, 2008
6:50 AM

Post #4366456

it keeps us off the streets!!!
weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

January 6, 2008
6:52 AM

Post #4366460

Hi TC, how bout a cuppa for a newby in the cafe?

Thumbnail by weed_woman

weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

January 6, 2008
6:52 AM

Post #4366461

snap
mistygardener
Saint James, MO
(Zone 6b)

January 6, 2008
6:53 AM

Post #4366462

WOW weed_woman, that is cool! What is that anyway?
weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

January 6, 2008
6:55 AM

Post #4366465

Hi Mistygardener (MG) its an Artichoke flower. I first saw them in a flower arrangement I bought from the markets last year. It looks like a huge Scotch thistle, but no thorns! It has taken awhile to flower though!
Sue
mistygardener
Saint James, MO
(Zone 6b)

January 6, 2008
6:56 AM

Post #4366467

Thanks, Sue, that is really neat looking!
weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

January 6, 2008
6:56 AM

Post #4366468

I just checked my blog and I planted it on August 18th 07. It was a small 4" seedling. I'm hoping to get some seed from it and start my own. I love them. I've never eaten them however. Have you?
mistygardener
Saint James, MO
(Zone 6b)

January 6, 2008
6:59 AM

Post #4366470

Can't say I have ever eaten artichoke, and donno that I will either! LOL I just think the flower is really cool! I bought some Dark Opal Purple Basil Seeds just because I thought the foliage was beautiful, then learned it even flowers. I am not much of a salad eater, so just wanted it for the look. :)
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 6, 2008
7:15 AM

Post #4366489

Hi there Weed woman!! How are you? come in, I'm expecting a fresh batch of coffee from Cota Rica anytime now!
What is that beautiful flower? absolutely gorgeous. Imagine the fun we could have with that in here?
Thanks for coming in, you are very generous to bring such a pretty flower all the way from down under for us.
Have a seat, while I put the kettle on!

I got the 'while you were typing other posts were made' I told you I was slow at typing!!!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 6, 2008
7:22 AM

Post #4366506

I don't like the taste of artichoke, so I am going to grow it for the flower's and foliage! Will it flower in the first year? how tall do they grow? could be good for my allotment.

Brew's ready!

mistygardener
Saint James, MO
(Zone 6b)

January 6, 2008
7:23 AM

Post #4366511

Is it decaf, cause now it is time for me to be sleeping! LOL
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 6, 2008
7:30 AM

Post #4366528

I dunno! the coffee is coming via diggerette!! Anyway, if you are sleepy, it's time to sleep!
Nice talking to you and please don't be a stranger!!!
mistygardener
Saint James, MO
(Zone 6b)

January 6, 2008
7:31 AM

Post #4366534

I might just surprise you one of these days with a floral arrangement, but don't hold your breath! LOL
Always nice chatting in here with all the nice folks, cuppas, and flowers! :)
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 6, 2008
8:34 AM

Post #4366579

Thanks misty!

Sue, I enjoyed reading your latest blog entry. I love peonies too, next time I find some I'll make something with them for you!
weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

January 6, 2008
9:15 AM

Post #4366607

purple basil, with flower, for mistygardener (MG) I was given a seedling in late November and this is it now.
Hi TC. Its taken 5 months for the Artichoke to flower, and this is probly not the best climate for them. Its too humid here in summer. You should do quite well with it I think. I planted mine in early spring, but a friend of mine planted some in late spring and hers did much better than mine in the leaf. I must pop around and see her tomorrow to see if she has flowers. I will get a pic if she allows and pop one in the cafe tomorrow night if able. (No promises)
I like cut flowers and quite regularly bring the garden indoors. Everything is a bit soggy though right now, so when it dries out a bit i might have a go at an arrangement. I like to use xanadu leaves, Cycad leaves, bird-of-paradise (strelitzia) flowers and red hot pokers (kniphofia) to name a few. I also have Centaurea, which is a bit like Senecio cineraria "Silver Dust", but has a purple flower (not very often) and lasts a long time in a vase.
I read the last flower pot cafe last week and it has taken me all this time to catch up and join in, but yesterday, while shopping in a place called "Bizzare, bizzare" I saw heaps of interesting things that could be used for a floral arrangement. I will have to nab something bizzare next time I'm there.
Sue

Thumbnail by weed_woman

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 6, 2008
9:21 AM

Post #4366610

Sue, are you sure that is purple basil? it looks like salvia to me!!!!!!!!!
weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

January 6, 2008
9:32 AM

Post #4366614

Whoops, forgot i put picture in, and put another picture in! You are right, its Salvia Bonfire. DOH!

Thumbnail by weed_woman

weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

January 6, 2008
9:33 AM

Post #4366615

Hey TC, just been looking at your blog. You went to Chelsea! You lucky thing! I would love to come over one year and see it. Mmmmmm!
weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

January 6, 2008
9:49 AM

Post #4366621

Ok, well It's a bit too late for coffee, else I won't sleep, but I am going to have a slice of carrot cake, then it's off to beddy byes for me.
See ya TC! Be in Aussie gardening tomorrow. Looking forward to meeting the rest of your coffee connoisseurs
Sue
Ranunculus )

This message was edited Jan 6, 2008 8:50 PM

This message was edited Jan 6, 2008 8:52 PM
went and checked some spelling.

This message was edited Jan 6, 2008 8:53 PM

Thumbnail by weed_woman

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 6, 2008
9:58 AM

Post #4366625

Oh yes Chelsea flower show, it was fabulous, I enjoyed every minute of it! Last year was the first time that I have been, the only slightly annoying thing was that you can't buy any plants until the last day. Still, I bought a t.shirt and a mug! Hampton Court was really good, spend spend spend, you just can't help yourself!!!
I stocked up with loads of perennials. Both are worth a visit if ever you were able to come!
Chelsea in May
Hampton Court in July

That's more like it...purple basil!!
Oh ,I like the sound of that shop you have with interesting floristry stuff, bizare sounds my kinda thing!!
I hope you do have a go... mate! no pressure, chillax is my new word this week!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 6, 2008
10:06 AM

Post #4366629

Sleep well and thanks for coming! Nice to see your flowers even if they aren't in arrangements.I'll put them in our cafe garden.
Your ranunculus looks like poppies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Traci loves them, she will be pleased.
diggerette
Brooklyn, NY
(Zone 7a)

January 6, 2008
11:02 AM

Post #4366648

Good Morning All,
I hope everyone is chillaxing this morning.
Here's your coffee Terri, cream with no sugar. Enjoy! Anyone else?

This message was edited Jan 6, 2008 6:22 AM

Thumbnail by diggerette

diggerette
Brooklyn, NY
(Zone 7a)

January 6, 2008
11:41 AM

Post #4366668

Hi Weed_Woman, Love that artichoke. I didn't know artichokes produced such a beautiful flower.

starlight1153
Seale, AL
(Zone 8b)

January 6, 2008
12:31 PM

Post #4366701

Morning Everybody! : )

Thanks for the coffee Digger.. I was getting worried about ya. Figured you got down there and decided to sight see while ya was gathering coffee beans.

Oh cool! Thistles.. I have tons of them wees growing in my yard. What kind of paint do ya use to spray flowers with?

Thanks so much for the info on the Daffodils. I had no idea they would react like that with other flowers.

I can't wait finally next week can get to the flower shop and get some real, fresh flowers finally!!!!!!! Just hope I don't get lost again like last time.

