Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Canadian Gardening: Has anyone heard from Lilypon?

Communities > Forums > Canadian Gardening
bookmark
Forum: Canadian GardeningReplies: 50, Views: 832
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Big_Red
Bethelridge, KY
(Zone 6a)

January 25, 2008
9:15 PM

Post #4453529

I haven't seen her post for quite some time. I've sent her Dmails but no reply. Hopefully she's o.k. Anyone?

Thanks.

Red
echoes
South of Winnipeg, MB
(Zone 3a)

January 25, 2008
9:40 PM

Post #4453613

I have been in contact with her, but I had to hunt her down. Told her "don't you make me come looking for you!" Everything is fine.

Lilypon

Lilypon
Moose Jaw, SK
(Zone 3b)

March 20, 2008
7:22 PM

Post #4687407

I'm sorry to say Big Red passed away not too long ago.

For those looking for me I decided to post that my parents health (esp my mother's) has deteriorated dramatically this past year. I can't say when I'll be back online but did want to thank Erynne for the seeds she sent (I'm sorry this is so late) and to others for the emails I have unfortunately not replied too.

Pam

This message was edited Mar 20, 2008 1:38 PM
annabell52
Edmonton, AB
(Zone 3a)

March 21, 2008
3:23 AM

Post #4689297

Pam
It is so tough when those whom you love get into the tough health issues, my thoughts are with you.
I hope you get some time in your garden to renew your strength and that your Mom's troubles lift with time.
Ann
ginnylynn
Blyth, ON
(Zone 5b)

March 21, 2008
2:14 PM

Post #4690470

Plaease take very good care of yourself Pam, and know that our thoughts, prayers, and love are with you every day.

--Ginny
MG99
Victoria, BC
(Zone 8b)

March 22, 2008
5:24 PM

Post #4695317

Pam, I sincerely hope that your mother's heath problems are with out pain and that you looking after her are not so stressed that you too become ill.

We were out to Butterfly gardens yesterday and saw your lovely vine you got there, and Kurtis is still working and doing well. About to become a daddy early May.

(Hugs )

Linda

Thumbnail by MG99
Click the image for an enlarged view.

Lilypon

Lilypon
Moose Jaw, SK
(Zone 3b)

April 16, 2008
6:59 PM

Post #4817908

Thank you so much for your kind wishes and thoughts everyone.

This message was edited Apr 17, 2008 1:18 AM
echoes
South of Winnipeg, MB
(Zone 3a)

September 29, 2008
4:30 PM

Post #5613371

Early this morning Pam's mother passed away. My sympathy to you and your family Pam. Sending (((hugs)))

Brenda
sanannie
White Lake, ON
(Zone 4b)

September 29, 2008
5:19 PM

Post #5613576

{{{{Pam}}}}
My sincere condolences on the loss of your mother.

Sandy
MG99
Victoria, BC
(Zone 8b)

September 29, 2008
6:15 PM

Post #5613775

Pam, my deepest condolences to you on the loss of your mother.
Friend you are in my heart and held in comfort. Hold your memories close.

Linda

Thumbnail by MG99

dahlianut
Calgary, AB
(Zone 3a)

September 29, 2008
7:15 PM

Post #5613964

My thoughts and prayers are with you and yours Pam.
ggd
North Saanich
Canada

September 30, 2008
12:34 AM

Post #5615154

Sincere condolences Pam. Our thoughts are with you.

Glenda

DonM47
Grand Forks, BC
(Zone 5b)

September 30, 2008
4:44 PM

Post #5617647

May the peace which comes from the memories of love shared, comfort you now and in the days ahead.
Heatherbelle
Victoria,, BC
(Zone 8b)

September 30, 2008
5:03 PM

Post #5617708

My condolences on the loss of your mum, Pam

Heather
burn_2007
Grand-Falls, NB
(Zone 4a)

September 30, 2008
7:31 PM

Post #5618185

Sorry to hear about your Mom Pam, heart felt sympathy goes out to you and yours. Hugs
annabell52
Edmonton, AB
(Zone 3a)

October 3, 2008
2:55 AM

Post #5627552

Oh Pam...Mom's are so special I'm sorry to hear that you've lost yours.
My prayers are with you and your family.
Ann
cybercrone
Toronto,, ON
(Zone 6a)

October 6, 2008
7:12 PM

Post #5639997

Pam:

Just checked in and heard the news. So sorry to hear of your loss. Please know that my thoughts are with you.
~marilyn
Joan6aON
Mississauga, ON
(Zone 6a)

October 9, 2008
7:14 PM

Post #5651872

Sorry Pam to hear of your Mom's passing. I felt kind of like an orphan when my Mom passed and offer you and your family my condolences.

