Photo by Melody

Article: Snowberry ~ The Name Says It Best: You answered a question I had!

Communities > Forums > Article: Snowberry ~ The Name Says It Best
bookmark
Forum: Article: Snowberry ~ The Name Says It BestReplies: 3, Views: 40
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
dancingbear27
Elba, NY
(Zone 6a)

January 5, 2008
2:45 PM

Post #4363165

I have been driving past this abandoned site that used to have a home on it and have noticed this beautiful shrub with these gorgeous white berries. Needless to say, the temptation to go out and dig it up was there day after day but I have refrained! Now thanks to you I know what I can order from the nursery and behave myself. Great article. Thanks!
grampapa
Wheatfield, NY
(Zone 6a)

January 6, 2008
4:51 AM

Post #4366208

I think I'd still be tempted to dig it up LOL.
smapela21
Harrison, MI

January 8, 2008
11:28 AM

Post #4374676

The home that I grew up in had about 3 1/2 acres of the most FUN property on which a child could grow up. Many fruit bearing trees, many wild flowers, berry bushes, you name it, we grew up around it! When I saw the picture of the Snowberry, it brought back so many fond memories! We kids ( 8 out of 10 left ) always joke around that MyMa always told us everything growing out in the wild part of the property was 'poisen'. Well, I guess in the case of the Snowberry, she was right! We had so many of these bushes on our property!! I can remember picking them and squashing them, but never eating them - heeding MyMa's warning! Thanks for the memory!
grampapa
Wheatfield, NY
(Zone 6a)

January 8, 2008
10:44 PM

Post #4376927

thanks for sharing your story. sounds like a wonderful place to be a kid!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Snowberry ~ The Name Says It Best Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Wonderful article! pixie62560 14 Oct 12, 2009 3:20 PM
Snowberry meryl1cat 1 Jan 8, 2008 5:58 PM
Snowberry gamekeeper 1 Jan 9, 2008 10:29 PM
fascinating and beautiful plant! DonnieBrook 4 Jan 11, 2008 9:21 PM
Did I really find wintergreen? scottsmom 3 Oct 12, 2009 3:30 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America