Weed woman. Great idea with using an artichoke. I have never seen them flower. I have eaten them, and I wouldn't try and eat it now that it hs goen to flower. You may find it a bit bitter tasting. They taste good fried up in a mix with things like zuchinni and squash and onions and tomatoes. I haven't eaten one just by itself alone yet.

Gonan get to 66 today. Finally some warmth again and wil probaby spend most of the day out surveying the rest of the damage from the artic blast.

I been busy making kitchen kaddi's for the spring craft show.

karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

January 6, 2008
12:39 PM

Post #4366715

Woah, looked what I've missed! Where do I start?

Adele, I don't know what to say about your natural container. It blew me away! Gorgeous and innovative. I have mine set up but I was going to do something very similar to the instructions. After seeing yours, I'm thinking twice. I have no imagination. . .must try harder. In my opinion though, that arrangement would look prettier by itself (without the candle). I love the top view. I didn't know you had those lovely roses from looking at the side view. Beautiful arrangement Adele.

Traci, I'm so excited to see what your flowers turn out to be. That is an awesome backyard. I wish I lived closer. I would definitely come help you dig them all out. The big "D" is for DIG, DIG, DIG. Your suggestion for Adele in using a fatter and squatty candles is right on target! I wholeheartedly agree. Sorry to hear about your swiss ivy. I know exactly how disappointed you are. I love a canna that I grew from seed. I soaked and nicked about 10 seeds, and only one came up. I babied it, but apparently not enough. It died in the freeze. . .thought the greenhouse was enough to protect it.

Star, I don't know anything about daffs in arrangements, but that thread "beginning cut flowers" in the market growers forum prompted me to buy a book called "specialty cut flowers" by allan armitage. I was going to order the book you recommended but it costed 23.10, 2 dollars away from free shipping! So I went with the other book. . .I liked that it had over 600 pages! The farmer flowers has an old and new edition, should I get the new one? I will order it if I can find something for $2, possibly a board book for my little Peyton.

Teri, thanks for that info on the daffodils. I didn't know that! I will leave mine as pot et fleurs then. I love your "blocking" arrangement. I've never done anything like that before. I've "blocked" in parallels, but doing it in a vertical fashion like yours looks difficult. I will have to try it one day.

Chilax is my word of the day. It's Chilax Sunday. Great temps in the garden today. . 75F!

Welcome weed woman! That is the coolest flower I've ever seen. It reminds me of live corals. I've seen pics of Chrissy100's Australian garden, I bet you have some cool things in it too. Your ranunculus looks like poppies to me too!

Morning Adele and Star! I love a cuppa please.
mistygardener
Saint James, MO
(Zone 6b)

January 6, 2008
4:28 PM

Post #4367293

Hey all, and good morning!
Sue, thanks for sharing your pic of the purple basil, and I liked the salvia as well! :)
I need some very strong java since I stayed up so late and got up way too early!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 6, 2008
8:54 PM

Post #4368107

Thankyou for the coffee Adele, it was well worth the wait!
Hello everyone! glad you are having a chillaxed sunday.
Just watched Liverpool play a boring game, wasting my time with rubbish football, nevermind!

Please Karma, just make your arrangement and chillax! don't worry if you think someone else's is more creative. it's the making and admiring that we all love to do!

Star, I use metalic gold and silver decoration spray, and car paint spray!!!
You can buy florists plant spray if you want to pay megabucks!! all the same you kill and preserve the flower!Hope ypu manage to get to the flower shop before wednesday and you can come to the flower club!! What's in the kitchen caddy?
Hi misty, I can recommend the coffee, it's really smooth!
diggerette
Brooklyn, NY
(Zone 7a)

January 6, 2008
11:23 PM

Post #4368615

Hi everyone,
I hope you are all chillaxin'.

Hi Karma, I'm glad you liked it.Thank you. I agree, that candle was not right. I took it apart already.

I was just thinking, wouldn't it be great if we could all go to Chelsea, London and go to the flower show? Now, that sounds like fun!

Coffee is ready. help yourselves.

Thumbnail by diggerette

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 6, 2008
11:46 PM

Post #4368695

Ohhh that is so sweet Adele! It looks handmade, are you a potter? Thankyou!

I'm chillaxin', but dreading the treck to work tomorrow in the freezing cold.

By the way, I was going to say the same about the candle! but I thought you did a fantasic job, following the design anyway.

Yes, come over to Chelsea, the floral design marquee is out of this world and the perfume in the room knocks you out! Well worth a visit. Not to mention all the beautiful show garden's!!!!

diggerette
Brooklyn, NY
(Zone 7a)

January 7, 2008
12:33 AM

Post #4368864

That garden is so fantastic! Yes, going to the flower show would be a geat trip. Philadelphia has a flower show in March. It's suppose o be pretty.
Yeah, that candle has to go. I don't even like it being on the table.
I'm not a potter,I'm a digger:)
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

January 7, 2008
1:17 AM

Post #4369079

Hi Adele! Great idea, why don't we all go to Chelsea? Terri, when is it? I need a vacation. If not, we can have one here. Maybe we could all just splurge on flowers and materials, make something creative using everything we know? All we need is a theme. . .perhaps this year's theme for the Chelsea flower show. Set a date and time and we could post our displays?

Terri, is that your garden? It is beautiful. So natural.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 7, 2008
1:37 AM

Post #4369224

Oh Karma,you are so sweet, that is one of the little show gardens at Chelsea!! If you look closely, you can see the award for silver gilt on the chair.

Adele, I thought you might teach pottery?!!!! sorry! Glad you agree about the candle! we are all agreed the candle has to be exterminated!!!!!!!! banished from our cafe, thankyou and chillax...

It's a great idea to have our own flower show the same theme as Chelsea flower show. I haven't checked the dates but it's usually the 2nd week in May. The chairwoman at our flower club exhibited last year, the theme she entered was called 'Floral Profusion' She was happpy to be awarded a silver gilt but, I think she will be going back this year to try for the gold!!!!!! This was Jenny's arrangement.

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 7, 2008
1:41 AM

Post #4369240

Another view!
See you all tomorrow!

diggerette
Brooklyn, NY
(Zone 7a)

January 7, 2008
1:57 AM

Post #4369343

Jenny is GOOD!! Magnificient!
I love the idea of having our own Flower Show.
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

January 7, 2008
3:41 AM

Post #4369773

Crap, don't have time to catch up, but I will try to pop in some this week. GOT TEENSY!!
weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

January 7, 2008
9:59 AM

Post #4370345

coffee time! Mugaccino anyone? Me? I'm just chillaxin with ma gnomies!
I'd love to join the flower show in may. There should still be something flowering in my garden by then, (late Autumn) or I could do an Autumn leaf arrangement, or berries or something. Does that still count as floral arrangement? (Pssttt, just quietly..., I like the candle)
My first Artichoke flower has gone to god, but I'm hoping it will get seeds. Maybe I should have done the old paint brush pollination thing? The photo I posted yesterday, (like 100 posts ago!) was definitely at its best, as today they have thread-like brown petals around the outside edge, see next post

Thumbnail by weed_woman

weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

January 7, 2008
9:59 AM

Post #4370347

see
Oh and Digger, I especially liked the tequila!