Joan

Lilypon

Lilypon
Moose Jaw, SK
(Zone 3b)

October 26, 2008
1:49 AM

Post #5716781

Thank you everyone for your concern and condolences. Mom put up an incredible fight but her passing was truly a blessing...there comes a point where one thinks how much more can a human take? Death, in her case, erased the pain and the ravages of poor health.

Growing up I was constantly amazed by her incredible dancing talent . When she left her parents' home she moved to Winnipeg where she taught dance at Arthur Murray's Dance Academy, and she was very proud to be Gordon Pinsent's http://www.northernstars.ca/actorspqr/pinsentbio.html dance partner on occasion. For many years she was very coordinated and flexible but the effects of the physical demands of dancing, especially in her youth, on her joints (and it was probably worsened since she had double joints) gave her arthritis that eventually robbed her of the ability to walk, lift her arms, or even move her fingers. Prior to that a surgery on her knees (re arthritis) caused a stroke that resulted in memory robbing dementia. Eventually she even lost the ability to swallow and talk. May she rest in peace.

This is one of the few pictures we have of Mom (most were lost in their house fire). I prefer to remember her looking like this.

Thumbnail by Lilypon

sanannie
White Lake, ON
(Zone 4b)

October 26, 2008
2:06 AM

Post #5716836

Celebrating her achievements and beauty is the very best tribute to your Mom, Pam. She was obviously very talented and very beautiful!

(... and who knew that Gordon Pinsent danced? Wow.)

Sandy

ggd
North Saanich
Canada

October 26, 2008
2:50 AM

Post #5716958

Lovely photo Pam! Hope all is going well with you. Thanks for posting and letting us know.

Lilypon

Lilypon
Moose Jaw, SK
(Zone 3b)

October 26, 2008
4:20 AM

Post #5717220

Thanks Sandy...I must admit my posting above had me pause prior to hitting send (I'm sure I'll be editing it soon.) and having a healthy picture of Mom to post was important to me. I had one person get quite angry at me for saying death would be a kindness to Mom when she asked how Mom was doing and I don't think I'm quite over that.

Thanks Glenda. All is going much smoother now...Dad looked very ill at the funeral which had people telling me I'd better keep a very close eye on him. It turns out he had taken some Pepto Bismo prior to Mom's memorial service (which reacted with the warfarin (Coumadin) that he's taking). He had us very worried for a number of days but plenty of yogurt and water cleared his system. Again probably more than people want to know but if your on warfarin avoiding Pepto Bismo could save you from a bad case of internal bleeding (thankfully Dad decided to check the instructions as soon as he got home from the service).
burn_2007
Grand-Falls, NB
(Zone 4a)

October 26, 2008
8:30 PM

Post #5719036

Pam, I'm glad you mention the reaction pepto with warfarin cause, I'm on warfarin. So many over the counter medication has to be checked, before we take it. Glad your Dad is feeling better. I understand what you meant about how your Mom's death would be a blessing for her. Not that we wish their death, in any way, but the relief from the suffering, they have to endure till death. Now she is resting peacefully. I'm sure you will need some time to readjust to things now and take care of yourself. Hope everything goes well for you, and your family.
Lovely photo of your Mom, she looks like a star.

This message was edited Oct 26, 2008 4:32 PM

Lilypon

Lilypon
Moose Jaw, SK
(Zone 3b)

October 27, 2008
4:09 AM

Post #5720607

Thank you Burn...I truly feel that quality of life is important and she was certainly lacking any hope of that returning. Dementia does allow some lucid moments and that was a very, very difficult time for Mom.

re the warfarin Dad never dreamed that a product they have always had in the medicine cabinet could be so dangerous (but he now is checking any/every medicine for possible interactions).

Thank you everyone for you kind comments re Mom's looks. Grief has different stages and I must admit I find my memories of her in my early childhood the most comforting. My strongest memories is of Mom having the radio turned to CBC and when they played music from the big bands she would dance (their living room didn't have carpets then). To my young eyes she danced as well as those on T.V. (40 years later her talent still amazed me).

Sandy I too never thought of Gordon Pincent being a dancer. ;) Mom however said he was the star of the Academy.
annabell52
Edmonton, AB
(Zone 3a)

October 28, 2008
2:52 AM

Post #5724373

Pam
Peace and Pain free is a good wish for any loved one, don't let anyone tell you different!
I am very sorry to hear that your Mom was in so much pain prior to her passing, that would be so hard for all of her family to see.
I agree that she looks like a movie star!
Thanks for the warning on the pepto, I didn't have a clue about that one.
Take care of yourself.
Ann
Grow_Jo
Calgary, AB
(Zone 3a)

October 28, 2008
2:59 AM

Post #5724405

That's a lovely photo of your mom Pam. I'm sorry for your loss.

