Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Article: Enjoy an Underwater garden, Right in Your Own Livingroom!!: Nice article

Communities > Forums > Article: Enjoy an Underwater garden, Right in Your Own Livingroom!!
bookmark
Forum: Article: Enjoy an Underwater garden, Right in Your Own Livingroom!!Replies: 2, Views: 20
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
tommyr2006
Poughkeepsie, NY

February 2, 2008
1:33 PM

Post #4485674

A few good low light plants would be Java moss, and Java fern, Anacharis just to name a few.

If you buy plants locally watch out for SNAILS. They are nearly impossible to get rid of. Soak them for a few hours in a solution of ALUM and water, say about 2-3 tspns per gallon. Some people use a bleach solution (I forget the ratio) for a number of seconds. Do a google search for more info!

greenbrain

greenbrain
Madison, IL
(Zone 6b)

February 2, 2008
1:50 PM

Post #4485726

I never thought of my daughter as an "underwater gardener" until reading this article. She had a bad experience buying plants with snails that carried parasites. Ended up killing her beta fish. Now she buys underwater bulbs that grow beautiful plants. I'll pass on the tip about soaking the plants to rid them of snails. It's funny now thinking about all the houseplants that she's killed from lack of watering. Maybe that's what the aquarium is really about because I thought that she just really liked fish.

Great article!
Islandshari
Kwajalein
Marshall Islands
(Zone 11)

February 2, 2008
10:43 PM

Post #4487645

Great article Lee Anne! T'was my own dear daughter - Tropicalmajik, who supplied these pics, and she had fish too! So one definately does not exclude the other. Have fun all!

Yokwe,
Shari

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Enjoy an Underwater garden, Right in Your Own Livingroom!! Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
This is so neat! doccat5 6 Feb 3, 2008 1:25 AM
Cool idea! datgrl 0 Feb 4, 2008 11:44 AM
Aquaculture tips finecas 0 Feb 4, 2008 6:45 PM
from garden to fish tank??? DIRTYGIRL71 3 Jan 5, 2010 3:47 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America