This message was edited Jan 7, 2008 9:02 PM

Thumbnail by weed_woman

starlight1153
Seale, AL
(Zone 8b)

January 7, 2008
10:10 AM

Post #4370353

I already on my second cup since I got up, but whatever flavor that is, it sure looks interesting. : )

I LOVE flower shows!!!!!! ( pant.. pant..pant.. drool) Dr. Kessler and I went off to the one in Ga . I didn't have a camera at the time, but he did. Will have to get him to email some of the pics. The entrance pice was totally somethign to see. I couldn't even imagine tryign to put together that many flowers for what they created. Not gonna tell will lt ya all be surprise d when ya see them.

A flower show sounds neat when some flowers get to growing and blooming. After the artic snap, things look really depressing outside about now. I had a bunch of peace lilie s that got hit pretty good and wil have to cut the dead leave sback, but in the middle wa s one plant that darn if it don't have a bloom tryign to open on it. When it doe s will bring it for ya all.

I wish I could afford to fly over there and see some of the shows. I know when I was in Germany I just loved all the flowers folks grew everwheres. Such a riot of colors and textures.
weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

January 7, 2008
10:20 AM

Post #4370358

Hi Starlight. From whence do you hail? (where are you?) It sounds cold, especially as you mention the artic! Maybe you should have a hot chocolate/cocoa to warm you up. With the magic of computers, I can make anything you like. Here you go. It even has stars on it!
Sue

Thumbnail by weed_woman

weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

January 7, 2008
10:23 AM

Post #4370360

Sorry starlight, but I've been sitting here awhile, and am starting to get a bit sore, well,...you know where! I'm going to head for the showers and then off to bed. Its 9.22pm for me and I've got lawns to mow and weeds to pull tomorrow, but I will be back on again to read your reply, (if you don't respond before i finish this post) tomorrow.
Gotto go, must dash, quick cuppa and I'm outa here! Night all.
Sue
diggerette
Brooklyn, NY
(Zone 7a)

January 7, 2008
12:08 PM

Post #4370455

Good Morning All,
Has anyone had experience growing lavender in the house, in the winter? I read that this variety Goodwin Creek Grey will grow indoors.
What do you think? Will the potted lavender survive the shipping?
Thanks,
Adele
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 7, 2008
10:26 PM

Post #4372496

I'm screaming at this computer! Just spent half an hour typing and it's lost, pressed the wrong thing and poof gone!

Good evening everyone!
Thankyou for the very creative mugacinno Sue, think I'll just sit down here quietly having my chocolate stars with a spoon first, and chillax for a while!
I hate computers!! moaning...
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 8, 2008
12:02 AM

Post #4372943

I'm so happy that you all like the idea of having our own flower show in May. Karma, your idea is a HIT!!
As soon as I find out the themes for this year, I'll let you know straight away. We will need time to plan our designs
and to collect the all the materials.

Sue, I really needed that mugaccino, it was delicious, we are definately going to add that one to our menu!
I'm sure you'll find some exciting things in that weirdo shop with unusual stuff, to join in with the flower show.
Are you going to dry your artichoke flower?, could come in handly one day!

Star, I would love to see pictures from flower shows , from anywhere! Where is Ga? I'm looking forward to adding your peace lily flower to one of the tables in the cafe!!!!!!!

Hi Traci, we miss you! have fun with Teensy. (bring her to play in the cafe)! There are lots of Auntie's here to keep an eye on her.

Adele, I don't know the indoor variety of lavender. They are evergreen so live outside here! You won't want to cut it anyway!!!!!!!

I hope to see you all at the flower club on wednesday everyone!! the theme is '7 flowers and foliage' make whatever you want! Bring your arrangements into the flower club thread anytime on wednesday!
Mittsy and misty are invited too!
mistygardener
Saint James, MO
(Zone 6b)

January 8, 2008
12:08 AM

Post #4372970

Thanks, Terry! I may not bring anything but I will be lurking! Are you gonna have any where you need someone to judge? I think that might be fun? :)
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 8, 2008
12:25 AM

Post #4373054

Just leaving some fancy sweets in the cafe for you all, you deserve them!

Hi Mistsy, Great idea! will you come and judge? At our club we get points, up to 5.
Lets ask the others if they want to be 'judged' , don't want to upset anyone!!!!!!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 8, 2008
1:03 AM

Post #4373265

tropical juice, to remind you of warmer days!

mistygardener
Saint James, MO
(Zone 6b)

January 8, 2008
2:24 AM

Post #4373760

Terry, I would be the judge if everyone promises not to get mad if I don't choose them!
Bad weather headed our way. Already had the sirens go off and under tornado warning/watch. Lots of lightening, and thunder just now starting. Bad night anyway as Brandon came home and more than likely has a broken hand! :(
diggerette
Brooklyn, NY
(Zone 7a)

January 8, 2008

Post #4373805

Hi Terri! Your juice looks exquisite.
Here's a picture from Macy's Flower Show in New York. That's some dress.

Thumbnail by diggerette

Debbie2007
Port Vincent, LA
(Zone 8b)

January 8, 2008
5:27 AM

Post #4374396

Misty, what happened to Brandons hand. I scrolled up , but I didn't see an earlier mention of it. And I pray ya'll are safe from all of that bad weather.
weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

January 8, 2008
6:50 AM

Post #4374533

O.k. I had a go at some berrires. They are off a Lily pily, (Syzigium something -or- other) I tries to put them in a vase, but they were too heavy and didn't sit right, so The only way to display them was to hang em! Its now 7 hours since i hung them and they still look excellent, despite the lack of water!
Sue
Hello Drapelady, mistygardener and DG. Hope The hand is o.k

Thumbnail by weed_woman

weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

January 8, 2008
6:53 AM

Post #4374535

Now I don't pretend to know anything about flower arranging, I haven't even read a book/article. I had to prune back the Hydrangeas and i couldn't let good flowers go to waste so I put them in a vase, in a fish bowl with some glass stones. The Big leaves are philodendron "Xanadu".
No Terri, I didn't dry the Artichoke flower. I'm not sure how. (hang uip in cool dark, dry place?) It might be too, well, fleshy!

Thumbnail by weed_woman

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 8, 2008
9:01 AM

Post #4374590

Hi misty, Hope Brandon is ok? he has his driving test tomorrow? or will he have to cancel now? Sorry to hear about the weather conditions you are having. I promise not to get mad if you don't choose mine!!!

Adele, hello! Wow, imagine how many 100's of flower's were uesd to make that dress! It would be amaising to do something on such a grand scale. Usually those enormous displays are made by a flower club all working on it together. Thankyou for showing me that.

Hi Drapelady, Lovely to see you in here! I can't get on to mid south anymore, but I have been thinking about you all.

Hi Sue, What a lovely suprise this morning to find you have been busy making arrangements, and so kind of you to bring them in, Thankyou. I love the lily pily, whatever it is! I don't think I have seen it before, any chance of a closer look at it please? I like the way you didn't give up when you couldn't get it to sit right! You made a lovely hanging bundle, it looks very good, nice shape too.
Are you sure you haven't arranged before?!! The hydranga display looks very chic, I can imagine it in a posh art gallery!! Fish bowl, stones, like it. Well done!! I know Karma and Traci are big fans of Hydranga!
I would let your artichoke dry out in a vase without water or you could hang it up, in a dry warm place. It would be worth drying you hyranga too!!! sorry, I just can't throw any plant material out, maybe I need therapy!!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 8, 2008
9:16 AM

Post #4374593

A flower lady from Chelsea last year.

diggerette
Brooklyn, NY
(Zone 7a)

January 8, 2008
11:43 AM

Post #4374688

Good morning Everyone,
Love the dragonlady! That is amazaing.

