Depression Part 29

Minneapolis, MN(Zone 4b)

This is a continuation from part 28.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/804816/#new

Minneapolis, MN(Zone 4b)

It worked.

I just read the posts from part 28 and am going to eat a late breakfast. Talk to you later.

This message was edited Feb 1, 2008 9:38 AM

Fredericksburg, VA(Zone 7b)

Wheeeeeeeeeee, I'm first! LOL

Pleasureville, KY(Zone 6a)

Just got back from my Dr appointment, and great news, both biopsies are negative, and the lab reports, showed no more suspicious cells. I have an appointment to go back in July, just for a follow up pap, and if that is clear, all is well.

Whoopee, I needed that news today.

Wonderful news, defoecat! Hugs, that's just great!!

Minneapolis, MN(Zone 4b)

Fantastic news !!!!!!!!!

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

dcat,
Great news!!!!!!!!!! It's good to hear something positive.

Had a nice phone conversation with I01 yesterday. It was so good to hear from her. It was very thoughtful and comforting. I'm so glad she called.

It's getting a bit easier except now I am so lonesome. Because I work from home, Mooshka was my constant companion and I don't have that now so it's pretty lonesome. Never dreamed it would be that way. Guess I just didn't think about it.

I'm already thinking how nice it would be to have another puppy running around but I think Bill would nix that idea real quick like. It's still to soon for him. I'm not thinking of running out tomorrow, but maybe in a few weeks to a couple months. Maybe that's just the loneliness talking.

West Central, WI(Zone 4a)

defoecat....What a relief! I am so very happy that your results were negative. Been there, and know what a weight has been lifted from your mind.

Kelly.......You need to give yourself (and Bill) some time to heal. Who knows, maybe you'll have a couple of 'tree kittens' drop in on you again this Spring. IMHO....Cats are so much easier to have around than dogs, and much cheaper to feed.

Waaaay Down South, GA

Oh Kelly, that's okay to feel like that. :) Mooshka would want you to have another companion ... I'm sure of it. :) You loved her and gave her a wonderful 13 years. She wouldn't want you to be home alone every day. I hope you find that * perfect dog to love whenever you're ready. It can help heal your heart. :)

Bonnie, I'm so relieved and thrilled about your test results. :)
Hugs&blessings to everyone ... ~Susan

Davenport, IA(Zone 5a)

Bonnie, I'm doing imaginary Cartwheels, rejoicing for you!

I know this has weighed so heavily on your mind. Here's a big squishy Hug for you.

Sasha

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Marie,
LOL @ the tree kittens. I think I wouldn't mind a kitten, especially when I see that kitten commercial on TV (btw, I think of you every time I see that commercial, it's the one with the little kitten playing with a rolled up sock and a standing springy toy) but I think they would be too spry for me. They are feisty little stinkers. Although Mooshka was too up until the last week she was here. At 13 she still acted like a puppy most of the time. I think it will be a little while before I will be ready and then there's always I love Husky's will we get another, or will it be like trying to replace Mooshka which we couldn't ever do. They would have different personalities for sure. But I really like the Husky breed. I was glad to hear from you the other night too. Wish the connection would have been better. Probably I will give you a call this weekend.

I01,
When the time is right, God will let us know. That's the only thing I can think of right now.

belleville, NJ(Zone 6a)

yay Bonnie!
i am happy you received good news and i'm sure that it is such a relief to you.
thanks for the encouraging words, Ruby.

i've been up in MA with DH for a theatre festival for the last couple days, and had a crazy day so far. We drove the truck back just in time to franically race around so i could take him to the train station to get on a train to Newark so he can make his 5:30 flight to L.A.
whew!
Breakfast was OJ and 1/2 a clif bar at 8am - i think it is time for lunch.

Crozet, VA

Wow Amy, it sounds like playing chauffuer for hubby will be taking up a lot of your spare time. ha-ha What type of work does he do that requires being away from home? that is if you don't mind me asking.

Kelly, I know that not too far down the road, I will be facing the same thing with Lucky. He is the dog that I have had the longest of any dog I have ever owned. He is 11 years old. Thankfully I have two other who are a few years younger, so thinking of getting a puppy when Lucky goes, is not a question that I will have to address. After something happens to Daggy and Blue, I am sure that I will be wanting to get a puppy too.

Hi to everyone else. Bonnie so glad to hear good news from you.

Ruby

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

ruby,
When they hit that age you can't help but wonder what is in store for them and you. When Mooshka got to be 10 I started really praying that things would be good for her. And my prayers were answered for 3 years after that.

Crozet, VA

Hi Kelly, yes Lucky is really begun to show signs of aging. Even though he is like you said Mooshka was, still in a puppy stage even at this age, he physically is going down hill. For many months now he has begun to struggle when getting up from a laying down position. We took him to the Vet a little while back and the doc prescribed some pain reliever that had to be filled at the local pharmacy and some nutritional supplement that is supposed to help with joint issues.

