Ice Breaker for '08 UMW RU #2

Merrimac, WI(Zone 4b)

Continued from http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/805655/

Quoting:
have we decided on any kind of identifiable attire?

I think it's too cold for my t-shirt, but I will be carrying my purple tote bag with the DG logo on it.

False - I have not been gardening for over 40 years.

The person below me is careful not to plant invasive's.

West Central, WI(Zone 4a)

True.....I have enough invasives that are naturally occurring to deal with.

The person below me uses 'pet safe' and 'landscape safe' salt when trying to get rid of ice on their driveway and walkways.

True, we use the good salt.

The person below me bought a few tropical plants recently to while away the remaining 2 months of winter.

Reedsburg, WI(Zone 4b)

False, I would just kill them anyway-just like everything I tried to over winter. :(

The person below me still has kids living at home.

Southern, WI(Zone 5a)

Sure do, two young daughters in fact ;)

The person below me has an auger (one of those fancy contraptions) to help dig the holes for planting .

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

Nope, no kids. Person below has ordered many bulbs and plants for spring planting.
Below is one of my amaryllis.
Name, Rosette A new one for me this yr.

Maxine

Thumbnail by Maxine
Western, WI(Zone 4a)

Yes Mags, I do have a long auger. DH made it for me and I can plant 50 bulbs or more per hr.
Now what.

I am running out of things. Person below is going to many plant seminars this spring?

Maxine

Saint Bonifacius, MN(Zone 4a)

Mmmm . . . . well, not a lot.

The person beneath me is giving a plant seminar(s) this season. (and what are they?)

True, I'm slated to speak at several seminars and workshops. Since it's me replying, ten to one odds 99% of the people posting here know what the subject matter of my speeches will be ;)

The person below me loves gardening in dappled shade.

Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

True, it's so much easier to do in the heat of the day than total sun.

The person below me does significant shade gardening..

Southeast, NE(Zone 5a)

False. I only have a little tiny bitty bit of shade. Full sun now? There's LOTS of that!

The person below deals with water problems: too much in spots, too difficult to get water to the garden, etc.

Menasha, WI(Zone 5a)

Lauren - Is it on self injury prevention?

False to the water problems.

The person below has bonsai plants

Necedah, WI(Zone 4b)

False, I have a few lilies that seem weirdly stunted, but no real bonsai

The person below me has a child named after a month, flower or plant.

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

False, no kids here.

The person below me loves their furkids more than they even like Some people,,,,,,,lol

Quoting:
Lauren - Is it on self injury prevention?
Ha ha ha, nope but I could probably write a book on how to destroy one's body while gardening quite easily.

False, I love people more than my furbabies.

The person below would like to try rain chains some day. Sure do wish the attractive ones weren't so darn expensive.

False....I don't actually have a good place for one. My sister has a beautiful copper rain chain that works well for her.

The person below me is planning to participate on May 3rd, in the official, 4th annual World Naked Gardening Day.

Southeast, NE(Zone 5a)

False. But darn! If I'd have only known. (Just Kidding) The Iowa folks are having their RU that day. LOL! Maybe someone should suggest it to them?

The person below wishes the neighbors would participate in the May 3rd, 4th annual World Naked Gardening Day.

South Central, IA(Zone 5a)

OMG NO! and please don't mention it to Wanda or she might get ideas!!!!!!LOL

The person below me is learning a new hobby to help pass the winter days

Quoting:
The person below wishes the neighbors would participate in the May 3rd, 4th annual World Naked Gardening Day.
Oh the things one learns here at DG! I had no idea such a day existed!

True, I'm sort of trying to learn a new hobby... how to use my newest camera. I even downloaded quick start directions for it as well as the manual.

The person below me has had or currently has a terrarium or wardian case of some sort in their home.

Necedah, WI(Zone 4b)

No, but I would love to

The person below me has no neighbors

Currently True. My neighbors to either side are seasonal, so I won't be seeing much of them until we've got warmer weather.

The person below me is wondering why they are still on-line instead of in bed.

waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

My neighbors are signing a petition to prevent me from participating in Naked Gardening Day. And I've already been to bed and the cats are pestering me for breakfast,

The person below me has started winter sowing successfully.

Reedsburg, WI(Zone 4b)

False, I have everything but the soil and really NEED to get busy with it, but first........

The person below me has all their seeds in a row. (Organized and ready to do what they need to do with them)

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

False, that would be the day that I was prepared,,,,why jump on these things,,,,,lol

The person below me loves to cook on the grill.

Reedsburg, WI(Zone 4b)

How very true!!!

The person below me always burns brats on the grill (easy to do because of all the grease dripping down.)

Southeast, NE(Zone 5a)

False. I don't do grill cooking, and let Handsome Man do it instead. He's pretty good at not burning though.

The person below has a birdbath, not just for garden art, but actually for the birds to use.

True. two for the birds and one for garden art.

The person below me has 'too many irons in the fire'

Southern, WI(Zone 5a)

True. I continually juggle a million things, only to take more on.

The person below me wants Lefty , llilyfan & Ticker to join us at our roundup this summer.

True! True! True!

The person below me always lusts for plants for Mother's Day or Father's Day... or their birthday... or Christmas...

Southern, WI(Zone 5a)

True, True True!!! They make the best-est easiest most loved gifts, now don't they?

The person below me has hybridized and named their own plant.

Menasha, WI(Zone 5a)

Not officially true, although I did have cosmos cross and named and saved the seeds from them.

The person below works outside.

Not anymore. Now I have an 'inside' job!

The person below has big plans to go to at least one Plant Society Show this year.

Saint Bonifacius, MN(Zone 4a)

Big plans? I guess so. Lily shows are required as training if you are going to be a Lily Show judge. Parts I and II start this Sunday.

How do you know if you have successfully wintersowed?
I do have a weed coming up in one of my pots . . . does that count?

The person beneath me watches cooking shows.

This message was edited Feb 8, 2008 1:52 PM

Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

True, watch cooking shows all the time and then we go out to eat! :) LOL

The person below me is tired of being at work this afternoon..

Reedsburg, WI(Zone 4b)

False, I work at home (day care) and only have one wee one today-such a simple day I forget I am "working".

The person below me will eat at least one meal out this weekend.

Mequon, WI(Zone 4b)

True! I am going out to breakfast with my sisters.

The person below me got at least one gardening item for Christmas this past year.

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

I sure did. Our son-in-law and daughter gave us copper "solar" string of lights for where ever I want them.
Son and Daughter-in-law gave us a statue for the garden.

I am truly blessed with my children.

Person below is going to enjoy the cold weather predicted for this weekend.
I am not moving away from our wood stove, except to chuck some more wood.

Maxine

Reedsburg, WI(Zone 4b)

False False False False-NEVER do I enjoy cold weather!!
(Hey Jeannie63 I am going to breakfast with my sisters tomorrow too!)
The person below me is staying home safe and warm all weekend

Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

Too true. That's my plan.

The person below me has already figured out what they will cook over this very cold, cold February weekend. I'm planning to make rugulach--which I have been dreaming about for some time now.

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Surprisingly true, I'm going to make a nice pot of beef stew.

The person below me loves to go to the library

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.