Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Article: Bamboozling Bambi: Great!

Communities > Forums > Article: Bamboozling Bambi
bookmark
Forum: Article: Bamboozling BambiReplies: 1, Views: 15
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Jax4ever
Boxford, MA
(Zone 6a)

January 18, 2008
2:28 AM

Post #4417995

I am trying my hand at Hosta hybridizing. I also have a host of cute little Bambis that I share my property with. I accept that I will lose foliage from some plants; luckily, it doesn't kill hostas, just make them bigger next year! On those plants I simply can't lose, I use wire fencing as a "cap". Inexpensive galvanized yard fencing can easily be cut and bent into an unobtrusive cover for valuable specimens, and they can be pinned to the ground with landscape staples. On the rest, I rotate commercial sprays.
Maybe the best position to take is that deer are lovely, and the sight of them is worth losing some blossoms. (And take pictures of your nicest plants before they get eaten!!!)
Thank you for pointing out that there is no one single solution!

victorgardener

victorgardener
Lower Hudson Valley, NY
(Zone 6b)

January 18, 2008
2:30 AM

Post #4418012

You're welcome - thank you!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Bamboozling Bambi Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Educational humor! Sharran 18 Jan 18, 2008 5:58 AM
No white picket fence for me! Dea 1 Jan 17, 2008 9:09 PM
Great article! lalushc 1 Jan 21, 2008 3:48 PM
the "deranged dash" banzaibetty 7 Mar 2, 2009 10:30 PM
Deer Resistant Plants DeborahLink 4 Dec 21, 2012 7:30 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America