Photo by Melody

Cut Flowers and Floral Design: The FLOWERPOT Cafe' VII - Join us for a cup of Flowers!

Communities > Forums > Cut Flowers and Floral Design
bookmark
Forum: Cut Flowers and Floral DesignReplies: 234, Views: 1,437
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

February 11, 2008
11:46 PM

Post #4525606

I find it fitting that the new cafe will open right before Valentines Day. It just seems right, as this is the time when the most beautiful flowers are sent. It is wonderful how our small cafe' keeps growing and growing. It seems as if new faces are added everyday. Thank you for you patronage, additions, comments and just stopping in to chat with friends across the globe.

Have a seat, join us for a cuppa or two and hope you enjoy your visit!

We came from here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/804140/

This message was edited Feb 11, 2008 5:52 PM

Thumbnail by pupilpropogtr
Click the image for an enlarged view.

pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

February 11, 2008
11:55 PM

Post #4525650

My daff's are starting to show their true colors a bit. Right now, I think they look like little monsters. I hope they bloom out to be much prettier.

pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

February 11, 2008
11:56 PM

Post #4525653

My daff's are starting to show their true colors a bit. Right now, I think they look like little monsters. I hope they bloom out to be much prettier.

pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

February 11, 2008
11:59 PM

Post #4525666

ONE area of the daff's. It is literally covered in my back yard. I even found one growing on the bare dirt (it was under six inches of leaves). This is on the back nine. I figure they have been there so long, many won't bloom as they need to be divided.

pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

February 12, 2008
12:00 AM

Post #4525671

ONE area of the daff's. It is literally covered in my back yard. I even found one growing on the bare dirt (it was under six inches of leaves). This is on the back nine. I figure they have been there so long, many won't bloom as they need to be divided.

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

February 12, 2008
12:17 AM

Post #4525738

Hello everyone and welcome to our cafe!

Thankyou Traci for starting a new thread. Lovely daffs, you have so many! in a couple of weeks they will all be flowering beautifully and it will look fabulous.

Fresh coffee anyone?

Thumbnail by terriculture

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

February 12, 2008
12:20 AM

Post #4525748

Daffs, laurel leaves and conifer. ...step into spring!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

February 12, 2008
12:40 AM

Post #4525832

An arrangement with carnations, chrysanths, roses and gyp, for the cafe.

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

February 12, 2008
12:47 AM

Post #4525866

See you tomorrow everyone!

starlight1153
Seale, AL
(Zone 8b)

February 12, 2008
12:59 AM

Post #4525918

: ) : ) : ) : ) beautiful . Lovely in here!
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

February 12, 2008
2:05 AM

Post #4526235

All of those are fantastic!! I love the Daff's in the second pic. You are sooo creative.

This little lenten rose was found in the back yard. She has 3 more buds so far. It is a really pretty and unusual flower. I love my backyard!!!! Now if I just knew what all was back there.

karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

February 12, 2008
3:00 AM

Post #4526573

Beautiful arrangements Terri! Traci, I have never seen that one before. How lovely! Looks like you have lots of daffs to arrange with pretty soon. Hi there Star!
weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

February 12, 2008
6:59 AM

Post #4527295

Hey, new Cafe, whats the coffee like?
I bought some flowers today. Hubby will know they're not from the garden. I think he will get suspicious, but thats normal anyway!
Love that lenten rose! And all the Anenomes Terri! Glad you got your letter. The stamps I buy in a box of 100 and thats just what was on them! Lucky for you!
I'm glad everyone is back and feeling better. Hot toddies for everyone, my shout!
Sue
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

February 12, 2008
11:55 PM

Post #4530196

Hi Star, Thankyou, I'm looking forward to your arrangements this week!

Hi Traci, you have got some treasures in your garden, that is a beauty! Thankyou, I wonder what else will come up?

Hi Karma, thanks for saying! Sorry I forgot to bring Peyton his drink when you brought him in last time, next time I promise.

Hi Sue, The coffee is awful, we need a fresh brew already!
I can't wait to see the flowers you bought, I wonder what you are going to make? Thanks again for my letter, it might be a while before you get a reply!!! I will find time soon. Thanks on the anemones and the hot toddy.

