-
AuthorContent
doccat5
Fredericksburg, VA
(Zone 7b)

January 19, 2008
2:10 PM

Post #4424089

Loved your article. DH and I are both NE borned and raised. I have cousin who kept a dairy herd and I use to spend several weeks each summer there with the other cousins. You really brought back some fond memories. He also bred and raised Brahmas for show and that's another story all together.
mojoman73
Lexington, SC
(Zone 7b)

July 20, 2009
2:52 PM

Post #6841518

Thanks for a look into your life--I had no idea about dairy farming. One of my favorite memories in earlier life (actually in college) was going to a farmer's house that had only 1 cow and learning how to milk by hand! After only 5 minutes, my hands were hurting bad! Cannot imagine how they did it with an entire heard before milking machines! Tougher times and tougher folks! Thanks again for your article.
Kathleen
Panama, NY
(Zone 5a)

July 20, 2009
8:24 PM

Post #6842938

and much smaller herds! I'm glad you enjoyed the article.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: A Dairy Farmer's Journal: Cows Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Excellent and fun article sallyg 12 Jan 21, 2008 10:07 PM
so true! blue_eyes 0 Jan 19, 2008 3:10 PM
Memories! DianeEG 2 Jan 26, 2008 2:47 AM
Great Article KathyJo 2 Jan 23, 2008 7:20 PM
Fun & Interesting Story! Petalpants 1 Jul 14, 2009 5:43 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America