Photo by Melody
PlantFiles is getting a new look! Just in time for spring, we're rolling out a new look for the best online plants database. It will also work with your smart phones and mobile devices, so now you can take it with you on garden center visits or botanical garden tours. Questions or comments? Please post them here.

Article: An introduction to Aloe Flowers, part 4 of 5: Aloes S-Z: A wonderful plant but difficult to weed

Communities > Forums > Article: An introduction to Aloe Flowers, part 4 of 5: Aloes S-Z
bookmark
Forum: Article: An introduction to Aloe Flowers, part 4 of 5: Aloes S-ZReplies: 0, Views: 20
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Huntsville, AL

January 7, 2008
8:14 PM

Post #4371934

I had large, robust varieties of Aloe (EVERYWHERE) around my home in South Florida and was thrilled when I finally saw blossoms. I found it made an unusual, hurricane-proven hedge for my butterfly garden. 'Might topple but it doesn't give up. This is one plant I had to reluctantly leave behind when I moved here, but when I am able to build a greenhouse I will have a specimen instead of a spread.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v286/shewhoebays/GARDEN/Flowering_Aloe_12_06.jpg

(I can't find the files on my computer right now...if you knew how many pictures I have...)

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: An introduction to Aloe Flowers, part 4 of 5: Aloes S-Z Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Wow! KyWoods 3 Jan 5, 2008 6:39 PM
Geoff - we need to move! Dea 0 Jan 5, 2008 8:41 PM
Aloe Walmsley? OutdoorCactusBob 1 Oct 19, 2008 2:49 AM
aloes with yellow-orange leaves gaberoo 1 Jun 14, 2009 2:39 AM
Is this a young aloe vaombe? juper 2 Apr 13, 2010 8:12 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2015 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America