Hello to Adele, Marcia and anyone else. Hope you are all ok, especially your brother Adele.
Here'a a little pot et fleurs with hyacinth and chryanths, it smells lovely.

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

February 13, 2008
12:02 AM

Post #4530232

I hope to start hotting this cafe up with some valentine decorations and arrangements tomorrow!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

February 13, 2008
1:36 AM

Post #4530758

Anemone in waterballs.

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

February 13, 2008
1:43 AM

Post #4530819

I love the way the flowers stand up and stay in the waterballs. Has anyone used these?
see you tomorrow!

motts1
south central, WI
(Zone 5a)

February 13, 2008
5:05 AM

Post #4531954

HI, Waterballs? I have seen clear and colored water holding crystals, but not waterballs.
Do they slowly let water out? Will check around here, as they look really nice in the arrangements.
I need some fresh cut flowers, will try to get to store tomorrow.
Such lovelies shown here.
Will pass on coffee this evening and have a cup of Earl Grey Tea, thank you.
diggerette
Brooklyn, NY
(Zone 7a)

February 13, 2008
11:26 AM

Post #4532278

Good morning everyone!
My brother is recovering.Thank you all for your well wishes. My mother and sister went home and boy could I use a drink. Is Grey Earl all we have? What happened to the Tequila? :)
What are waterballs? Lovely arrangements, Terri. They are all so beautiful. What leaf do you use to wrap the anenome? I want to wrap flowers,too.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

February 13, 2008
12:14 PM

Post #4532326

Good morning Marcia and Adele,
Thankyou, glad you like the arrangements.It's good to hear everyone is ok.

Waterballs is my name for them! It is actually called Magic Soil. It is a water and soil substitute.
Use for fresh flowers and some indoor plants. Washable and reusble for 2 years!
Soak for 6hrs, the soil will expand 50-80 times. Monthly wash and top up water when they shrink. They come in different colours and shapes. I think they are fun!

I wrapped the Anemone in laurel leaves, but you can use any broad leaves you can find! It's good to experiment with leaf manipulation, they can be so useful!
Have a good day everyone! see you later with some refreshments!!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

February 13, 2008
6:34 PM

Post #4533822

Roses and gerbera with folded leaf.

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

February 13, 2008
6:39 PM

Post #4533845

gerbera petals added to the roses.

weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

February 13, 2008
8:07 PM

Post #4534208

Gosh you've been busy Terri! So many arrangements. It takes me ages to do one!
Happy Valentines cafe clientele! (its Thursday feb 14 here in Australia)
My arrangement was done in the evening so photos are never good! I used white "MUMs" and red/pink Celosias (cocks comb) just lovely to look at.
Hubby thought i was having an affair, when he came home and saw the table set, so I sat him down, had a glass of port and peice of chocky, just to reassure him, you know?
Happy Valentines.
ps, Glad your brother is ok Adele!
And Peyton looks super cute karma.

Thumbnail by weed_woman

karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

February 13, 2008
9:44 PM

Post #4534545

Isn't Terri just an awesome floral designer??? Your leaf techniques are amazing. Happy Valentines to you too Sue. Your flowers and set up are SEXY. Hubby's a lucky man for sure! Gosh, flowers are so pricey around this time. . .I'm going to have to wait until they go back down before I go out and buy my Valentine present.
diggerette
Brooklyn, NY
(Zone 7a)

February 13, 2008
11:14 PM

Post #4534826

Hi All,
Karma, Happy belated New Year and, of course, I agree with everyone that Peyton is super cute!

Sue, Happy Valentine Day's.You did a beautiful job,, candle, flowers, wine, what else could a husband what? I'm sure you and your hubby had a great time.

Terri, I'll be wrappin' soon.Thanks

I need help. Stevie, my husband, bought me long stem roses 1 day early(were they cheaper?) I have no idea what to do with them.They're beautiful but they are 3 feet tall! Right now they are in a bucket in the bath tub. What to do? Do I cut and rearrange or what?

Thumbnail by diggerette

pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

February 14, 2008
12:25 AM

Post #4535071

It's beginning to look a lot like Valentines..la lala la la. Wow, everything looks fantastic.