Weed_Woman,Isn't this thread insipiring? I love those blue hydrangeas. They're beautiful and so is the arrangement! And the lily pily's look so pretty hanging like that. How do use them in your garden? Can you take a picture of them in your garden? I never saw them before.

Misty, I hope Brandon is O.K. How did he break his hand?
mistygardener
Saint James, MO
(Zone 6b)

January 8, 2008
9:06 PM

Post #4376525

Hi all, hope everyone survived the rough weather last night! We had some pretty rough storms, but everything is still in tact!
My son did break his hand. It is what’s called an oblique fracture of the 3rd metacarpal with proximal displacement. He is in what is called a soft cast for now, and will see the Surgeon sometime next week to see if surgery is required.

karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

January 8, 2008
9:19 PM

Post #4376604

Weed woman, I've never seen berries like those before, they're humongous. Is it an australian native? I LOVE your hydrangea bouquet. . .esp with the philo leaves at the base. That is exactly how my "teacher" at the flowershop would place his broad leaf greenery. Do you have to amend your soil much to get your hydrangeas that blue? If so, what do you use? I've read a lot about aluminum something or other but haven't had the chance to use yet.

Adele, that dress is gorgeous. If a bride puts that on, do you think she would need a floral bouquet? LOL

Terri, thanks for sharing that lovely geisha. She is beautiful.

HI Debbie and Misty!
mistygardener
Saint James, MO
(Zone 6b)

January 8, 2008
9:50 PM

Post #4376717

THIS PUTER IS TICKING ME OFF! It is slower than dial-up by about 100 times!
Brandon was in wrestling practice and fell too hard onto the mat and heard it pop.
Thanks to everyone for their well-wishes!
Terry, you gotta play nice now, ya hear! LOL
I think we have more bad weather headed our way, so might have to take a nap to catch up on what I missed last night!
weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

January 9, 2008
8:39 AM

Post #4378641

Hi all, TC, its been raining all day, and I think I've missed the window of opportunity for cutting and drying the Artichoke. If I get some seeds from it I'll have a go, otherwise i will get seedlings for next year. I didn't get to my friends place to see how hers look, but hopefully will in a few days.
I haven't flower arranged formally, but always cut flowers for indoors. That was my first attempt especially for this thread. I have posted pics of cut flowers in the past, but not so formally arranged.
Hi DG, the Lilypily, (Syzigium) is a small tree used for hedging or as a screen. I have them planted along the side and front fences for privacy. They are still young (3 years) and only about 2 metres high. They have a fluffy cream pom pom flower that turns into the berry you saw hanging up. I will get a picture of them when I am out there tomorrow.
Hi Karmaplace, yes it is a native. The berries are about 1.5-2cm long. They are still looking ok today, but beginning to lose their lustre and the colour is becoming darker.
The hydrangeas were pink last year! I've only added fertiliser (manure pellets), but if you want the blooms blue you add acid (sulphur, or manure pellets) and if you want them pink, add a handful of Lime around the drip line. We use dolomite over here because it has magnesium in it, which is in short supply in Australian soils.
Misty, I hope the weather clears for you, that your son heals well and your computer gets a wriggl-on! Bad things come in threes so you've had your lot!
So I'll pop in tomorrow Ladies (I assume) have another cappucino or hot chockie on me.

Thumbnail by weed_woman

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 9, 2008
9:19 AM

Post #4378657

Hi everyone.

Just popping in quickly ti say Hi, before I go to work!
Hope to see you all at the flower club tonight, if you can make it.
Have a lovely day!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 9, 2008
9:26 AM

Post #4378661

I enjoyed the cuppucino, Thanks Sue!
starlight1153
Seale, AL
(Zone 8b)

January 9, 2008

Post #4378876

Weed Woman. My those looks pretty hanging and drying. I don't have alot of luck with dryign flowers. Think the humidity just too high here.

I gonan try and make it to night, may drop in for a quick peek. Stuip me decide d to take a few more classes this semester and strain my already straine d body so I need to try and get a couple of scientific experiments for some seed germination projects outlined and ready for in the morning.

Got rain? We got some goign on this morning and suppose d to have it all day. : )

I went to wally world the other day and they had finally gotten some new flower sin. They had some mini carnations, pirple statis and some yellow mums. debated and debated wether to get them or not and in the end walked away cuz I just couldn't make up my mind . red, purple and bright yellow, just somehow didn't look together. Do I not have sense of good color schemes or would that cobo have been ok?
mistygardener
Saint James, MO
(Zone 6b)

January 9, 2008
4:01 PM

Post #4379476

Morning all. Weather is cleared and sun is trying to shine! :)
Tropicman told me things like this comes in three's, too! LOL
diggerette
Brooklyn, NY
(Zone 7a)

January 9, 2008
4:02 PM

Post #4379481

Hi Star, If they didn't look good to you then I would trust that they didn't look good together. To me, those colors look nice together but sometimes the shades or the hues are not complimentary.
What kind of seed germination projects are you doing? What are you growing? Any flowers good for cutting?

Hi Misty

This message was edited Jan 9, 2008 11:03 AM
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

January 9, 2008
5:37 PM

Post #4379905

Hey all,
Wow at everything going on. I just have to say, ALL IS BEAUTIFUL!! Flower club meeting? I still have Teensy, but will try to check it out. I'll be lots more fun next week.

Love to all and I miss ya,
Traci
mistygardener
Saint James, MO
(Zone 6b)

January 9, 2008
5:45 PM

Post #4379960

Hey digger, Hey Traci! :)
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 9, 2008
7:31 PM

Post #4380347

Hello everyone,

Hey Karma,did you see what Adele wrote? ' this thread is inspiring' whhooo! isn't that nice, Thankyou Adele!
It's thanks to everyone's ideas and enthusiasm, that this cafe is fun!
Traci dear, hope I'm not on my own at the flower club tonight, we call that , 'Billy no mates'!!!!!!!!!!!
Star, Shame they didn't have much of a selection of flowers, I would say, if in doubt about mixing colours ,don't!
Just get a couple of bunches of the same colour, and use a selection of greenary to add some more interest.
Hi Sue, it sounds like you have a great variety of plants and flowers, which is just what you need around here!!
We love fresh flowers in the cafe everyday if possible! or plants and flower's for our cafe garden's.
Oh Traci, I was just wondering ,do you know if Belle the florist shop is open again next week?
Hey misty! lucky you with your sunshine today! freezing winds here today, my poor ears were like ice cubes!
Going to cook! I haven't made my flower club arrangement yet, but the night is young!!

starlight1153
Seale, AL
(Zone 8b)

January 9, 2008
7:40 PM

Post #4380379

Woil catch up on the threds later tonight. I suppose d to have been working, but went to store and what started as a terrible mornign has turned into a bright spot.

I got an idea out of the blue, so I gonan go here now uick and make an entry for the show. I so excited. Don't know if it will work or not, but gonan giv eit a try and once the daylight fade s I don't have enough light in here to photograph well. Now to se e if I cna try and apply some of the things you all have been demonstrating.

