Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Article: Resolutions for the Gardener's New Year: Loved your article!

Communities > Forums > Article: Resolutions for the Gardener's New Year
bookmark
Forum: Article: Resolutions for the Gardener's New YearReplies: 7, Views: 64
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
doccat5
Fredericksburg, VA
(Zone 7b)

January 1, 2008
2:02 PM

Post #4347101

I loved your article as I'm sitting here laughing. Sure sounds real familiar! I've been adding to my Gardening Journal on DG and once I figured out how to make it work, it's pretty slick! I savaged some old blinds for plant markers, invested in a good marker and voila! It actually works. This marker doesn't wash off, it's designed for those of us who are a bit er, garden challenged? LOL
Thanks again for the lovely article, this is a great way to start 2008!

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

January 1, 2008
2:56 PM

Post #4347250

Oh I though I was the only one who dreamed of Garden Perfection !!!
It was a very good article, but as far as Garden Resulotions go, here is mine.
I will plant what I want, where I want, I will weed when I want and I will sit in the swing and look for as long as I want
Happy New Years everyone
Sandra
LTilton
Glen Ellyn, IL
(Zone 5b)

January 1, 2008
3:12 PM

Post #4347295

I've been thinking of doing a journal here as incentive not to slack off. I start out strong but lose momentum, specially when it gets hot and the mosquitoes come out.
Dutchlady1
Naples, FL
(Zone 10a)

January 1, 2008
3:39 PM

Post #4347406

Nice article. But I'm with Sandra LOL
planolinda
Plano, TX

January 1, 2008
7:11 PM

Post #4348277

loved the article--made me feel better about my "spontanious" gardening style--always think i will do more thinking, planning, recording etc --my resolution for 2008--not to feel guilty about how unorganized i am and to just enjoy that i do it at all!!!
Islandshari
Kwajalein
Marshall Islands
(Zone 11)

January 1, 2008
8:34 PM

Post #4348592

Ha ha...yep, I here Murphy laughing at me too..., along with his friend O'brien, who always says that Murphy is an optimist! But, I too, will give it a try.

Fun article!
critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

January 1, 2008
8:52 PM

Post #4348649

Your planning and gardening style sounds a lot like mine! I've been sorting through my catalogs today, making a pile by the couch, getting out a fresh pad of graph paper, and sharpening my pencil. I did better last year with "don't buy it unless you know where you'll plant it," but I need to work on "don't sow 1000 seeds for it unless you know where you'll plant it!"

Thanks for an article that made a lot of good points in a very entertaining fashion!

carrielamont

carrielamont
Milton, MA
(Zone 6a)

January 2, 2008
1:18 AM

Post #4349611

Ha ha ha ha ha chuckle chuckle ha ha ha ha chuckle chuckle ha ha ha ha chuckle chuckle ha ha ha ha chuckle chuckle ha ha ha ha chuckle chuckle ha ha ha ha chuckle chuckle ha ha ha ha chuckle chuckle tee gee. Laughing at myself and my DH. Thank you, Lois.
x, Carrie

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Resolutions for the Gardener's New Year Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
resolutions in the garden rutholive 2 Jan 1, 2008 9:10 PM
From 2008 to 2012 greenbrain 5 Jan 6, 2012 6:55 PM
Planning my garden 3pmp 0 Jan 4, 2012 10:58 AM
Planning [?] a garden ... Lorra 0 Jan 4, 2012 1:41 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America