Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Article: Celery - history, uses, benefits and growing tips: Hooray for celeriac!

Communities > Forums > Article: Celery - history, uses, benefits and growing tips
bookmark
Forum: Article: Celery - history, uses, benefits and growing tipsReplies: 2, Views: 34
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
LarryR
South Amana, IA
(Zone 5a)

January 20, 2008
6:13 PM

Post #4429133

Thanks, Dutchlady, for the great article on celeriac. While practically unknown in the US at large (as you indicated), it is a treasured vegetable here in the Amana Colonies (east central Iowa) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amana_Colonies. My wife and I are organic gardeners and have established a seed bank of vegetables brought from Germany to Amana in the 1850s. Celeriac is one of the vegetables in our seed bank (http://davesgarden.com/tools/blog/index.php?tabid=7611). Best--Larry
KyWoods
Melbourne, KY
(Zone 6a)

January 22, 2008
3:00 AM

Post #4436024

I've seen them in the better grocery stores sometimes, but I had no idea that's what they were. LOL, never made the connection between celery stalks and celeriac--thanks for the enlightenment!
Dutchlady1
Naples, FL
(Zone 10a)

January 22, 2008
11:00 AM

Post #4437397

Larry - very interesting!! What specifically do you in your area use it for?

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Celery - history, uses, benefits and growing tips Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Another excellent article vossner 11 Nov 27, 2010 7:36 AM
a very good article who love good food hanumanth 1 Jan 23, 2008 10:47 AM
Good article on celery and celeriac CLScott 0 Nov 22, 2010 9:24 AM
celeriac goldie77 0 Nov 22, 2010 12:54 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America