Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Article: Cilantro: From Seedling to Salsa: Cilantro in flower beds or containers

Communities > Forums > Article: Cilantro: From Seedling to Salsa
bookmark
Forum: Article: Cilantro: From Seedling to SalsaReplies: 1, Views: 37
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
CLScott
Calgary
Canada

January 29, 2008
2:42 PM

Post #4468836

Cilantro is a good flowering plant also. Plant it in beds or containers too.
jojoringer
Joey in Conroe, TX
(Zone 8b)

January 30, 2008
8:34 PM

Post #4474657

I love cilantro! My husband makes a killer salsa at least once a week, we eat it in everything! I would post the recipe but its one of those little of this little of that things LOL. We also use it when we grill salmon and in some salads, I haven't grown it yet, but I am wanting to get some seeds in this year since we use it so much. Thanks for the tips!
One note though, I found that cut stalks of cilantro don't last long in the fridge, I stick them in a little vase of water near the sink and they last much longer, almost like a cut flower, just change the water every day and make sure you don't have any leaves in the water, they rot pretty readily!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Cilantro: From Seedling to Salsa Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
thanks Dutchlady1 9 Apr 1, 2010 10:28 AM
Volunteers Bubba_MoCity 8 May 20, 2008 10:16 PM
Great Article! karri_sue 0 Jan 26, 2008 11:19 PM
Just in time grampapa 1 Jan 27, 2008 5:05 AM
preserving cilantro jes649 1 Jun 9, 2008 9:20 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America