Ok se e ya in a bit. : ) Oh and bring your appaties for tonights show. ; )
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 9, 2008
7:51 PM

Post #4380428

Hi Star,
I am looking forward to seeing your idea! can't wait to see what you make. It's good to know you will be there!
Good idea about the food!, maybe someone will bring some snacks if they are not doing flowers this time!!!!!
starlight1153
Seale, AL
(Zone 8b)

January 9, 2008
9:33 PM

Post #4380852

I only had a couple of things to work with and here the leftovers. Maybe you can put them on the half price table if there is one in the Cafe.

beginner here flower arranging and pic taking, so feel free to ad d comments good and bad. Ya won't hurt my feelings one tiny bit. I can't grow and learn if ya don't tell me like it is. : )

starlight1153
Seale, AL
(Zone 8b)

January 9, 2008
9:40 PM

Post #4380892

Well shoot, darn , and knock me in the head. Went over to the flower cub and was gonan post my pics and while hunting for the rules I discovered it was supposed to be 7 flowers and a bunch of foliage.

Well, I got 3 flowers and one foliage. Ok guess next time I wil read better, so I gues s I presenting the banquet meal. I gotta go study, so I gonan post my pics now. If I don't make it back this evening, don't worry about clean up or the dishes. I will get them tommorrow. Well, maybe. ??? Looking around at the giant mes s I made preparign the dinner and wishign somebody would now come clean up my kitchen. LOL

If I mis s ya at dinner, good luck to all the contestants!!! : )
starlight1153
Seale, AL
(Zone 8b)

January 9, 2008
10:07 PM

Post #4380992

Sorry Diggerette.. Didn't mean to ignore you. It just that it runnign so late and I behind and so nervous, since this my first catering job. LOL

The rpojects are revolving around tryign to take a powder , turn it into a workable souble, and see how it effects seed gremination if at all and stops the emrging seedlings from fungal diseses.

yep, I am going to grow some cut flowers, puttign what I learnign from the market growers thread going and here. Just hope water rtioning isn't so bad this year or I gonan have ya all teachign me how to make make bouquets from crispy, burnt flowers. LOL
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 9, 2008
11:05 PM

Post #4381266

Thanks Star, you made a beautiful feast for us! Our club is surely going more upmarket with dinner provided too!
I'll have this cocktail of flowers you have prepared, very tasty it's simple and lovely. Maybe add a few leaves or petals into the glass if you want to add something else.
Well, you've really suprised me today! From snubbing Wally world this morning, you have now done an excellent catering job!! Sorry I can't come and tidy up for you, would if I could!
mistygardener
Saint James, MO
(Zone 6b)

January 10, 2008
1:45 AM

Post #4381912

Hi everyone! How is everyone this fine evening? Hope you are all doing well and the weather is treating you kindly! If you think I am nuts for the way I am talking, it is because of being the "Princess" for February and I have to be VERY careful of how I post and not to spell any words wrong for the game we are having. Oh yes, by the way, this goes for Traci as well since she is the Lady In Waiting! Anyway, don't think Traci and I are nuts when you see how we are talking and such, it is just this game we are doing! No shortcuts, no misspelled words, have to use REAL names for those that are playing the game, and the "Princess" must be addressed in some shape or form in any post that is made, other than if they are running a Round Robin. Doesn't this sound like so much fun?! It is going to be great, now just to hold on to my points!

This message was edited Jan 9, 2008 8:01 PM
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 10, 2008
1:48 AM

Post #4381930

Young Lady, you said don't instead of do not. Good evening to you.
mistygardener
Saint James, MO
(Zone 6b)

January 10, 2008
2:04 AM

Post #4381998

No, it doesn't mean that kind of short cut. "Don't" is still a word. Maybe not a proper one to some, but it is in the Dictionary, along with many others that are spelled in that manner.
Good evening to you too, Terri! :) Isn't it morning over there, though? LOL (which we were just told is alright to use as a short cut!)
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 10, 2008
2:14 AM

Post #4382038

Sorry babe... chillax!
It's London time here...LOL!!
mistygardener
Saint James, MO
(Zone 6b)

January 10, 2008
2:18 AM

Post #4382051

LOL You silly girl! :) Trying to do that word you said, but too many things gone wrong here! :(
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 10, 2008
2:39 AM

Post #4382127

Sorry to hear that, Is Brandon 's hand alright?

I'm up this late out of consideration for my American friends who may have been working, having dinner, being busy, until play time!!! Also I'm not working tomorrow, so I can sleep in!
Nearly had my arrangement posted, then realised my camera is out of battery, so I'm waiting for it to charge up.
mistygardener
Saint James, MO
(Zone 6b)

January 10, 2008
2:42 AM

Post #4382151

He says it is better today, but his finger feels like it is jammed. It was bothering him more once the soft cast went on with the pressure, so that is probably what caused his finger problem. Have called the doctors office twice today, but still no appointment. Having to wait until the good doctor has time to read the x-rays, again!

So nice of you to stay up and entertain all of us wee American friends! :)
weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

January 10, 2008
9:53 AM

Post #4382873

Hello, where is this "club" ? I guess i missed it. Or are you a day behind? It's thursday here.
This is the Lilypily in my garden. As you can see, it has still got many flowers (although petals have fallen) ready to become berries. The ones I cut for the arrangement wer hanging on the ground, and would have broken the branches had I not pruned them!
Yhat's all fro now folks, but I'll be back tomorrow. Please tell me TC, what the "Club" is and all about.
Sue

Thumbnail by weed_woman

diggerette
Brooklyn, NY
(Zone 7a)

January 10, 2008
12:03 PM

Post #4382958

Good Morning Everyone! I hope everyone will find this day chillaxing.

Star, Your display is beautiful!. I especially love the cheerful daisies. I also like the way you layered the flowers. Terri does something that adds a lot of interest and depth to her pieces. She utilizes the inside of the vase by adding flowers,petals,etc. That way the bottom of the display has as much interest as the top.
That sounds like an interesting project. What kind of powder? Is this a class project? Let me know if it works.

Hi Sue, You sure are lucky to have a lilypily in your garden. It is a gorgeous plant. Thanks for showing it.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 10, 2008
3:50 PM

Post #4383664

Hi Sue,
The flower club is in another thread on the cut flower's forum, you are welcome to join in! We make an arrangement
working on the same theme, it's good to see everyone's ideas.
Thanks for showing us the Lilypily,is it frost hardy? I love your hibiscus, such a beautiful colour.
Hi Adele.
I'm chillaxing today thankyou!
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

January 10, 2008
6:50 PM

Post #4384188

Good afternoon, everyone. I may not have any flowers but my garden has decided I need some. Look at what is about to bloom and they are EVERYWHERE!! I love this old garden!!

pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

January 10, 2008
6:53 PM

Post #4384200

This is just a SMALL area of them. If I push back leaves and ivy, there are more under them. What fun this is!!

pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

January 10, 2008
6:55 PM

Post #4384204

Can't resist this picture. My Teensy, the ballerina/construction worker (I have worked in construction for a LONG time and I took ballet for 14 years).

mistygardener
Saint James, MO
(Zone 6b)

January 10, 2008
7:45 PM

Post #4384363

Hi everyone. Just wanted to drop in and tell you that Brandon is having surgery on Tuesday. I am waiting on the Hospital to call with the information, but know it is scheduled for sometime that day as that is when they do their surgeries. Hope all are doing well!
Tammy
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

January 10, 2008
9:28 PM

Post #4384719

Weed woman, here's the link to the flower club. http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/762297/

Traci, so are those daffodils? Cute pic of Teensy dancing along with the dump truck. The apple doesn't fall too far from the tree!

