-
AuthorContent
Dutchlady1
Naples, FL
(Zone 10a)

January 26, 2008
11:34 AM

Post #4455740

Nice article and the recipe sounds yummy.
Oh and middle-aged now doesn't start until 50 ;-) so you have some time. 50 is the new 40...
doccat5
Fredericksburg, VA
(Zone 7b)

January 26, 2008
12:42 PM

Post #4455808

Great and informative article and I hate to correct Dutchlady, but actually 60 is the new forty. Y'all are just babies :)
MaryMcP
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9b)

January 26, 2008
1:07 PM

Post #4455849

We love cilantro too, thanks for the great article and yummy recipe. and I agree with doccat5 because ... well... 60 approach-eth.
Dea
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6a)

January 26, 2008
1:41 PM

Post #4455916

Your recipe sounds great - very well done article.

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

January 26, 2008
2:02 PM

Post #4455992

We sell lots of Cilantro, although I can't stand the "Aroma". A couple good tips there.

When 60 comes you get 10 tears of middle age!

Really your only as old as you let yourself think you are. Enjoy life! It only happens once.

Have a Great Day!
Bernie
MaryMcP
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9b)

January 26, 2008
2:17 PM

Post #4456037

Not to hijack this thread but I love to pass along this gem. Got it from a box of Celestial Seasoning tea:

Growing Old

Nobody grows old merely by living a number of years. People grow old only by deserting their ideals. Years may wrinkle the skin, but to give up interests wrinkles the soul. Worry, doubt, self-distrust, fear and despair….these are the long, long years that bow the head and turn the growing spirit back to dust.

Whatever your years, there is in every being’s heart the love of wonder, the undaunted challenge of events, the unfailing childlike appetite for “What Next”, and the joy and the game of life.

You are as young as your faith, as old as your doubt; as young as your self-confidence, as old as your fear; as young as your hope, as old as your despair. In the central place of your heart, there is a recording chamber: so long as it receives messages of beauty, hope, cheer, and courage, so long you are young.

- Douglas MacArthur

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

January 26, 2008
10:51 PM

Post #4457962

Thank you, for sharing the nice article. Also thanks MaryMcP for above quote.
Islandshari
Kwajalein
Marshall Islands
(Zone 11)

January 26, 2008
11:16 PM

Post #4458063

I enjoyed your article very much! I love growing cilantro, and had a beautiful batch going out here, but it got waaay too wet during the rainy season. Any good tips to prevent that from happening again?

Yokwe,
Shari
rasmussen

April 1, 2010
9:45 AM

Post #7672019

Wonderful article. I love cilantro.

Just a few tips to add. I have had great results growing cilantro from coriander seeds purchased at the health food store they cost about a dollar for a cup full of seeds and usually sprout well. This allows me to plant them all over the garden and when the weather gets hotter some of the seeds are always growing in just the right spot. If some of them bolt, no problem a nice lacy white flower that attracts serphid wasps which just love to munch on aphids (not to mention next years seeds). Cilantro seems to sprout better when the seed is cracked or 1/2. I use a big wooden pestle gently for mine. When the seeds are ripening there is a point when they are juicy and green that they are great in salads sauces and salsas a really great flavor.

I love cilantro!!!

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

April 1, 2010
10:28 AM

Post #7672094

Where we had some cilantro last summer, it is growing new this spring. Not from seed, but the old plants. Is this normal ?

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Cilantro: From Seedling to Salsa Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Volunteers Bubba_MoCity 8 May 20, 2008 10:16 PM
Great Article! karri_sue 0 Jan 26, 2008 11:19 PM
Just in time grampapa 1 Jan 27, 2008 5:05 AM
Cilantro in flower beds or containers CLScott 1 Jan 30, 2008 8:34 PM
preserving cilantro jes649 1 Jun 9, 2008 9:20 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America