Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Article: Winter Blues: Winter Blues

Communities > Forums > Article: Winter Blues
bookmark
Forum: Article: Winter BluesReplies: 1, Views: 47
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
grisaille
Alachua, FL

February 4, 2008
1:01 PM

Post #4493450

What a wonderful article. And I love your barn, would probably love the snow too, for awhile. Iwas born in Conneticut, but moved to Florida at 7, so I don't remember too much about snow.Florida has the summer heat and humidity, and when one is young, one dosen't seem to mind it, but nowadays, I shut myself in the house starting in June through August.If it weren't for airconditioning down here, Florida would be still largely unsettled.A friend of mine wrote me a few months ago that she was "feeling Swedish".I couldn't figure that out at all,when I asked her about what she ment, she explained about the lack of sunlight was affecting her.She was raised in Florida,does not do well in the winter,she reminds me of your nile lilly.I will have her read your article.She's a better gardener than I am. I still love your barn,I used to raise Dairy Goats,sold milk to a cheese plant, I still can't imagine chores in that weather.
Kathleen
Panama, NY
(Zone 5a)

February 5, 2008
12:45 AM

Post #4496302

lol, I know exactly how your friend was feeling, and I've lived here all my life.

The barn was built in 1945, after a fire destroyed the dairy barn that was here. They built it all post and beam and used wooden pegs to put it together - they couldn't get nails because of the war. Unfortunately, time is working its worst on it and eventually we will have it encased in dark green metal to keep it from falling down around us.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Winter Blues Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
I can relate Dutchlady1 15 Jan 11, 2010 3:23 PM
thank you backspace 15 Jan 14, 2010 3:55 AM
Excellent! KyWoods 3 Jan 11, 2010 7:16 PM
Winter Dollykat 1 Jan 11, 2010 2:34 PM
Winter in Western New York bsavage 6 Jan 11, 2010 7:57 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America