Misty, I'm hoping for the best with Brandon's surgery.
starlight1153
Seale, AL
(Zone 8b)

January 11, 2008
12:01 AM

Post #4385186

Evening all!

Don' thave alot of time. We under tornado watch and i need to buckle down pots so they don't away and cover up and brign other stuf f in here real quick, but wanted to show ya these.

These the pics fro the Ga flower show I was teling ya about. Wish the pics weren't so dark cuz the set up at the show was stop ya in yoru steps .

Now hopefully my puter won't blow a fuse uploading as it actign stupid tonight. I refus eto beive it cuz I at th ehelm. ; )

Pic one. set up.

mistygardener
Saint James, MO
(Zone 6b)

January 11, 2008
12:04 AM

Post #4385200

Hi karma, thanks! Sorry, I just can't remember your name! :( Seems like it starts with an L? But my brain is fried!
starlight1153
Seale, AL
(Zone 8b)

January 11, 2008
12:05 AM

Post #4385205

Pic two .. close up of some of the pieces The southern lounge chair. I loved the pedestal that was next to it. looked like a giant cream puf f of flowers.

starlight1153
Seale, AL
(Zone 8b)

January 11, 2008
12:12 AM

Post #4385223

Pic three.

starlight1153
Seale, AL
(Zone 8b)

January 11, 2008
12:21 AM

Post #4385247

Misty... Sure wil be praying for brandon and that he heals well and fast. I know how hard it is when ya got one hurt or in pain.

Terri... wher e would i have place d the extra foliage at?
Doiggerette... what do you mean about layer the flowers. Walmart was lousy but I just happene d to pass a tiny little florist shop on the road and at a wild chance had stopped to se e what they had. They only had the two big mums and two little scraggly strands of the white mums, so I took them anyways and got to piece sof leather leaf. The orange floers is the plastic ones I got the other day, I stuffed in .

Pupil.. LOL.. Teensy looks like she havign a good time. : ) Dance ballerina,.. dance... another Swan Lake premadonna in the making. : )

Karma... Hope things are going ok for you. : )
mistygardener
Saint James, MO
(Zone 6b)

January 11, 2008
12:49 AM

Post #4385356

Thanks star, and love the pictures!
diggerette
Brooklyn, NY
(Zone 7a)

January 11, 2008

Post #4385710

Star, I meant, I liked the way you positioned the flowers by putting the shorter ones in the front and taller ones in the back. I just looked at it again and it really is so pretty.
And that flower show must have been so much fun to see,such beautiful work and on such a grand scale.

Traci, Teensy is so cute!! What a sweetheárt.

Misty, I hope all is well

Hi Terri,Karma and Sue and everyone else.
mistygardener
Saint James, MO
(Zone 6b)

January 11, 2008
4:06 AM

Post #4385986

Thanks, Digger! :)
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 11, 2008
11:01 AM

Post #4386464

Hi everyone.
Lovely to see you all chattering away at the cafe! Lots of brews going on in here, who's doing the washing up by the way?!!!
Star, thanks for the flower pictures, fabulous dress, amaising! Wow, I've been thinking about making a
'flower bed' for ages, that is a lovely one. The extra foliage, inside the glass, in the water, let it go swimming!
Trac, in a couple of weeks you are going to have Daffs EVERWHERE! remember that film, from Russia with love, it's going to be like that!! Teensy's lovely.
Karma, Thanks for doing the link for Sue, you are a sweetie.
misty, it's good you have a day booked now, hope everything goes well. Karma's name is Lana, but to me Karma is Karma! It is a perfect name for her, she is calm and her arrangements are calm and perfectly elegant.
Hi Sue and Adele, hope you can both make it to the flower club!
Just leaving a table arrangement before I go to work.
Have a lovely day everyone.

mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

January 11, 2008
11:47 AM

Post #4386537

OK I have a question. I thought you had to remove all foliage below the water line so it wouldn't foul the water. Isn't this true? Lovely, interesting arrangement.

Beautiful GA flower Show pics, certainly has the WOW factor!, Thanks for sharing.
Mittsy
weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

January 11, 2008
11:57 AM

Post #4386554

Hi all, bout to go and look at link. Thanks for keeping me informed. It's late, and I just got home from seeing "Monster trucks" in town, with a jet van and fireworks and freestyle motor x. IT WAS VERY LOUD! And now my throat is sore! I will go check out link and talk to you all tomorrow.
Hi MG, TC, DG, StarL and Karma (who so nicely put the link on) and hello to mittsy that i haven't met yet? I'm having a cup of milo. Do you have that there?
Sue
Hibiscus I've taken some cuttings of.

Thumbnail by weed_woman

mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

January 11, 2008
12:03 PM

Post #4386563

That a warm sunshiney hibiscus, I need to get out and take some pics of ours. They are so cheerful! I wish it would get light earlier, it's 7:02 a.m. and still grey out.
weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

January 11, 2008
12:11 PM

Post #4386578

Its 11pm her on Friday Jan 11. Doesn't it seem funny with different time zones!
I thought this Hibiscus was the nicest one I've seen lately, so had to have it. I took 3 cuttings, but only want one. Any extras I'll send to you! LOL
Off to another forum and then to bed. I'll catch you back here tomorrow if you're around.
Sue

Thumbnail by weed_woman

mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

January 11, 2008
12:37 PM

Post #4386627

That is so different from any hibiscus thatI i have ever seen. .Thanks for posting the pic. It's finally light out so I'm off to putter in my garden. Have a great day, everyone.
Mittsy
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

January 11, 2008
5:57 PM

Post #4387825

Afternoon everyone. Yesterday we had some horrible storms come through, but all my daffs (abbreviation) are still alive and kicking. I find more and more each day.

The picture attached is another surprise for me. My mother bought everything seperate. She purchased the pot, soil, and 3 mini Japanese maples in it, planted them and gave to me. To my surprise, I found these bulbs popping up in it. I think all the neighborhood bulbs are jumping into my yard. lol. I spoke with my mother and she said she did NOT plant them. Strange.

Terri, I love the table arrangement. The foliage looks great in there.

Got my course, but I won't be able to look at it until Sunday. I will keep all of you updated.

Star, the flower show looks like it was amazing. I would love to go to one of these.

Hi weed, the hibiscus is beautiful and is the other a toad lily?

mistygardener
Saint James, MO
(Zone 6b)

January 11, 2008
6:04 PM

Post #4387861

Sorry girlfriend, got ya anyway! :)
mistygardener
Saint James, MO
(Zone 6b)

January 11, 2008
6:07 PM

Post #4387877

My mother bought everything seperate=separate. :)
distantkin
Saint Cloud, MN
(Zone 4b)

January 11, 2008
6:12 PM

Post #4387906

Wow!! Tammy has caught the inventor of this game more than anyone else-LOLOL
mistygardener
Saint James, MO
(Zone 6b)

January 11, 2008
6:20 PM

Post #4387933

LOL
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 11, 2008
9:48 PM

Post #4388758

Hi Mittsy, nice to see you again.
To answer your question about putting the foliage in water. I have found that if you change the water everyday, it works fine, and lasts quite a long time.
As a rule, you should remove ALL the leaves from flower stems, this keeps the flowers looking good for longer.
Use other greenery in your arrangement.
I spent 3 years studying floristry rules, now I have much more fun 'breaking the rules'!!
I doubt it's in the 'rule' book to put plant material in water, but I like it, Thanks for saying you liked it too!
This one was in a clear vase also.

