Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: Don't Whine About Dandelions, Make Dandelion Wine!!: Loved the references here!

Communities > Forums > Article: Don't Whine About Dandelions, Make Dandelion Wine!!
bookmark
Forum: Article: Don't Whine About Dandelions, Make Dandelion Wine!!Replies: 5, Views: 36
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Dea
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6a)

January 31, 2008
2:49 PM

Post #4477974

Great article first, but had no idea about Edna Staebler and Food That Really Schmecks ! I just googled it and so thank you once again, for another Article Learning moment :)

carrielamont

carrielamont
Bedford, TX
(Zone 8a)

January 31, 2008
3:08 PM

Post #4478052

Dandelions remind me of primroses (dare I say it?) lovely flowers, but the foliage leaves something to be desired. Now that I know how to eat the foliage leaves, well, that's a different story... Great article! xx, Carrie
doccat5
Fredericksburg, VA
(Zone 7b)

January 31, 2008
3:16 PM

Post #4478084

So glad to see these delicious plants getting such a great positive article. Thanks for sharing :)
debi_k
S of Lake Ontario, NY
(Zone 6a)

January 31, 2008
3:41 PM

Post #4478192

Great article Lee Anne. I've never tried greens, and heard of the wine, but didn't realize you made it from the petals. Do you still work for ice cream?
threegardeners
North Augusta, ON

January 31, 2008
5:01 PM

Post #4478607

Dea...Edna Staebler and her Mennonite Country cooking series are my most used cook books, I love all of the recipes in them. Mom has a few that I keep borrowing and forgetting to return, but she always reminds me. The recipes are from a time that nobody cared about anything in food except the taste.

I am so glad I could bring this poor so called weed to peoples attention.

Yes, debilu, I still work for ice cream :)
MerryMary
Ocoee (W. Orlando), FL
(Zone 9b)

September 29, 2008
11:14 PM

Post #5614769

We use to put the tender new leaves in our salads as a bitter green, and sprinkle with crumbled bleu cheese.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Don't Whine About Dandelions, Make Dandelion Wine!! Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Hooray for dandelions! svplantingfool 2 Jan 31, 2008 8:14 PM
yeast for wine? chickenrancher 1 Jan 31, 2008 7:54 PM
Am I strange? DriftingDude 2 Feb 4, 2008 5:50 PM
dandelion wine donoboy 0 Feb 4, 2008 6:05 PM
Fritters WICKED_ZOEYGIRL 1 Sep 29, 2008 11:12 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America