Terri, I love the shape of the anomone stems, but my FAV is the roses in the red bowl. Awesome are.

Weeds, Happy Valentines Day!! You outdid yourself. I love it when a "theme" is placed around the flowers.

Dig, hon, I wish I could help ya, but we must wait for the gurus.

Karma, Peyton is getting cuter everyday. Glad to see you back on more often. Love to you, girlfriend.

I bought some flowers today, but won't be able to get to them until tomorrow night. I HATE waiting (and having to work too).

Hiya Marcia!!

Hmmm...wonder what these could be? I have NO idea, but can't wait to find out.

pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

February 14, 2008
12:26 AM

Post #4535080

Close up. These are coming up where I clean up the area. They could be ditch lilies, which I love, so doesn't bother me. HEHE

diggerette
Brooklyn, NY
(Zone 7a)

February 14, 2008
1:27 AM

Post #4535294

Happy Valentine's Day Everyone!

Pupil,You are so lucky to be getting growth. Whatever bulb they are,they'll look great. There are so many of them.
I couldn't wait for the gurus and just took action. I cut and rearranged.
I couldn't get the color right in photoshop. The roses are a deep red.

Thumbnail by diggerette

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

February 14, 2008
1:44 AM

Post #4535357

Hi everyone, Happy valentines day!

Sue, I love your arrangement with celosa, it's one of my favourite flowers and I love the spiky celosa too.
Ohh Laa La, very romantic setting, love is in the air! you made a beautiful setting for valentines. Thankyou for sharing your arrangement with us!!! If you haven't had dessert, we have the lurve platter on the menu tonight!

Karma, shhh you're embarassing me!!! Thankyou darling. Crazy the way all the red flowers vanish and if you can find any they are double price.

Adele, It would be a shame to cut them ...yet! I would trim the ends and give them some flower food, enjoy them as hubby intended at least for a couple of days!! They are beautiful, you are lucky. As I went to post this your post appeared! ignore everything I said.
Your re-arranged hand tie looks fantastic!

Traci, Wow more fantastic bulbs, not sure really but they do look like some kind of day lily.
I like the red rose bowl, but the whole is tiny, so there's not much I can do with it, thankyou!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

February 14, 2008
1:53 AM

Post #4535394

Actually Adele, I think yours is nicer than the origional, but don't tell hubby! you have a great shape, and I love the grassy foliage hanging over. Thankyou for adding to our red collection on valentines day.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

February 14, 2008
1:57 AM

Post #4535408

see you tomorrow, leaving some tea for you tea drinkers!

diggerette
Brooklyn, NY
(Zone 7a)

February 14, 2008
12:20 PM

Post #4536424

Good Morning Everyone and again Happy Valentines day!
Thank you Terri, I'm glad you liked the arrangement. What are you suppose to do with 3 foot stem roses? Who has a vase that tall? Stevie didn't mind.
And Thank you Terri for your beautiful strawberry plate and tea. You're the best! I'm just going copy everything you do. :)
So here's some morning coffee. I'll make another pot soon.

Thumbnail by diggerette

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

February 14, 2008
4:06 PM

Post #4537231

Hi Adele, quick! your cooking the roses, take them off the coffee pot!
starlight1153
Seale, AL
(Zone 8b)

February 14, 2008
10:06 PM

Post #4538762

Happy Valentines Day everybody!!!!!!! Looks like some folks got a bunch of luv! I happy for ya all. I bought me a kit kat bar to celebrate for the day. Chocolate yum!

diggerette
Brooklyn, NY
(Zone 7a)

February 14, 2008
11:17 PM

Post #4539049

Very funny, Terri
Hey Star, Glad to hear you're celebrating good cheer with chocolate. Yum, yum
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

February 15, 2008
12:22 AM

Post #4539381

Dropping in a Happy Valentines Day!! Everything looks fantastic and Valentiny. Love what you did, Dig. Terri, you are an inspiration to us all!

Hey Karma, Star, Marcia, and Weed. I love DG handles. I am going to eat the left over candy I took to Teeny's school for Valentines. LOTS of leftovers.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

February 15, 2008
2:19 AM

Post #4539900

Hi everyone, Happy Valentines Day!!

