Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

source for billergia?

Davison, MI(Zone 5a)

Anyone know where I can buy billbergia online? I'm getting a nutans from a friend, but want one with pink in the leaves. Would be happy to trade also. We need a sticky with souce information for this sticky. Any collectors able to help?
Cindy

Springfield, MO(Zone 6a)

http://www.michaelsbromeliads.com/default.asp probably has more billbergias than anyone. Michael Kiehl is a great guy who purchased the home and nursery of the legendary Don Beadle several years ago. Don was known as "Mr. Billbergia" and left behind most of his collection. (...Don is alive and well in a "different" life.)

Dave

Davison, MI(Zone 5a)

Thanks, I found that out since I posted that question. I ordered some. Cindy

Lutz, FL(Zone 9b)

I second that! I've been to Mike's greenhouses and they are awesome. He knows so much about bromeliads, and he even talked to me about acquiring all of those billbergias. I bought a really cool one from him that blooms red; I even asked if that was normal before I bought it. Hate to buy one and realize the "sample" one was a fluke. Mine hasn't bloomed yet, but I'm hoping it will soon!

Melanie

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.