Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Article: Cats versus House Plants: cats and house plants

Communities > Forums > Article: Cats versus House Plants
bookmark
Forum: Article: Cats versus House PlantsReplies: 1, Views: 43
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
hihosilver63
Sunderland
United Kingdom

January 28, 2008
9:16 AM

Post #4463905

I also have cats, four of them to be exact. I find the main problem is that all my plants now have serrated edges. I did try planting cat grass in a plant pot, but with their very delicate roots, the cats would pull the pieces of grass out of the pot instead of eating or chewing it. Every time I went to the windowsill it was covered with pieces of grass covered in soil. One of my kittens (the very mischievious one) likes to lick the soil. I have just finished potting out 150 germinated monkey puzzle tree seeds, (my beautiful trees had babies for the first time this year) the trouble is the original seed has to stay in the pot for the first couple of years with the new growth (to feed it I presume,) but Sally one of my kittens likes to pull off the original seed, drop it on the floor and play football with it. Of course the other three cats then join in. Sally isn't naughty all the time, only when she is awake, which thankfully is getting shorter and shorter now that she is three years old, roll on old age. It doesn't work putting lots of plant pots on the windowsill so that the cats have nowhere to walk, my cats manage to get up and then dislodge them one by one. I now have to make sure that doors are always closed behind me so that the cats only have access to the kitchen and the lounge, and are safely locked in the kitchen when I go out or go to bed. I love my plants but if I had to make a choice my cats would win every time
dordee
Silex, MO

April 23, 2010
10:33 PM

Post #7731917

TO KITTENS, NOTHING IS SACRED, EVERYTHING IS A TOY.

DO YOU MEAN TO AY THAT I HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL HARLEY AND DEE ARE 3 YEARS OLD? THEY ARE ONLY 6 MONTHS NOW! THEY ARE CALLED HARLEY AND DEE BECAUSE THEY SOUND LIKE A PAIR OF HARLEYS. WHEN THEY PURR, YOU HEAR THEM ALL OVER THE HOUSE. WHEN WE GO TO THE VET, HE CAN'T GET THEM TO STOP LONG ENOUGH TO LISTEN TO THEIR HEARTS.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Cats versus House Plants Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
fun article Dutchlady1 6 Feb 5, 2008 5:11 PM
Great Job Lee Anne! plantladylin 1 Apr 23, 2010 10:35 PM
Your friend Slant..aka Rugcat rugcat 1 Jan 27, 2008 1:59 AM
Cats and plants baileyweb 1 Apr 23, 2010 10:28 PM
cats and coleus candyinpok 0 Jan 28, 2008 8:07 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America