Thankyou Adele for the lovely coffee earlier, I forgot to say how pretty your handtie looks.
Star, glad you had some chocolate.
Traci, Thanks!

VALENTINE GIFTS FOR ALL OUR REGULARS TONIGHT!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

February 15, 2008
2:21 AM

Post #4539912

Adding some heart shaped lights to the cafe!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

February 15, 2008
2:25 AM

Post #4539928

Chocolate hearts for everyone!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

February 15, 2008
2:29 AM

Post #4539950

chocolate heart lollipops.

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

February 15, 2008
2:32 AM

Post #4539968

Dried flower gift boxes.

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

February 15, 2008
2:44 AM

Post #4540012

fresh and silk rose baskets.

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

February 15, 2008
2:56 AM

Post #4540057

Flower bags!
Have a good night all, enjoy valentines!

weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

February 15, 2008
4:12 AM

Post #4540419

Crikey Terry! You must spend all day playing with flowers! When do you get time to eat!
(She probly picks while she plays, Petal here, petal there) Everyone is soo good at this! If only there was a way of making money from it! LOTS oF MONEY!!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

February 15, 2008
12:46 PM

Post #4541113

Hi Sue,
luckily it was my day off work yesterday! I did eat chocolates and cream cakes, sorry I didn't save any!
When is your next plant sale? I want to have a look around your shop!

Roll on spring...
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

February 16, 2008
3:36 AM

Post #4544683

I love it when you have a day off and flowers, Terri. You never know what all you are going to get!!

I think I may have lost my mind. They were having a sale on vases at Michael's and, well, I am now the proud owner of about 8 new little vases. I have flowers in the fridge that haven't been touched, but, by golly, I got the vases for them. Now I must do something with the flowers!!

Oh, also bought a frog. Now to figure out how to use it and the sand I bought, oh and the...HELP!!

I ALSO found another Lenten Rose plant about to bloom. It is a completely different color.

And, I love the heart lollipop. Going ADD, must stop.
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

February 16, 2008
1:28 PM

Post #4545434

Adele, the second shot of your roses is my favorite! Terri, cafe is looking glam! Belated Happy Valentines everyone.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

February 16, 2008
6:19 PM

Post #4546628

Hi everyone.

Traci, great, you got some new vases and flowers, sounds like my kinda shopping! What's the problem with the frog? stick it down in your container with oasis fix or blue tac before you add the wet oasis. or did you buy a real frog?!!!!
I love springtime in the garden, you never know what will pop up next!

Karma, Thanks.
It has turned cold again, we had some frost this morning, just when you think it's getting warmer... bang! freezing again!! I'm on half term for a week, was hoping to get down to the allotment to make a start clearing up, but not if it's freezing!

Happy Hour. Tropical cocktail tonight!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

February 16, 2008
6:22 PM

Post #4546637

protea and pearls

starlight1153
Seale, AL
(Zone 8b)

February 16, 2008
8:56 PM

Post #4547230

That a perfect arrangement for today. It a nice and cloudy 70F out, and feels good after a wet and frozen freezing 19F the other day.

It froze the mess out of my flowers and frost bite the plants. I was depressed. I had been babying all them blooms for the cafe. Now i got mush and need to get them clipped off before they mold the whole plant.

I think I need to go dig my flip flops out if we gonna go tropical. Don't want to get a bunch of sand in my shoes. Where my sunglasses too.

Lovely arrangement. I a slow sipper so one of them beauties shoudl last me for a bit. : )
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

February 16, 2008
9:47 PM

Post #4547502

Hi Star,
Ahh shame about your flowers and plants. I've given up with taking plants in and out for that very reason, it's so disapointing after all that hard work. Hope you manage to save them.
Funny! sand in your shoes.. we can dream can't we?!! good idea to sip slowly, it could be dangerous.

