Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Garden Design: Upcoming Garden Show Season

Communities > Forums > Garden Design
bookmark
Forum: Garden DesignReplies: 225, Views: 3,913
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
deviant_deziner
Novato, CA

January 9, 2008
7:48 PM

Post #4380407

Though most of us are under several feet of snow or several inches of cold rainy weather , some of us are planning the upcoming gardening season.
I have plans to revise and augment the color scheme of my front entry garden and add more big bold foliage plants into the back yard.
I'm also planning to participate in a garden show this spring.
I know, call me crazy or just plain foolish. But I had major surgery last year and thought my working days were over and doing this garden show is sort of an affirmation that I am back in the saddle again.

The theme of my display/show garden is somewhat of a personal story. During the recovery phase after my surgery I spent a fair amount of time in my garden ( attached to an oxygen machine ), thankful that I had created a sanctuary type ambiance.
I truly feel that there were healing powers in the garden, as much as that may seem like a cliche'.

So I have designed a simple sanctuary style healing garden that is somewhat ethno-modern in style .
It includes a comfortable place to take a nap ( I did a lot of that while recovering ) a place for yoga, an outdoor hot water soaking tub , a shower and is fairly low in maintenance but yet has enough color and textural foliage to make you feel as though you are truly in a garden.

Below are a couple of sketches and some elements of the garden that I have been working on.
The show is coming up rather quickly so a lot of fabrication will be taking place in my studio ( aka the garage ) over the next 2 months so I'll be pretty busy . Also my DG membership due and I'm not sure I will renew it or not.
So, if anyone is in the San Francisco area in March, come on down to the Garden Show and say hello !
And any feed back on the display garden thus far would be greatly appreciated.

Best,
Michelle

Thumbnail by deviant_deziner
Click the image for an enlarged view.

This thread has 225 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. Take a tour of our site and learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!

Other Garden Design Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Landscaping software? Joan 24 Feb 17, 2008 5:07 PM
Rubber Border Mulch from Gardener's Supply Company drop 41 May 4, 2010 8:37 AM
Garden Paths RWhiz 136 Jan 20, 2009 9:50 PM
Need suggestions for covering big white fence crystalnurse 76 Jun 23, 2008 12:50 PM
OK, here's my Spring project!! Wifeygirl 109 Apr 19, 2010 1:56 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America