Photo by Melody
PlantFiles is getting a new look! Just in time for spring, we're rolling out a new look for the best online plants database. It will also work with your smart phones and mobile devices, so now you can take it with you on garden center visits or botanical garden tours. Questions or comments? Please post them here.

Article: Tropical Hibiscus - Fragile, Fleeting, and Fabulous: Great article

Communities > Forums > Article: Tropical Hibiscus - Fragile, Fleeting, and Fabulous
bookmark
Forum: Article: Tropical Hibiscus - Fragile, Fleeting, and FabulousReplies: 4, Views: 40
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
doccat5
Fredericksburg, VA
(Zone 7b)

January 21, 2008
6:56 AM

Post #4431855

Thank you, I'd been "eyeing" the neighbor's bright red one all summer. I would love some of my own. Your directions are clear and concise and I think I can even scrounge a filtered light situation. Thanks again, great article, lots of great information! :)
Dea
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6a)

January 21, 2008
12:55 PM

Post #4432086

Fabulous flowers and great directions to boot! Thanks; they are beautiful !!

victorgardener

victorgardener
Lower Hudson Valley, NY
(Zone 6b)

January 21, 2008
8:24 PM

Post #4433979

I have only grown hardy ones but it's certainly worth the 'hassle' of bringing in a pot to add some of these lovelies. I like the idea of starting a new day with a new bloom! Thanks Shari.
Islandshari
Kwajalein
Marshall Islands
(Zone 11)

January 21, 2008
9:04 PM

Post #4434185

Thank you for the kind words...I love these flowers, and would love to see more of them!

Yokwe,
Shari
Indy
Alexandria, IN
(Zone 6a)

January 22, 2008
12:41 AM

Post #4435251

I found that my tropical did only so so in a pot...lost most leaves every year. I finally set it in the ground and it really put on a show that summer.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Tropical Hibiscus - Fragile, Fleeting, and Fabulous Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
WOW MitchF 2 Jan 21, 2008 9:07 PM
Enjoyed the article Braveheartsmom 3 Jan 21, 2008 9:09 PM
Great job, Shari LarryR 2 Jan 22, 2008 4:08 AM
Bonnie's Bargain Basement BonniesBasement 2 Jan 25, 2010 5:37 PM
great article, Shari! DonnieBrook 6 Jan 26, 2008 8:12 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2015 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America