Photo by Melody

Article: Seed Starting 101: Seedling Heat Mats and Inexpensive Alternatives: Cycad Palm

Communities > Forums > Article: Seed Starting 101: Seedling Heat Mats and Inexpensive Alternatives
bookmark
Forum: Article: Seed Starting 101: Seedling Heat Mats and Inexpensive AlternativesReplies: 3, Views: 55
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Franki_2008
Drayton Valley
Canada

January 28, 2008
4:10 PM

Post #4464734

I was blessed with one of these wonderful plants (Cycad Palm) at Christmas, but unfortunately, I've run into a major problem. It was bright green but now it is a sandy brown. I was told to water it once a week through the core of the bulb but it has just up an "croaked on me". Is there any hope to revive this wonderful plant?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

This message was edited Jan 28, 2008 9:11 AM
critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

January 28, 2008
6:34 PM

Post #4465449

Franki, I'm sorry, but I don't know anything at all about Cycads. "Sandy brown" doesn't sound good, and I'd check to make sure the soil and roots don't seem waterlogged -- repot immediately if so, or just take it out of the pot and put it on a paper plate while figuring out the next step.

Although the "Palms and Cycads" discussion group is for subscibers only, you might try posting a "Cycad needs emergency help" thread in the Beginners Houseplants forum, http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/f/b_houseplants/all/

Also, Plambob wrote a detailed article about cycads last year. See http://davesgarden.com/guides/articles/view/41/ You might be able to find answers in his article.

Franki_2008
Drayton Valley
Canada

February 2, 2008
9:08 PM

Post #4487250

Hi Critterologist,

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond to my query on Cycad Palms. I found the link you sent to me very informative and very helpful on a few of my other questions. Thanks Again!

Franki
critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

February 3, 2008
6:25 AM

Post #4489097

You're welcome!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Seed Starting 101: Seedling Heat Mats and Inexpensive Alternatives Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Very interesting doccat5 18 Oct 10, 2009 5:50 PM
Multiple heat mats woofie 7 Mar 6, 2009 9:10 PM
Keep reading, you just never know! Tink2U 1 Apr 21, 2008 10:40 PM
heat pads DIRTYGIRL71 2 Oct 24, 2009 12:10 PM
advice marti001 14 Feb 4, 2010 4:58 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America