Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

trying to find an ID

Coffs Harbour, Australia

I've noticed no one really jumps out to help with the difficult ones, but if anyone has any Ideas, even just species, that would be a start. It stands about 60cm currently and has sharp spines up the leaf margins. It is in medium light and is colouring up after 18 months in the ground. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated

Thumbnail by weed_woman
Lutz, FL(Zone 9b)

The coloring reminds me of aechmea blanchetiana. Have you ever tried giving it more light? The color should deepen even more. In 18 months have you seen it bloom? One resource I like to use is www.fcbs.org Their photo index has pictures sorted by genus and includes many species and hybrids.

Melanie

Coffs Harbour, Australia

Thanks Melanie, I have an Aechmea blanchettiana and it's an entirely different green (lime)
This one has not flowered since I've had it so it must be one of the slower ones. It came witha load that was being tossed out (you can just see them behind) which i also would like an ID on (tried once before) I will try your link how ever and see if I can find something similar to it. Thanks for your suggestions. and so quick too.
Sue

Lutz, FL(Zone 9b)

You're welcome! Be careful looking through that site - I always find more that I want! I hope your plant blooms soon so we can see what it looks like.

Melanie

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.