Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Beginner Flowers: Sunflower species

Communities > Forums > Beginner Flowers
bookmark
Forum: Beginner FlowersReplies: 3, Views: 93
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
aebanda
Torreón
Mexico

February 5, 2008
10:25 PM

Post #4499605

A species belong sunflowers in the photo?

Thumbnail by aebanda
Click the image for an enlarged view.

NatureLover1950
Vicksburg, MS
(Zone 8a)

February 7, 2008
4:43 PM

Post #4507294

Not sure I understand your question. Are you asking if the flowers in your picture are a species of sunflower or simply if they are sunflowers?
AlexG
Bedford, NH

February 8, 2008
3:48 PM

Post #4511717

I'm no sunflower expert but I researched it a bit on the web and there are over 50 species all native to North America. I couldn't find anything with good pics, but all the ones in your photos look like sunflowers if that is what you are asking. You might try Wikipedia for some more info.
WeeNel
Ayrshire Scotland
United Kingdom

February 9, 2008
12:50 AM

Post #4513563

Hi aebanda, I'm with everyone else, dont really understand if you just want to show the lovely picture or are you wanting to know how to grow sunflowers, where to buy the seeds or if these are true sunflowers, can you get back to us and tell us what info you are after, I'd hate you to think we were all ignoring you in any way, so can you clarify what kind of information you are seeking. Good luck, WeeNel.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Beginner Flowers Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Welcome to the Beginner Flowers forum! dave 147 Feb 14, 2013 3:15 AM
snapdragon picture gessiegail 39 Jan 1, 2012 1:04 PM
show us beginners your blooms gessiegail 324 Jan 8, 2012 6:20 AM
Favorite annuals from your 2006 garden! Trish 81 Mar 7, 2007 2:02 PM
Heat Mats Ironsides 6 Nov 27, 2007 1:31 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America