Hi everyone else, I'll be back in a while!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 11, 2008
9:48 PM

Post #4388759

Hi Mittsy, nice to see you again.
To answer your question about putting the foliage in water. I have found that if you change the water everyday, it works fine, and lasts quite a long time.
As a rule, you should remove ALL the leaves from flower stems, this keeps the flowers looking good for longer.
Use other greenery in your arrangement.
I spent 3 years studying floristry rules, now I have much more fun 'breaking the rules'!!
I doubt it's in the 'rule' book to put plant material in water, but I like it, Thanks for saying you liked it too!
This one was in a clear vase also.

Hi everyone else, I'll be back in a while!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 11, 2008
9:51 PM

Post #4388777

How did that happen? 2 postings, I only typed it once!...spooky...
mistygardener
Saint James, MO
(Zone 6b)

January 11, 2008
10:39 PM

Post #4388954

Mittsy-Misty, so confusing! LOL
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 11, 2008
10:40 PM

Post #4388960

Hi Sue,
It sounds like you had a good time last night at the monster trucks.
Funny, we never seem to be here at the same time! It is Friday 11th at 10.30pm here now.
Your yellow hibiscus is so vibrant, love the orange spots in the centre thingy!
I think the second one is a toad lily too. It's lovely to see your flowers.
I have 1 hardy hibiscus, but it's not as exotic looking as yours!

nice one mistsy, you spotted the spelling mistake! Shame Traci, you were doing so well! I think your bulbs in the pot are Hyacinth .

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 11, 2008
10:41 PM

Post #4388965

SNAP misty !!
mistygardener
Saint James, MO
(Zone 6b)

January 11, 2008
10:42 PM

Post #4388967

Hey Terri, beautiful flowers!
mistygardener
Saint James, MO
(Zone 6b)

January 11, 2008
10:43 PM

Post #4388972

LOL Terri!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 11, 2008
10:46 PM

Post #4388979

Thanks! Has Brandon got you running around doing everything for him?
mistygardener
Saint James, MO
(Zone 6b)

January 11, 2008
10:53 PM

Post #4389002

Not yet! LOL I did make him an omlette yesterday, but that has been it so far. Oh, and then helping him with putting a bag on so he can take a shower! LOL He has a girlfriend that spoils him! :)
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 11, 2008
11:13 PM

Post #4389067

Nice he has a grilfriend!
My youngest had her fingers run over by ice skates a few years ago. After surgery they put her whole hand in a
cage cast, she was very brave, but couldn't do anything for herself for weeks! When the cast came off, she had weeks of physiotherapy. Everything is working fine now though!
mistygardener
Saint James, MO
(Zone 6b)

January 11, 2008
11:16 PM

Post #4389072

Oh my goodness, I bet that was horrifying for her! Glad you and she made it through it! They don't seem to think it will take much for him to heal, but time will tell I suppose.
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

January 12, 2008
1:18 AM

Post #4389514

Star, thanks for those pictures! Wow, I wonder how much they spent on all the flowers. I remember watching parade of roses one year, and the people that did one of the floats had to put up their home to make this float! Crazy? or Passionate?

Sue, that hibiscus is beautifully exotic. Love it. Terri, your purple one is nice too.

Hi Adele, Traci, Tammy, Mittsy, and hey there Robbi!
mistygardener
Saint James, MO
(Zone 6b)

January 12, 2008
1:22 AM

Post #4389532

Hi Lana! Funny seeing Robbi, here, isn't it?! LOL
mistygardener
Saint James, MO
(Zone 6b)

January 12, 2008
1:23 AM

Post #4389537

Hi Lana! Funny seeing Robbi here, isn't it?! LOL
diggerette
Brooklyn, NY
(Zone 7a)

January 12, 2008
2:31 AM

Post #4389922

Hi All, I hope everyone is doing fine. My friend, Violet, and I did floral arrangements/science experiments.
This one is Violet's. She is 11 years old. She put different food color combinations in test tubes. We'll take pictures again in the morning.
Already I see the carnation is a little blue

Thumbnail by diggerette

mistygardener
Saint James, MO
(Zone 6b)

January 12, 2008
2:37 AM

Post #4389947

How neat, Digger!
diggerette
Brooklyn, NY
(Zone 7a)

January 12, 2008
2:45 AM

Post #4389977

Thanks Misty! Here's mine.

Thumbnail by diggerette

mistygardener
Saint James, MO
(Zone 6b)

January 12, 2008
2:53 AM

Post #4390025

BEAUTIFUL!
diggerette
Brooklyn, NY
(Zone 7a)

January 12, 2008
3:07 AM

Post #4390076

Thanks Mitsy!

Weed_Woman, Hi, Violet wants to know how did you make the stars in your drink?
weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

January 12, 2008
9:57 AM

Post #4390748

Wow, is there an echo?
Hi DG. I made the stars with a stencil specially made for use with cappucino"s! They seel them in the supermarkets here. D-mail me with your address if you want one and I'll send you some!
My last pic was a Belemcamba, or Leopard lily. I have got an orange one in a pot and am waiting for a flower as the pink is the common.
heres a frangipani (common again) I'm sure you'll all enjoy it anyway.
Today was spent putting togeather a shade house frame of galvinised steel. I need to lay weed mat now and cover theframe with Cloth and then I have a new spot for newly planted and propagated material. (my obsession)
Sue

Thumbnail by weed_woman

diggerette
Brooklyn, NY
(Zone 7a)

January 12, 2008
1:06 PM

Post #4390845

Good Morning Everyone!

Thanks Sue! And I love seeing all these beautiful flowers. How big is the frangipani flower? What does the rest of the plant look like? I love seeing your garden. Keep the pictures coming,please.

Here's the outcome of the experiment Violet and I did last night. First, I'll present Violet's beautiful creation.

Thumbnail by diggerette

diggerette
Brooklyn, NY
(Zone 7a)

January 12, 2008

Post #4390856

Here's my creation.
Dying flowers with food coloring is fun! You could also split the stems and put each half in a different color and get a bicolor flower. Kids get a real kick out of it.

Thumbnail by diggerette

mistygardener
Saint James, MO
(Zone 6b)

January 12, 2008
4:39 PM

Post #4391459

Digger, those turned out just beautiful! You two did an amazing job!
diggerette
Brooklyn, NY
(Zone 7a)

January 12, 2008
4:42 PM

Post #4391478

Thanks Misty!
mistygardener
Saint James, MO
(Zone 6b)

January 12, 2008
4:46 PM

Post #4391489

Very welcome, Digger! :)
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 12, 2008
7:23 PM

Post #4392020

Hello everyone, a special welcome to distantkin and Violet!

Sue, Thanks for the Frangipani, it's not common here and I would love to have one! How is the shade house coming along?

Violet, I think you did a great job with your arrangement. I like the way the Gyp is cut and placed low at the front of the arrangement. I haven't tried to dye Gyp so it will be interesting to see if it works. You are lucky to have a cool teacher like Miss Adele! I have made you some cakes to say Thankyou for bringing your arrangement to the cafe, please let us know the results!
Adele, yours is lovely too!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 12, 2008
7:26 PM

Post #4392030

Rosie Gourd is bringing you some fairy cakes!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 12, 2008
7:29 PM

Post #4392044

and some pineapple juice!

starlight1153
Seale, AL
(Zone 8b)

January 12, 2008
10:49 PM

Post #4392849

Karma... I just can't even imagien tryign to order, store, cut and wire that many flowers. Wonder what the bill was. Not with in my budget for sure.

