Show us your Container's.

london England, United Kingdom

What containers's do you have for your flower arrangements?
Please add your collection to this thread.
Quite often I find that seeing other peoples container's will inspire me to find the same shape, to try an arrangement.

Ceramic container

Thumbnail by terriculture
Brooklyn, NY(Zone 7a)

These are some of my containers I found around the house. Maybe one of our themes could be recycled containers.

Thumbnail by diggerette

Hi Adele, I like your vases, the test tubes are really useful to use in arrangements!
I often find containers at car boots sales and second hand shops, and recycle them!
This photo was taken at Hampton court flower show, some of the vases were beautiful.

Some interesting ceramic pots and vases from Hampton Court.

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Terri; those are very interesting potteries!
Kim

a few more!

Oh Hi Kim! got any container's?!!

a group of my steel buckets

Terlton, OK

Hi Terri...Thanks for the directions to the site....Here is a basket.....I made out of gourds and pine needles...Some one else will have to fill it with beautiful flowers....Sandy

Thumbnail by curlers

Hi Sandy, Welcome to cut flowers.
So glad you found us here! >...... this is Sandy and she makes fantasic baskets!
This one is a beautiful design Sandy, do you sketch your ideas first or does the design develop while you are making it?
Thanks for bringing it in, I'm looking forward to seeing any more you might have!

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Wow! Sandy, I love that basket made of gourd and pine's needles. Fantastic!
Kim

Brooklyn, NY(Zone 7a)

Hi Sandy, Wow, your pine needle and gourd basket is wonderful. I admired another basket of yours on the arts and craft forum. How did you learn how to make these types of baskets?

Hi Terri, Great vases! I also have steel buckets. They're very good outdoor planters.

Hi Lily-love, Snap

Terlton, OK

I just started making these baskets about 4 months ago....Cant put the needles down..lol..I like the free flow style, I only scetch out the way I want to cut the gourds, the rest is mainly going with the flow...I have learned so much from one project to the next...Here is one I just finished last night....I am hoping to have them in the Gilcrease Museum in Tulsa, Okla. I have an appointment Monday with the co-ordinator...They were impressed with the pictures I sent them...No MONEY...just recognition...Maybe the money will come later....And Thanks to all....It makes my day for someone to compliment my work....Sandy

Thumbnail by curlers
Brooklyn, NY(Zone 7a)

Beautiful! I hope you're able to display them in the musuem.

New Orleans, LA(Zone 8b)

Great thread terri! Curlers, awesome baskets. Even more awesome that you made them yourself. Adele, I love your test tube rack. . .I work in a lab and never thought to use it as a medium for arrangements. Will bring mine in a little later.

Hi Sandy,
I'm sure the museum will want your baskets! Good luck with your appointment, let us konw how it goes.
Do you grow the gourds or buy already dried? Your latest one is a lovely shape, ... would love to put some flowers in it!!

Hi Adele and Karma,
Thanks Karma, I think you may have some lovely pots and planters to show us?!! I wonder where I could buy a test tube rack? I want one!!
This is my stick container which has 4 test tubes inside.

Empty view!

New Orleans, LA(Zone 8b)

Terri, I love those sticks container.

Here's one of mine that have never been used.

Thumbnail by karmaplace
New Orleans, LA(Zone 8b)

Another

Thumbnail by karmaplace
Brooklyn, NY(Zone 7a)

They are gorgeous. Were they made by the same person?

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Hi everyone, I don't have any container that qualify for show-case. I'll sit back and enjoy yours. :-)
Kim

Beautiful vases Karma, so elegant.
love the neck on the second one, unusual.

and why haven't you used them yet? !!!!!!!

Hi Kim, I bet you have some beautiful planters you have forgotten about somewhere!

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

I occassionally enjoy these containers. It seems these are an ever expanding collection. lol.

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Brooklyn, NY(Zone 7a)

Ohh!!! Bonsai!! I've been thinking about getting one. What is the one to the right called? Does it flower?

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

diggerette; the one on the right is Philippine-tea. It faithfully bloomed for me in late Dec. Jan. 2 years in a row. Thus I missed on the berries. Here is a link to my post. I've tried to hand pollinate these flowers, awaiting for result.
Kim
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/801481/

Thanks Kim, do you have a Bonsai collection? I'm getting one!, which do you recommend and are they easy to look after?

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Thanks Terri; Those are examples of some of my earlier collection that I started a couple of years ago. Fortunately they were reasonably prized at local Wallyworld. Those used as trial, and have proven to be quite easy to keep indoor. I do however, give them the outdoor's benefit during the growing season. I bring them in when temp. drops 50 degrees F.
Those are tropical plants, other for instant Azalea are perennials in our zone, thus it's sitting outdoor with some protection (to prevent freezing/thawing of the ceremic pot).

I recently acquired a Ficus, and dracaena; both of which are also indoor bonsais, easy care type of plants while I train some other more hardy plant out in the garden for future training.

It would be lovely to have a collection of Bonsai in our cafe!
I don't really see Bonsai for sale around here, I'm going to look harder.
I can visualise a .. petites pot et fleurs!!!

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Like this one? Currently this one is forming buds. :-)
Kim

Thumbnail by Lily_love

Beautiful! is that Azalia?

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Yes, it's. :-)
Kim

Brooklyn, NY(Zone 7a)

Yes, That's the one I want! Is that an azalea?

Brooklyn, NY(Zone 7a)

SNAP

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

diggerette; it's an Azalea, I got that one from www.proflower.com last year.

Brooklyn, NY(Zone 7a)

Lily-love,Thanks for the link.

New Orleans, LA(Zone 8b)

Terri, I'm waiting to stuff them with viburnum and hydrangeas from my new shrubs this spring. Your trumpet shape glass vase is very unusual too.

Adele, the vases are both made from the same person. . .China. LOL I have no idea who made it, one's from three hands corp. and don't know on the other. Found both of them at TJ Max.

Kim, your bonsai are beautiful. I'm good at killing two things. . .orchids and bonsai. Do you know where one can buy those bonsai containers? They would make beautiful ikebana arrangements.

Terlton, OK

Well my appointment at the Museum was "AWESOME" They accepted 6 of my pieces...they will be on the net in 2 or 3 weeks at www.museumshop@gilcrease.org.
I am so excited to have my baskets somewhere so special...
I love all the vases and the flowers....My husband is the green thumb at my house...grows everything, some things we dont even know what is ....

New Orleans, LA(Zone 8b)

Congrats Curlers. . . that is a huge accomplishment! You must be so proud!

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Indeed, huge accomplishement it's! Congratulation curlers. I can't stop admiring those baskets and the details that you've put into to the art work. Fantastic!

Lana, some nurseries will carry those vase. I've found a few from various nurseries. I was also fortunate. A lady whose love of bonsai her whole life. Decided to give me some great vases that I'm trying to fill her wishes. She wanted someone that really can make some beautiful bonsais out of them. Whew, I've big shoes to fill, but time will tell.
Kim

Sandy, that's GREAT news!!! well done, they obviously didn't want to let your talent slip by!
You must be so excited! lets see all of them!!
Has Paul got any beautiful blooms to bring to our cafe? Please!!
and if it looks weird and you don't know what it is, to me, that is interesting!

Hi K and K. !

Brooklyn, NY(Zone 7a)

Curlers, Hurray!! That's great!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.