Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: One Small & Happy Habitat II - Ruby-crowned Kinglet: Get Interested in Bird Watching...

Communities > Forums > Article: One Small & Happy Habitat II - Ruby-crowned Kinglet
bookmark
Forum: Article: One Small & Happy Habitat II - Ruby-crowned KingletReplies: 4, Views: 37
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

Sheila_FW

Sheila_FW
Fort Worth, TX
(Zone 8a)

January 19, 2008
1:30 PM

Post #4423972

Deb you have done it again! This is a fantastic article with great information and photos!
I hope that anyone (like me) that is wating for spring to roll around will start paying attention to the feathered beauties that have taken center stage in our barren gardens and trees. Put out a handfull of seed on top of the snow, place some peanuts on a deck railing. The simplest steps of hanging a suet feeder will bring such joy and photo opportunities. Here is one from a simple 2 x 4" with holes drilled for the peanut butter suet, this Downy Woodpecker loves it. Want a reciepe for suet? You will find it by joining us on the bird watching forum. Get great information and learn what others have going on in their area during winter months.

Again a super article Deb, very enjoyable!!
Sheila_FW

Thumbnail by Sheila_FW
Click the image for an enlarged view.

debnes_dfw_tx
Fort Worth, TX
(Zone 8a)

January 19, 2008
1:41 PM

Post #4423996

Thank you Sheila!
I linked to the pics you and H took of the RCKL..:-) According to the map everyone can see them at different times during the year. I hope folks will really look for them.

debnes

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

January 19, 2008
9:49 PM

Post #4426026

Add me to your list of fan. Well written article Deb. And as always informative, inspirational, and I like your quote on your profile.
Kim

frostweed

frostweed
Josephine, Arlington, TX
(Zone 8a)

January 19, 2008
9:50 PM

Post #4426029

Great article Deb!, your love of nature and creatures shows all over the place.
Josephine.
debnes_dfw_tx
Fort Worth, TX
(Zone 8a)

January 20, 2008
1:00 AM

Post #4426830

Thanks Kim and Josephine!

Very sweet words! This conservation business is very rewarding in of itself. Being able to share the appreciation with wonderful folks like you... Priceless!
Be on the look-out for these little guys until the end of March. I hope you keep your cameras handy!

debnes

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: One Small & Happy Habitat II - Ruby-crowned Kinglet Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Wonderful Article! pelletory 14 Jan 20, 2008 12:53 AM
Thank You! DMurray407 1 Jan 20, 2008 6:15 PM
Aren't They Adorable? TexasTam 1 Jan 20, 2008 12:27 AM
Western sparrow Liquidambar2 5 Mar 9, 2010 7:07 AM
Great article about a wonderful bird! AmandaEsq 3 Feb 7, 2012 6:48 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America