Pupil... The show those pics came from is going on again think it February 7th or maybe it the 21st. It at Atlanta at the Ga. convention center.

Digger and Violet. beautiful work there girls. : ) Violet your boquet is nice and sunny on such a dreary day here.

Digger... Is that how carnations are normally dyed that ya se e in the Florist shops with food coloring? They sure do look pretty. Can't wait til m carnation seed get here. Just hope they will grow .

Terri... Fairy cakes and pineapple juice sure does look awful good right now. : )
diggerette
Brooklyn, NY
(Zone 7a)

January 12, 2008
11:38 PM

Post #4393010

Hi Terri, Thanks for the cakes and juice they were delicous. Violet is my friend's daughter. They're staying the weekend. We wowed over your beautiful cake. WOW! Violet was so happy with what you said.She says,"thank you."
We're making a pomador right now.

Hi Star, Thanks from me and Violet! The florists dye flowers using somerthing called floral absorption dye. The food coloring makes a very spotty flower. I hope your carnations grow too. How great would that be?!

Hi everyone!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 13, 2008
12:00 AM

Post #4393072

Hi Star,
Are you going to the flower show this year? All those flowers must have cost a fortune!

Hi Adele,
Glad you enjoyed the cakes! Have you tried putting a red carnation in blue dye to see if it goes purple? or a yellow flower into red dye to make an orange one?

Tea anyone?

diggerette
Brooklyn, NY
(Zone 7a)

January 13, 2008
12:52 AM

Post #4393291

Terri,No, I've never done that but now I will. Here's our pomador. Violet and her mom, Susan, did most of it. It's not done. We are just too tired to finish it.

Thumbnail by diggerette

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 13, 2008
1:14 AM

Post #4393382

That is gorgeous! lovely rich colours you have chosen. The shape is coming along nicely. How long has it taken you to do so far? Everyday you suprise me Adele! Thankyou.
diggerette
Brooklyn, NY
(Zone 7a)

January 13, 2008
1:36 AM

Post #4393492

Thanks Terri! It's a 5 inch ball and so far it took about an hour and a half. Susan and Violet did most of it, especially the part that you are seeing. I like it too.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 13, 2008
1:41 AM

Post #4393524

Sounds like you all need a rest!
weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

January 13, 2008
9:26 AM

Post #4394868

hello all. I have been very busy with the new shade house and keeping up with the lawn mowing while the sun is shining. We are supposedly in for a wet January.
Hi Adele. The Frangipani flower is about 6-7cm accross and are very fragrant. They also look lovely floating in a bowl or in the pool with floating candles. I might put some in a bowl tomorrow to show you. The tree gets quite large. I've seen one with a trunk about 25-30cm in diameter and is a broad domed shape. It loses its leaves in winter and is not very attractive then, but has huge dark green leaves through spring, summer and into Autumn.
I love your arrangements girls! I'll definitely have to find more time to make something for you all at the cafe.
Thanks for the cake TC.
mmmmm yummy!
Here is my shade house pre-construction

Thumbnail by weed_woman

weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

January 13, 2008
9:30 AM

Post #4394872

This is the shade house up, but I won't be putting the cloth on until the end of the week. I'll keep you posted on the progress.
See you tomorrow.
Sue

Thumbnail by weed_woman

diggerette
Brooklyn, NY
(Zone 7a)

January 13, 2008
11:43 AM

Post #4394946

I would like to see some frangipani flowers floating in a bowl of water.
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

January 13, 2008
12:52 PM

Post #4394995

Morning everyone.

Adele, you are amazing with all your florals.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 13, 2008
3:27 PM

Post #4395501

Hi Sue,
I looks like your shade house is coming on well. It must be hard working in the heat!
Frangipani floating in a bowl sounds lovely. Glad you enjoyed the cake, thanks!
I'm looking forward to seeing what you make for us!!!

Hi Adele,
Have you finished the pomander yet?
Hi karma,
I agree about Adele's florals! just fab.

Hi everyone, hope you are all having a nice weekend?

Pot et fleurs...daffs, Amarylis,rosemary, statice, alstromeria, roses,conifer.

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 13, 2008
3:34 PM

Post #4395525

pot et fleurs, gerbera, roses,palm,ivy,conifer,alstromera

pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

January 13, 2008
9:45 PM

Post #4397055

Hey everyone,
I'm back for the week. I will start looking at the course today and figure out a way to do this.

Adele, LOVE the idea with the flowers and it would be something great for Teensy & I to do. Your pomador, enthusiasm and natural talent are amazing. Did you take any classes?

Terri, the cakes are adorable. You will never cease to amaze me. Rosie Gourd rocks!! The pot et fleurs, what are the live plants in the second one? I have daffs I can use in the first one and I hope to try something this week.

Weed, what is the purpose of a shade house? Sorry, I still haven't figured out a cold frame. lol.

Violet, fantastic job on the arrangement. Keep up the great work and you will be a master florist on day!!

More later guys
diggerette
Brooklyn, NY
(Zone 7a)

January 13, 2008
9:46 PM

Post #4397060

Hi Everyone!
Thank you Karma and Terri!
I don't think I will ever finish that pomander.
Beautiful pot et fleus. So in a pot et fleus you have a combination of potted plants and cut flowers/foliage?

Snap to Pupil
Thanks Pupil.

This message was edited Jan 13, 2008 4:48 PM
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

January 13, 2008
10:00 PM

Post #4397106

Wow, I think it is time for another cafe' opening. This one is quite long. Please grab all your goodies and move on over to the new cafe'. It is much larger and will accomodate all our new customers (which is fantastic). Here ya go http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/804140/
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 14, 2008
7:56 AM

Post #4399518

Just popping back in to answer a couple of questions...
Adele, yes a pot et fleurs must always have plants in soil and cut flowers.
Traci, the plants are palm,ivy and the little yellow flowering plant, you already gave me a name for begining with k!
(I can't remember)!
See you in the new cafe everyone! I'm off to work soon, have a lovely day...
readyadam
karachi
Pakistan

February 11, 2008
6:55 PM

Post #4524543

Hi all,

This is my first post here. I would share some great flower sites with you.

#1 http://ww21.1800flowers.com/
#2 http://www.proflowers.com/
#3 http://www.flower-shops.info/
#4 http://www.ftd.com/
#5 http://www.virtualflowers.com/

Hope to contribute to this board more often later. Thanks

Cheers
Gilchrist Adam

Thumbnail by readyadam

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

February 11, 2008
7:48 PM

Post #4524727

Hi Gilchrist Adam,
Welcome to the flowerpot cafe! Thankyou for the websites. Are you a floral designer?

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Cut Flowers and Floral Design Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Welcome to the Cut Flowers and Floral Design Forum dave 40 Apr 24, 2008 2:40 PM
Starting us off Wvdaisy 36 Apr 24, 2007 9:24 PM
My Tropical displays. celt33040 8 Apr 23, 2007 12:26 PM
Articles and tips about processing cut flowers.... gemini_sage 23 Aug 7, 2012 4:11 AM
Vases Lenjo 83 Jul 31, 2008 2:11 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America