Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Beekeeping: I'm offering Bee & Butterfly seed mix for SASE

Communities > Forums > Beekeeping
bookmark
Forum: BeekeepingReplies: 0, Views: 42
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

maccionoadha

maccionoadha
Halifax, MA
(Zone 6a)

February 4, 2008
7:41 PM

Post #4495058

Kawonkamish(Greetings),

If anyone is interested, I'm offering for SASE, Bee & Butterfly seed packs, in the Seed Trade forum. I was offering them to, those who were unable to request the free seeds from Burt's Bees, due to they're running out. I have been making them up, as needed. I made a mix similar to that of Burt's, but added a few extras. Burt's pack states it weighs 300mg. I checked it with a measuring spoon and it came to less than 1/4 teaspoon. I made my packs approx. 1/2 teaspoon. Here's a comparison of what the two contain:

My mix:
Bee & Butterfly Mix(contains the following): Pot Marigold(Calendula officinalis), Shasta Daisy(Chrysanthemum maximum), Tickseed(Coreopsis lanceolata), Calliopsis(Coreopsis tinctoria), Purple Coneflower(Echinacea purpurea), Dense Blazing Star(Liatris spicata), Gloriosa Daisy(Rudbeckia hirta), Catchfly(Silene armeria)

Burt's Bees:
Bee Mix(contains the following): Pot Marigold(Calendula officinalis), Shasta Daisy(Chrysanthemum maximum), Tickseed(Coreopsis lanceolata), Calliopsis(Coreopsis tinctoria), Purple Coneflower(Echinacea purpurea), Catchfly(Silene armeria)

If you are interested in sending a SASE, please go to this thread in the Seed Trade forum and leave a post there. It makes it easier for me to keep track. Thank you. http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/809092/

Aquene kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farwell),

Moe aka Wahtukques Sochepo(SnowRabbit)

This message was edited Feb 6, 2008 1:25 PM

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Beekeeping Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
To catch a honey bee... WUVIE 10 Mar 25, 2007 11:18 PM
Dead Bees countryfarms 17 Oct 7, 2010 11:42 AM
New Beekeepers SwarmCatcher 10 Sep 12, 2009 3:51 PM
Bee sting - bee stinger mygardens 27 Nov 12, 2008 4:04 PM
Bees in the ground starlight1153 45 Sep 9, 2009 9:54 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America