Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: Cats versus House Plants: Great Job Lee Anne!

Communities > Forums > Article: Cats versus House Plants
bookmark
Forum: Article: Cats versus House PlantsReplies: 1, Views: 33
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
plantladylin
South Daytona, FL
(Zone 9b)

January 26, 2008
4:51 PM

Post #4456654

Loved your article Lee Anne ... being owned by 4 cats at the moment I can relate to your cat in the hibiscus story, and cats digging in the bottom of large potted plants! A couple of our kitties like to chew the leaves on certain plants! I tried the spraying with water trick - works for one of the cats but another one thinks it's a game and will sit there staring at you. When you point the spray bottle in her direction she squints her eyes and waits for the squirt of water in the face! She will run away, but immediately come back, sits down and squints her eyes tight - waiting to "play the game" again!

I might have to try the scented wax candle's broken up around the plant! Maybe if they don't like the smell they will not get near enough to chew the leaves.

Cats and plants ... over the years we've had many, many of both and there's nothing cuter than a kitten climbing a tree and hanging at the top looking so innocent as if to say "Now how did I get up here?" Years ago during the Christmas season we had a kitten that would get under the Christmas tree and climb up through the middle of the tree to the very top and perch there! Prettiest ornament you ever did see! And then of course was the kitty who liked to un-decorate the tree for us. I would come home from work and find ornaments and garland trailing throughout every room of the house!

Kitties ... ya gotta love em! :)
dordee
Silex, MO

April 23, 2010
10:35 PM

Post #7731925

WE HAVE TO LOVE THEM OR WE WOULDN'T HAVE THEM. I LAUGHED ALL THE WAY THRU YOUR STORY ABOUT THE CHRISTMAS TREE.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Cats versus House Plants Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
fun article Dutchlady1 6 Feb 5, 2008 5:11 PM
Your friend Slant..aka Rugcat rugcat 1 Jan 27, 2008 1:59 AM
cats and house plants hihosilver63 1 Apr 23, 2010 10:33 PM
Cats and plants baileyweb 1 Apr 23, 2010 10:28 PM
cats and coleus candyinpok 0 Jan 28, 2008 8:07 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America