Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Article: Conserving Water in the garden with Rain Barrels: rain barrels

Communities > Forums > Article: Conserving Water in the garden with Rain Barrels
bookmark
Forum: Article: Conserving Water in the garden with Rain BarrelsReplies: 2, Views: 49
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

taynors

taynors
Urbana, OH
(Zone 5b)

January 16, 2008
2:49 AM

Post #4407871

hi
I was just wondering on the cost of the rain barrels ? you made . I will have a greenhouse but no water hook up. I m thinking rain barrels but looking in the Internet i only found that they are very costly.
Could you give me an estimate on what you spent.
It is a great article and i learned alot . I m looking forward to making my own.
thanks
sue
girlgroupgirl

January 22, 2008
6:10 PM

Post #4438831

Hi Sue:

I pay $18 for the barrel, and the hardware is about $10, the tubing is about $10 but the tools are most expensive. You are fine if you have the tools and all the right bits you need for your drill or saw blades. If you need to buy more bits or more add another $10. Screens are about $2.00.

My own barrels cost me $38 each. It took me about 3-4 hours of time to assemble each one. That is mainly where the cost of finished barrels comes into play - the workmanship.

Glynis

taynors

taynors
Urbana, OH
(Zone 5b)

January 22, 2008
8:12 PM

Post #4439233

Hey thanks Glynis
good to know
yes i do have the tools.
great looking forward to this project in the spring and save money !!
thanks again
sue

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Conserving Water in the garden with Rain Barrels Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
GREAT information dryad57 6 Jan 15, 2008 9:09 PM
very practical vhbt 0 Jan 14, 2008 1:26 PM
Another trick for mosquito control ilexwhite 1 Aug 17, 2010 1:50 PM
Good article! tommyr2006 0 Jan 14, 2008 7:06 PM
rain barrels Buzzdog 3 Jan 15, 2008 10:32 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America