Lucky is very special to me because he came to me at the very worst time of my life. I was experiencing the longest and most powerful grief that I have ever experienced. Getting him as a puppy and having to care for him gave me some purpose, to what at the time seemed to be a puposeless life. I was in a very deep depression for several years. Thank God that is behind me.

Sometimes I must sound to some of you like a Pollyanna, saying that all is well and just buck up and stop being depressed. Writing this reminds me that during those years when I was grieving over a loss, there was no bucking up and putting a smile on my face. I refer to it as my zombie stage. I was lucky to just wake up and get through a day, much less being very productive in any area. I must have cried buckets and buckets.

Oh well, I just hope that I never have to experience sorrow as deeply as that again.

Okay, enough of this talk. I hope that each and every one reading this will have a great weekend. Not sure what my plans are yet, but I am sure that I will find something to get in to. Take care all.

Ruby

Minneapolis, MN(Zone 4b)

Pets are wonderful friends.

Last night was the opening of the show I am in. It was great, I have never seen so many people at an opening. It seems that the gallery is one of the "in places" to be seen. I was even interviewed by a reporter for one of the arts magazines. Minneapolis has a very busy art community.

Crozet, VA

And aren't you lucky to live right in the middle of it all? It sounds good about this being a busy gallery. I a gla that things went well fo you. Whenthe magazine article comes out, let us know so that we can read it.

Glad that things are going well for you zen.

Ruby

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

ruby,
I'm glad Lucky came at a time when you needed him most. God always know what we need. I'm glad he has some pain killers so he's hopefully comfortable. It's hard when you see them going downhill.

So far have managed cleaning the kitchen and mopping the dining room and kitchen floors, otherwise a veg in front of the TV.

Crozet, VA

Hello - I had to come on here and send a dmail and decided to see what was going on here. Your day sounds much like mine Kelly. I am officially calling it a day. I will have a bowl of lasagna and spend the rest of the evening in front of TV too.

I will check in with you good folks tomorrow. Take care.

Ruby

Hello all, I have been busy today. First off, DH left for Florida yesterday afternoon, and I spent the entire evening reading. Slept in this morning, had coffee, and a chat with a good friend, then showered and went to the bank and the library. Had to take my desk top
computer into the repair shop, as it is doing weird things. I think it has a very bad virus, so will be mid week getting that back.

Took a nap this afternoon, took Mr. B (my JR Terrier) for his afternoon ride, and visited with my DMIL, and am waiting for some friends to come by. They are bringing pizza and we will visit awhile.

After they leave, I have some clematis that I have rooted, and need to get them potted up.

Zen, I am so glad that the opening went well, and it seems that it was a success. I would very much like to read the article when it comes out. I personally don't know any sculptors, except you, and it would be great to help you celebrate your success.

Kelly, sounds like you are doing better. I know that it will get easier every day, and the raw grief will begin to be replaced with other emotions. However, please just remember, that even though it is a raw thing right now, your memories soon will help ease you back into a life, that is more centered on your good memories you have of her. (((hugs)))) to you.

Ruby, a pollyanna, never! You are upbeat most of the time, but we all know that things worry us, or bother us, and we just have to deal with them the best we can, and try to go on. I like to stay positive, but there are days that honestly there is very little that I can be positive about. But I try not to bring everybody else down with me.

Thanks everybody for being there for me, I appreciate it.

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

dcat,
Thanks, I am doing better bit by bit. Had a good cry at 9:00 tonight which was the one week mark of Mooshka being put to sleep, but I'm looking forward to those being fewer and far between. I've already mentioned to Bill how lonesome I am being in the house all by myself and that a new puppy would maybe be a good thing. He said it was too soon. I'm starting to have the good memories mix in with the current ones so I think that is a good thing.

Hope you had a nice visit with your friends and have a nice vacation while DH is gone,,,,lol

Crozet, VA

I remember you driving to Florida about this time last year to pick up DH. Will you do that this year again? I also remember that you were ale to meet Susan during that trip, how nice.

I am not sure what I will get in to today. Getting another late start. I haven't even taken my medicine yet and I usually do that much earlier than now. I usually give myself a hour or so after taking it before I get up and move around, but have already read all my threads and need to get up and tidy up kitchen.

I will check in later. You ladies have a wonderful day.

Ruby

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

HI All,

Have had breakfast and watched some TV. Oh, also got the kitchen cleaned up and the dishes done. That's about it for the day,,,,what a slug.

Will check in later. Plan on watching the Super Bowl tonight.

Kelly

Crozet, VA

Join the slug club. I am still in my gown. I thought about going out and walking around the yard since I haven't been out and looked at front flower beds in a good while. It is not terribly cold here today so it would be a good day to be out, but time has gotten away from me and i am thinking of going to take a nap or at least veg in front of TV.

I will probably check back in later or by the morning for sure.