Joanne

Lilypon

Lilypon
Moose Jaw, SK
(Zone 3b)

October 29, 2008
3:59 PM

Post #5729863

Thanks Ann and Joanne. :)

While Mom certainly was a beauty I'd say her legacy was an incredible memory and smarts (my brother and son inherited that). We often wondered if she had a photographic memory.

I'm glad some found the info about Pepto and warfarin useful...it sure scared the heck out of me seeing how poorly Dad looked (he looks and sounds much better now).

ViolaAnn

ViolaAnn
Ottawa, ON
(Zone 5a)

October 30, 2008
4:25 PM

Post #5733519

Pam, I'm afraid that I've not gotten much beyond the gnomes adventures of late on this Forum and I'm sorry that I didn't check in sooner.

Having experienced the slow decline of my mother whose mind and all functions ceased a couple of years before her body quit, I know exactly what you mean when you say the final passing was a blessed event and I hope you don't have to argue it with anyone else.

I'm really happy that you have a few pictures of your mother because looking back on happier times through pictures can do a lot to ease the more recent tortured memories. It certainly was therapeutic for me. She obviously was a very talented person and I hope that your memories will triumph over the pain you feel at her loss.

Ann

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

October 30, 2008
4:55 PM

Post #5733606

Sending my condolensces...prayers for you and yours!

kooger

kooger
Oostburg, WI
(Zone 5b)

February 26, 2009
3:40 PM

Post #6192988

Hi Pam, I'm so very sorry to read about the death of your mother. I had not heard besides that she was failing. Mom's hold such a special place in our hearts. I so remember praying for an end to the suffering with my Mom too. It's so very difficult to see someone you love so dearly endure the pain. Hugs and sympathy to you. (((Pam)))
Laura

Lilypon

Lilypon
Moose Jaw, SK
(Zone 3b)

March 1, 2009
1:40 PM

Post #6205710

Thank you everyone...again I've been lax at replying to threads/emails. To bring you up to date while Dad looked pretty gray at Mom's funeral he picked up, albeit at a slower pace, after. However not too long after Mom's funeral Dad was given the news that the cancer doc had done all she could as he refused chemo. In the end though Dad, who stubbornly continued to go out in the winter in a fragile state, fell a week and a half ago and passed away Feb 25.

Thank you for your previous kindness everyone and please keep my brother and myself in your thoughts and prayers though the next couple of weeks.

Pam

ViolaAnn

ViolaAnn
Ottawa, ON
(Zone 5a)

March 1, 2009
1:45 PM

Post #6205726

Pam,

I so sorry to hear that news. It certainly has been a trying year for you. I hope that, in time, your memories will be of comfort to you.

Ann
sanannie
White Lake, ON
(Zone 4b)

March 1, 2009
2:01 PM

Post #6205786

Oh no, another blow for you, Pam. Very sorry to hear about your Dad passing so soon after your Mom. My sincere condolences go out to you and your brother. Take care of yourselves.

Sandy
ginnylynn
Blyth, ON
(Zone 5b)

March 1, 2009
3:24 PM

Post #6206081

Pam, I am so very sorry to hear of your loss. Please know that my thoughts and prayers are indeed with you and your family at this terrible time.

--Ginny
fancyvan
Calgary, AB
(Zone 3a)

March 1, 2009
4:10 PM

Post #6206250

I am sorry to hear of your loss and send condolences to you and your family.

kooger

kooger
Oostburg, WI
(Zone 5b)

March 1, 2009
5:24 PM

Post #6206604

Oh Pam. I am so so sorry to hear of your Dad's passing. My heart goes out to you and your family. ((((Pam))))
Laura
burn_2007
Grand-Falls, NB
(Zone 4a)

March 1, 2009
7:01 PM

Post #6206999

Dear Pam, so sorry you have to go through this again, so soon. Sending my condolences and warm hugs your way, and hoping your sadness at this time, changes to happy memories soon.

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

March 1, 2009
7:23 PM

Post #6207083

Lilypon, I'm so sorry to read about your Mom and Dad. Your Mom was a beautiful woman. I do admire anyone who can dance. I'm glad you were able to spend time with them before they were gone.

