The FLOWERPOT Cafe' VII - Join us for a cup of Flowers!

Birmingham, AL(Zone 7b)

I find it fitting that the new cafe will open right before Valentines Day. It just seems right, as this is the time when the most beautiful flowers are sent. It is wonderful how our small cafe' keeps growing and growing. It seems as if new faces are added everyday. Thank you for you patronage, additions, comments and just stopping in to chat with friends across the globe.

Have a seat, join us for a cuppa or two and hope you enjoy your visit!

We came from here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/804140/

This message was edited Feb 11, 2008 5:52 PM

Thumbnail by pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL(Zone 7b)

My daff's are starting to show their true colors a bit. Right now, I think they look like little monsters. I hope they bloom out to be much prettier.

Birmingham, AL(Zone 7b)

My daff's are starting to show their true colors a bit. Right now, I think they look like little monsters. I hope they bloom out to be much prettier.

Birmingham, AL(Zone 7b)

ONE area of the daff's. It is literally covered in my back yard. I even found one growing on the bare dirt (it was under six inches of leaves). This is on the back nine. I figure they have been there so long, many won't bloom as they need to be divided.

Birmingham, AL(Zone 7b)

ONE area of the daff's. It is literally covered in my back yard. I even found one growing on the bare dirt (it was under six inches of leaves). This is on the back nine. I figure they have been there so long, many won't bloom as they need to be divided.

london England, United Kingdom

Hello everyone and welcome to our cafe!

Thankyou Traci for starting a new thread. Lovely daffs, you have so many! in a couple of weeks they will all be flowering beautifully and it will look fabulous.

Fresh coffee anyone?

Thumbnail by terriculture

Daffs, laurel leaves and conifer. .....step into spring!

An arrangement with carnations, chrysanths, roses and gyp, for the cafe.

See you tomorrow everyone!

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

: ) : ) : ) : ) beautiful . Lovely in here!

Birmingham, AL(Zone 7b)

All of those are fantastic!! I love the Daff's in the second pic. You are sooo creative.

This little lenten rose was found in the back yard. She has 3 more buds so far. It is a really pretty and unusual flower. I love my backyard!!!! Now if I just knew what all was back there.

New Orleans, LA(Zone 8b)

Beautiful arrangements Terri! Traci, I have never seen that one before. How lovely! Looks like you have lots of daffs to arrange with pretty soon. Hi there Star!

Coffs Harbour, Australia

Hey, new Cafe, whats the coffee like?
I bought some flowers today. Hubby will know they're not from the garden. I think he will get suspicious, but thats normal anyway!
Love that lenten rose! And all the Anenomes Terri! Glad you got your letter. The stamps I buy in a box of 100 and thats just what was on them! Lucky for you!
I'm glad everyone is back and feeling better. Hot toddies for everyone, my shout!
Sue

Hi Star, Thankyou, I'm looking forward to your arrangements this week!

Hi Traci, you have got some treasures in your garden, that is a beauty! Thankyou, I wonder what else will come up?

Hi Karma, thanks for saying! Sorry I forgot to bring Peyton his drink when you brought him in last time, next time I promise.

Hi Sue, The coffee is awful, we need a fresh brew already!
I can't wait to see the flowers you bought, I wonder what you are going to make? Thanks again for my letter, it might be a while before you get a reply!!! I will find time soon. Thanks on the anemones and the hot toddy.

Hello to Adele, Marcia and anyone else. Hope you are all ok, especially your brother Adele.
Here'a a little pot et fleurs with hyacinth and chryanths, it smells lovely.

I hope to start hotting this cafe up with some valentine decorations and arrangements tomorrow!

Anemone in waterballs.

I love the way the flowers stand up and stay in the waterballs. Has anyone used these?
see you tomorrow!

south central, WI(Zone 5a)

HI, Waterballs? I have seen clear and colored water holding crystals, but not waterballs.
Do they slowly let water out? Will check around here, as they look really nice in the arrangements.
I need some fresh cut flowers, will try to get to store tomorrow.
Such lovelies shown here.
Will pass on coffee this evening and have a cup of Earl Grey Tea, thank you.

Brooklyn, NY(Zone 7a)

Good morning everyone!
My brother is recovering.Thank you all for your well wishes. My mother and sister went home and boy could I use a drink. Is Grey Earl all we have? What happened to the Tequila? :)
What are waterballs? Lovely arrangements, Terri. They are all so beautiful. What leaf do you use to wrap the anenome? I want to wrap flowers,too.

Good morning Marcia and Adele,
Thankyou, glad you like the arrangements.It's good to hear everyone is ok.

Waterballs is my name for them! It is actually called Magic Soil. It is a water and soil substitute.
Use for fresh flowers and some indoor plants. Washable and reusble for 2 years!
Soak for 6hrs, the soil will expand 50-80 times. Monthly wash and top up water when they shrink. They come in different colours and shapes. I think they are fun!

I wrapped the Anemone in laurel leaves, but you can use any broad leaves you can find! It's good to experiment with leaf manipulation, they can be so useful!
Have a good day everyone! see you later with some refreshments!!

Roses and gerbera with folded leaf.

gerbera petals added to the roses.