Ruby

belleville, NJ(Zone 6a)

add me to the slug list. everytime i think i'm going to get something done, i get sucked back into the computer!

amy

Just back from shopping downtown. It was a ghost town compared to normal. Guess everybody is getting ready for the football game. It was nice to be able to shop without the hassle for a change. Target had a great sale on kids clothes so I picked up some summer jammies for the DGD and a couple of Tshirt and short sets for DGS. They didn't have much that would fit him in the way of jammies. Into size 6 for her and size 24 months for him. They are both going to be real tall. Both of them are above average for height and weight. Not fat just going to be "big" people. Evidently all the "german" genes kicked in. LOL

belleville, NJ(Zone 6a)

congrats on your article, doccat!

Thank you amethystsm ;)

My first check in today. With DH gone, it has been quiet, and quite boring. I went to church and Sunday School, came home, had a sandwich for lunch, took a nap, and did a few household chores, and then I potted up 6 clematis that I had rooted, and also sowed some cabbage, broccoli and cauliflower seeds. It probably is too early, but I did it anyway. Went to check on DMIL, and to a neighbor's to take the paper, but came home, ate another sandwich, and have been reading since then. I am not into football, so did not even turn it on even to watch the commercials.

Got a phone call this afternoon, that my older sister is in the hospital. Several years ago, she was in a car accident, and had surgery to put pins and plates (hardware) in her leg. She has been having some pain, and the pain got worse last night and her DH took her to the emergency room, and when they did an xray, the pins holding the hip together had broken in two. So she is scheduled as emergency surgery tomorrow, and it will be major, as all the hardware has to come out, and then they have to figure how to fix it again. During all of this, another fracture, in her pelvis was discovered, and they are not sure what can be done there. The Dr told the family that the surgery (which has no official starting time) would be about 7 hours long. So please keep her in your thoughts and prayers.

I won't be going to the hospital tomorrow, as her immediate family will be with her. But will go after the surgery and when she is more alert.

Seems like this was the slug club today, but that's okay, we all need some time like that once in awhile.

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Bonnie,
I hope your sister does well with her surgery.

Wow, what and upset, the giants won the Super Bowl,,,,,whooda thunk it.

belleville, NJ(Zone 6a)

wow, if it isn't one thing, it's another. i am sorry that it seems like life just keeps pounding on you lately - i hope things get better soon, and i hope your sister comes out of with a good prognosis for recovery!

amy

Thank you Kelly, and amethystsm, for your thoughts and prayers for my sister. I have considered posting all of my prayer needs over in the prayer forum, but they would think I have a black cloud hanging over my head. Which sometimes seems true.

Minneapolis, MN(Zone 4b)

I won't be saying much today. I am using one finger and waiting until it is late enough to go to the doctor this morning to get stitches in anothrt finger.

Crozet, VA

Oh my gosh Zen- you need those fingers!!! When you are able, please let us know what happened. I hope that you are not out of commision for too long.

Bonnie, thanks for checking in honey. I miss when you aren't posting.

Hello to doccat, Kelly and Amy. I hope that everyone will have a great week coming up.

Ruby

Oh, Zen, let us know what happened. We can't have a sculptor without full use of her hands. ((hugs)) to you.

Hi Ruby, and everybody else.

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

dcat,
I'm one of those people with a perpetual black cloud over my head also.

zen,
Hope that finger is o.k. good luck with it.

OMG ! ! !

I've got you all in my thoughts today, and hope that as the week progresses that things will become more positive.

Kelly and I talked for quite awhile yesterday. It sounds pretty unanimous that we were all slugs yesterday. I was really busy doing a lot of nothing, so it was great for Kelly to call and give me a break from all of that intensity.

zen.....I hope that you've not done anything serious to your finger. Since you were waiting to go into the doctor's office, I'm assuming that your injury wasn't bad enough for the ER. Waiting for you to check in and let us know how you're doing.

Bonnie.....I have never heard of pins breaking in anyone. This cannot be common, and definitely not good. At least the new fracture was detected and can be taken care of.

doccat5....I haven't read your article yet. No offense, but.....I really do not care for kohlrabies. My mom has always grown them and absolutely loves them. I can manage them raw with a dip, and they do have a great shape.....but it's another one of those vegies that I can do without.

And to all of the rest of us slugs.....here's hoping that you have better luck at being productive than I have. Dang, haven't been up all that long and already feel the need for a quick nap.

marie, different strokes for different folks. There are somethings I don't care for either.

Or maybe it was because mom FORCED us to eat all of her favorite vegies. Luckily, my dad (who will eat just about anything) does not like rutabagas and sweet potatoes, so if he didn't have to eat them, neither did I.

I don't care for rutabagas or kale, creesy greens, but love sweet potatoes. Not real excited about parsnips either now that I think of it, but like turnips, spinach all those sort of things. So guess it's just a matter of personal taste.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images