Photo by Melody

Article: Tropical Hibiscus - Fragile, Fleeting, and Fabulous: great article, Shari!

Communities > Forums > Article: Tropical Hibiscus - Fragile, Fleeting, and Fabulous
bookmark
Forum: Article: Tropical Hibiscus - Fragile, Fleeting, and FabulousReplies: 6, Views: 30
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

DonnieBrook

DonnieBrook
Southwest , NH
(Zone 5b)

January 23, 2008
7:43 PM

Post #4443623

Shari, I am having fun trying my hand at hibiscus cuttings, and I found your article to be very helpful. The photos are pretty as well. Can you tell me what cultivar the last photo (light pink) is? It is lovely! Thanks again for a very useful article!
Islandshari
Kwajalein
Marshall Islands
(Zone 11)

January 23, 2008
10:52 PM

Post #4444356

Hi DonnieBrook! The one you asked about is a miniature known as Fantasia...or sometimes Dainty Pink. I just love the pure color in it...nothing fancy, just beautiful. So glad you like it.

DonnieBrook

DonnieBrook
Southwest , NH
(Zone 5b)

January 23, 2008
11:55 PM

Post #4444593

Thanks, Shari. I too love the simplicity and beauty of it. As my DH and I were taking our evening walk tonight, I was telling him all about your article. He, too, found it interesting. I will try your method of putting several cuttings together in one pot. I have been putting them in separate pots. I thank you again for your good work - and for letting me know about your Fantasia.
Islandshari
Kwajalein
Marshall Islands
(Zone 11)

January 24, 2008
1:02 AM

Post #4444892

So happy that you enjoyed it. I have tried potting cuttings separately as well, and they never do as well as when several are together. Just so you know that I have tried it both ways. Good luck to you!

Yokwe,
Shari

DonnieBrook

DonnieBrook
Southwest , NH
(Zone 5b)

January 25, 2008
9:47 PM

Post #4453632

Will it hurt my individual cuttings if I pull them out of their pots and stick 'em all together into one happy pot??? LOL

And please translate "Yokwe"...fascinated by such things!
Islandshari
Kwajalein
Marshall Islands
(Zone 11)

January 26, 2008
1:44 AM

Post #4454526

If they are doing well, leave them be...if they are looking a bit stressed by all means join them together.

Yokwe is the Marshallese equivalent of Aloha. Traditionally the meaning is "your beauty is as the rainbow", meaning from all sides, inside and out. The more modern meaning is "love to everyone". It is used as hello, goodbye, I love you, good to see you, happy day...just like "Aloha". I love the traditional meaning, and feel that seeing the beauty in all things is a wonderful sentiment to strive for...so I use it a lot. Oh, and the pronounciation is : Yoke - way sometimes "yuck-way"

Yokwe,
Shari

DonnieBrook

DonnieBrook
Southwest , NH
(Zone 5b)

January 26, 2008
8:12 PM

Post #4457438

Yokwe to you too, Shari! Thanks for sharing that with me. And thanks for the advice on my cuttings! Hope you are having a lovely day today on your heavenly island! Louise

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Tropical Hibiscus - Fragile, Fleeting, and Fabulous Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
WOW MitchF 2 Jan 21, 2008 9:07 PM
Great article doccat5 4 Jan 22, 2008 12:41 AM
Enjoyed the article Braveheartsmom 3 Jan 21, 2008 9:09 PM
Great job, Shari LarryR 2 Jan 22, 2008 4:08 AM
Bonnie's Bargain Basement BonniesBasement 2 Jan 25, 2010 5:37 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America