Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Brugmansias: Containerizing Brugs

Communities > Forums > Brugmansias
bookmark
Forum: BrugmansiasReplies: 3, Views: 104
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
aznboyee775
San Diego, CA

August 19, 2001
11:51 PM

Post #11168

Hi there, I had a couple of brugs in pots but I ended putting them in the ground...all except one. My question is, how could you keep a brug happy in a pot? All of my brugs that were in the pots had roots poking out of the holes at the bottom of the pot, did that mean that it was time to repot? Thanks!
arlene
Newberry, FL
(Zone 8B)

August 20, 2001
3:14 AM

Post #112885

i had roots coming out of a 20 gallon pot, put in the ground cause i couldn't give it enough water, pot full of roots. larger pots. i have read of people taking out of the pot, cutting back a large portion of roots and repotting during winter/spring.
Glory
Biloxi, MS
(Zone 8b)

August 21, 2001
9:13 PM

Post #113751

Arlene,
I had to do just that( repot a very large Brug)because one of my Brugs was so root bound. I had that pot in the greenhouse and I have gravel on the floor..needless to say the roots were growing under the gravel and ran forever.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Brugmansias Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
it you take cuttings from a blooming plant.. arlene 52 Dec 21, 2010 12:39 PM
Great Brugmansia hybrids fast Brugmansia 24 Jul 8, 2013 12:49 AM
How Many Other Canadian Brug Lovers Are Here? Ladybug 30 Aug 7, 2010 8:24 PM
Labeled Parts - 2nd try poppysue 15 Jan 8, 2010 2:19 PM
parentage monika 80 Nov 14, 2011 6:36 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America