Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: The Story of Iris Part 2 How to pick your iris: Iris Lover's heart rate quickens

Communities > Forums > Article: The Story of Iris Part 2 How to pick your iris
bookmark
Forum: Article: The Story of Iris Part 2 How to pick your irisReplies: 1, Views: 20
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
sycamoreshirl
Cornville, AZ

January 28, 2008
1:29 PM

Post #4464129

Thank you, Mitch for sharing that exquisite bloom. I planted a three tiered water garden with patches of Iris in strategic places from stock shared by a wonderful friend. When they bloomed, without any pre-planned effort on my part, they were all color co-ordinated in tones of fuscia, blue, pink, cream,deep purple, and lavendar which made a splendid display with the old fashioned Lilacs in the shade of an Arizona black walnut tree. Now everything I plant is with this color scheme in mind and I look for Iris that will be highlighted by the rest. Thank you for this introduction!

Thumbnail by sycamoreshirl
Click the image for an enlarged view.

MitchF
Lindsay, OK
(Zone 7a)

January 28, 2008
2:59 PM

Post #4464438

Thank you so much - glad the articles are helpping!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: The Story of Iris Part 2 How to pick your iris Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Wonderful article doccat5 12 Feb 9, 2008 3:06 PM
Iris pictured january 23, 2008 article texassunbird 1 Jun 10, 2009 2:44 PM
Pajaritomt greenjay 2 Feb 20, 2010 5:24 AM
Dutch iris and squirrels? Noelle216 2 May 18, 2010 2:02 PM
THAT'S THE ONE!!!!!!! speediebean 0 Dec 19, 2013 4:06 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America