Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Brugmansias: slugs

Communities > Forums > Brugmansias
bookmark
Forum: BrugmansiasReplies: 3, Views: 90
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
irish
Saint Petersburg, FL
(Zone 9b)

August 19, 2001
4:55 PM

Post #11147

will slugs eat my brugs leaves and what is the best way to get rid of them?? somthing is eating them and havn't found anything except slugs
brugcrazy
Vancouver Island, BC
(Zone 8b)

August 19, 2001
7:15 PM

Post #112755

Slugs will definitely eat brugs and devour daturas. Here on the pacific north west coast we have banana slugs that are 6" long and ugly. Put beer in a dish by the plants. Seriously, they drink the beer and drown or die but it works.
irish
Saint Petersburg, FL
(Zone 9b)

August 19, 2001
7:54 PM

Post #112771

I have heard of that never had a problem with that. thank god I have a beer tap will pour a picture for me and share some with my new slug buddie. not the guys at work but the ones in my garden much thanks
RA
Burlington, ON

August 19, 2001
9:05 PM

Post #112792

A ring of copper around your plants works too.
An electrical current passes between the slug's body secreetions and the copper ans they choose not to cross it.
I use the copper piping that is used to pipe water to a fridge if it has an automatic wayer/ Icecube maker. I use the 3/8 diameter tubing, it is 20' long and costs $11.00 at home depot.
It is very flexible, easy to cut and recycleble.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Brugmansias Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
it you take cuttings from a blooming plant.. arlene 52 Dec 21, 2010 12:39 PM
Great Brugmansia hybrids fast Brugmansia 24 Jul 8, 2013 12:49 AM
How Many Other Canadian Brug Lovers Are Here? Ladybug 30 Aug 7, 2010 8:24 PM
Labeled Parts - 2nd try poppysue 15 Jan 8, 2010 2:19 PM
parentage monika 80 Nov 14, 2011 6:36 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America