Coffs Harbour, Australia

Gosh you've been busy Terri! So many arrangements. It takes me ages to do one!
Happy Valentines cafe clientele! (its Thursday feb 14 here in Australia)
My arrangement was done in the evening so photos are never good! I used white "MUMs" and red/pink Celosias (cocks comb) just lovely to look at.
Hubby thought i was having an affair, when he came home and saw the table set, so I sat him down, had a glass of port and peice of chocky, just to reassure him, you know?
Happy Valentines.
ps, Glad your brother is ok Adele!
And Peyton looks super cute karma.

Thumbnail by weed_woman
New Orleans, LA(Zone 8b)

Isn't Terri just an awesome floral designer??? Your leaf techniques are amazing. Happy Valentines to you too Sue. Your flowers and set up are SEXY. Hubby's a lucky man for sure! Gosh, flowers are so pricey around this time. . .I'm going to have to wait until they go back down before I go out and buy my Valentine present.

Brooklyn, NY(Zone 7a)

Hi All,
Karma, Happy belated New Year and, of course, I agree with everyone that Peyton is super cute!

Sue, Happy Valentine Day's.You did a beautiful job,, candle, flowers, wine, what else could a husband what? I'm sure you and your hubby had a great time.

Terri, I'll be wrappin' soon.Thanks

I need help. Stevie, my husband, bought me long stem roses 1 day early(were they cheaper?) I have no idea what to do with them.They're beautiful but they are 3 feet tall! Right now they are in a bucket in the bath tub. What to do? Do I cut and rearrange or what?

Thumbnail by diggerette
Birmingham, AL(Zone 7b)

It's beginning to look a lot like Valentines..la lala la la. Wow, everything looks fantastic.

Terri, I love the shape of the anomone stems, but my FAV is the roses in the red bowl. Awesome are.

Weeds, Happy Valentines Day!! You outdid yourself. I love it when a "theme" is placed around the flowers.

Dig, hon, I wish I could help ya, but we must wait for the gurus.

Karma, Peyton is getting cuter everyday. Glad to see you back on more often. Love to you, girlfriend.

I bought some flowers today, but won't be able to get to them until tomorrow night. I HATE waiting (and having to work too).

Hiya Marcia!!

Hmmm....wonder what these could be? I have NO idea, but can't wait to find out.

Birmingham, AL(Zone 7b)

Close up. These are coming up where I clean up the area. They could be ditch lilies, which I love, so doesn't bother me. HEHE

Brooklyn, NY(Zone 7a)

Happy Valentine's Day Everyone!

Pupil,You are so lucky to be getting growth. Whatever bulb they are,they'll look great. There are so many of them.
I couldn't wait for the gurus and just took action. I cut and rearranged.
I couldn't get the color right in photoshop. The roses are a deep red.

Thumbnail by diggerette

Hi everyone, Happy valentines day!

Sue, I love your arrangement with celosa, it's one of my favourite flowers and I love the spiky celosa too.
Ohh Laa La, very romantic setting, love is in the air! you made a beautiful setting for valentines. Thankyou for sharing your arrangement with us!!! If you haven't had dessert, we have the lurve platter on the menu tonight!

Karma, shhh you're embarassing me!!! Thankyou darling. Crazy the way all the red flowers vanish and if you can find any they are double price.

Adele, It would be a shame to cut them ...yet! I would trim the ends and give them some flower food, enjoy them as hubby intended at least for a couple of days!! They are beautiful, you are lucky. As I went to post this your post appeared! ignore everything I said.
Your re-arranged hand tie looks fantastic!

Traci, Wow more fantastic bulbs, not sure really but they do look like some kind of day lily.
I like the red rose bowl, but the whole is tiny, so there's not much I can do with it, thankyou!

Actually Adele, I think yours is nicer than the origional, but don't tell hubby! you have a great shape, and I love the grassy foliage hanging over. Thankyou for adding to our red collection on valentines day.

see you tomorrow, leaving some tea for you tea drinkers!

Brooklyn, NY(Zone 7a)

Good Morning Everyone and again Happy Valentines day!
Thank you Terri, I'm glad you liked the arrangement. What are you suppose to do with 3 foot stem roses? Who has a vase that tall? Stevie didn't mind.
And Thank you Terri for your beautiful strawberry plate and tea. You're the best! I'm just going copy everything you do. :)
So here's some morning coffee. I'll make another pot soon.

Thumbnail by diggerette

Hi Adele, quick! your cooking the roses, take them off the coffee pot!

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Happy Valentines Day everybody!!!!!!! Looks like some folks got a bunch of luv! I happy for ya all. I bought me a kit kat bar to celebrate for the day. Chocolate yum!

Brooklyn, NY(Zone 7a)

Very funny, Terri
Hey Star, Glad to hear you're celebrating good cheer with chocolate. Yum, yum

Birmingham, AL(Zone 7b)

Dropping in a Happy Valentines Day!! Everything looks fantastic and Valentiny. Love what you did, Dig. Terri, you are an inspiration to us all!

Hey Karma, Star, Marcia, and Weed. I love DG handles. I am going to eat the left over candy I took to Teeny's school for Valentines. LOTS of leftovers.

Hi everyone, Happy Valentines Day!!

Thankyou Adele for the lovely coffee earlier, I forgot to say how pretty your handtie looks.
Star, glad you had some chocolate.
Traci, Thanks!

VALENTINE GIFTS FOR ALL OUR REGULARS TONIGHT!

Adding some heart shaped lights to the cafe!

Chocolate hearts for everyone!

chocolate heart lollipops.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images