Prayers and hugs,

Sally
ggd
North Saanich
Canada

March 2, 2009
5:54 AM

Post #6209620

Pam, so sorry to hear this. Our thoughts are with you. Big HUGS!!
annabell52
Edmonton, AB
(Zone 3a)

March 2, 2009
11:58 PM

Post #6213198

Pam
How sad for you and your family. I was pulling for your Dad and you know why!
I knew something was amiss with not seeing you on a regular basis.
My prayers and thoughts are with you.
Ann

MG99
Victoria, BC
(Zone 8b)

March 3, 2009
1:18 AM

Post #6213668

Pam, this is so sad, to hear that you've lost both your parents so recently. Thoughts of compassion, prayers for support and hugs for comfort to you and your family.
Linda
dahlianut
Calgary, AB
(Zone 3a)

March 4, 2009
5:34 AM

Post #6219173

Thoughts and prayers for you and yours Pam.

Lilypon

Lilypon
Moose Jaw, SK
(Zone 3b)

March 4, 2009
3:35 PM

Post #6220283

Thank you everyone so much...your messages here mean so much to me. It's been/is pretty overwhelming but we are looking at this one day at a time (I'm so thankful that we have good people helping us).

We had the viewing last night and will be discussing the burial arrangements soon (Dad wanted to be cremated). It was a very comforting viewing as friends and members of the local Lion's Club came. Dad was a 54 year member and these fellows were a huge part of his life.

Not sure when the burial will be, it could be soon but we have also though of spring. Dad loved gardening, working with the warm soil and I personally have thought that might be the perfect time (but am open to whatever my brother wants).
DawnLL

(Zone 4a)

March 7, 2009
11:32 AM

Post #6232628

Lilypon I just wanted to say I am sorry for your loss...you certainly have been through a lot.
inanda
Winnipeg, MB
(Zone 2b)

March 8, 2009
1:10 AM

Post #6235617

Hi Pam,

Am so very very sorry for your parents passing away . Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
Ginny
Soferdig
Kalispell, MT
(Zone 4b)

March 9, 2009
1:49 AM

Post #6240197

I love you Pam and am sorry for all of your losses. I lost my day last year and it made the world change. There was nobody to call on the phone who cared and who would make it better. I know how your world has changed. I hope you look to the moments in you life and reflect the positive moments. Your friend Steve.

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

March 11, 2009
11:19 PM

Post #6253379

Pam ... http://www.jacquielawson.com/viewcard.asp?code=1791692335801&source=jl999

~Marilynne~
mitchesgarden
cornwall, ON
(Zone 4b)

March 14, 2009
4:28 AM

Post #6264246

Hi Pam- I am so sorry to hear that you lost your Mom and Dad . Having been through losing 2- my Mom and my baby sister within 2.5 months just 2 years ago , I know that you are feeling devestated and probably numb to the point of not knowing from one moment to the next what to feel or think. Please believe me, it will wear off and the empty feeling will ease also. Always remember the good times, and know that the pain and suffering is done . They are both young and whole together again . My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Sandra

Lilypon

Lilypon
Moose Jaw, SK
(Zone 3b)

September 20, 2009
3:11 AM

Post #7082922

Thank you everyone so much for your words of sympathy!

I really couldn't come back to this thread for a long time. It was a tough winter, I ended up in the hospital swollen up to twice my normal size (freak allergy reaction) and with an extreme defiency of potassium.

Time helps but they will always be sorely missed.
Soferdig
Kalispell, MT
(Zone 4b)

September 20, 2009
3:21 AM

Post #7082950

We love you Pam and are glad some of the tough things are getting a little better. Hey maybe you need to get a hobby like gardening! LOL
This is a collage of my back yard this am. I am sending it to you.

Thumbnail by Soferdig

Lilypon

Lilypon
Moose Jaw, SK
(Zone 3b)

September 20, 2009
4:58 AM

Post #7083187

ah thank you ((((Sofer)))) and I'm LOLOL over "hobby like gardening! LOL"

Truth be told I had a really, really hard time visiting the greenhouses this year (my parents took me with them to the greenhouses every year whilst growing up). The memories hit hard in the beginning but after awhile I came to cherish the love they gave me of this hobby.

I'll prolly post some of my garden pics, in another thread, later on.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Canadian Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Brugmansia 'culebra' available Dennis_taylor 6 Nov 12, 2007 5:22 PM
Rice Lake, ON OhioBreezy 27 Sep 19, 2007 7:46 PM
Hi from Québec / Saskatoon spklatt 53 Sep 8, 2008 11:40 PM
Welcome to ginnylynn from Blyth, Ontario OldFlowerGirl 21 May 20, 2008 3:34 PM
Petunia 2 u 2 DCarrington 44 Apr 14, 2013 11:01 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America