I recon everyone goes to raves at the weekend.
weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

February 17, 2008
8:43 AM

Post #4549398

I'd love to go to a rave...
My sale was only o.k.
It was however a day in the nursery, deadheading, de-dead-leafing, topping up pots, fertilising, eco-oiling, dipeling, and sweeping/raking up debri, so it was worth it getting the place into shape. I also met some nice people, and hopefully they will be back after getting such a bargain!
I also dug up, cleaned, devided and repotted some long lost bromeliads that were being smothered by something green in the garden, and also potted some cuttings bought home from jobs through the week. So all in all a productive day.
Then DH and I got on the turps and took the dogs to the beach, had fish and chips, came home and went to bed at 7am! I must've woken up 10 times in the night, wondering if it was morning yet! It was a long night!
Your arrangement with the protea and pearls is gorgeous terry, I obviously need more days off!
Pupil, show us your frog, and like Terry, is it real? I can't wait to see what your bulbs are!
I like Adeles arrangement in post 4535294. I think ti looks very professional, including the photo!
So whats our theme for Garden club?

Thumbnail by weed_woman

pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

February 17, 2008
3:16 PM

Post #4549967

Terri, thanks for the cocktail. I needed that. I worked so hard on Friday, at my job (ugh), that I slept from Friday night until This morning. To explain a bit, I think ya'll know I work construction. I am the Supervisor of the job and just line everything up and make sure the crew is doing their job. Friday, I was caught up and thought, hey, I'll help with clean up. The roof had just been torn off a 30 unit apartment building. I shoveled, swept and dumped shingles all day. Now, for those who don't know me, I am all of 5'3" and 95 lbs soaking wet.

I could not move Saturday, so decided to sleep ALL DAY!!

Weed, what is that gorgeous flower?

The real frog kept eating my flowers, so I went to a floral shop and asked what a frog was. They told me and boy did I feel stupid.

In the pic: 1. sand 2.cloth covered wire 3. white sea glass 4. sticky rhinestones (I loved the rubies, Terri) 5. more oasis 6. raffia 7. water picks 8. 2 small frogs

my new vases will be over in containers.

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

February 17, 2008
5:44 PM

Post #4550627

Hi Sue,
Sounds like you have been super dooper busy! All those jobs you mentioned, I can't wait for our weather to warm up so I can get on with gardening! Feels like I've been hibernating for months.
Love that flower, is it a brom? a beautiful colour. I'm sure the customers who got bargains will be back Sue! I would be a regular at your stall! It's great you can get cuttings from your gardening jobs, more plants for free!
None the wiser with the flower club theme, Karma will let us know when she has time I'm sure!

Hi Traci,
Glad to hear you chillaxed on sat!
All that floral stuff must have cost you a few bob! I see you got the posh expensive frogs!! Those are the heavy metal frogs!! no not Bon Jovi (gorgeous).
Now you have all the ingredients to make lovely things Trac, I'm looking forward to it!!!!!!
Wonder what you are going to do with the sand and raffia?

diggerette
Brooklyn, NY
(Zone 7a)

February 18, 2008
12:52 AM

Post #4552232

Hi All, rave on! and thanks for the compliments

Sue,What gorgeous flower is that!? I want that plant. Do you think it would grow indoors?

Pupil, Don't feel stupid. I say, A frog is a stupid name. It should be called flower placer or container with many holes.Here's a site that shows a women's collection of frogs. http://www.angelfire.com/ky2/mbmobley/

Terri, Thank you for the cocktail and your boundless creative energy. Your arrangements are amazing!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

February 18, 2008
1:06 AM

Post #4552327

Hi Adele.
Thanks for that frog link, They are not the usual frogs that I know! It's interesting to see what other people use.
Thankyou for saying the nicest things, I do appreciate it.
Are your roses still looking lovely? What plans have you got for them next?!!

diggerette
Brooklyn, NY
(Zone 7a)

February 18, 2008
1:42 AM

Post #4552565

Hi Terri,
I thought the frog link was interesting too. There is such a wide range of frogs. It's funny to see what people collect.
The roses are all droopy. So, I'm going to take them a part, press them and then, I guess, I'll make something from them.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

February 18, 2008
2:12 AM

Post #4552705

Good idea, are you going to keep a couple whole and air dry them? Do you have a flower press or will it be a phone book job?!! It takes six weeks to dry them, long wait to see what becomes of them then!!!!!!!
need a coffee refil over here!

Anyone got any plans for this week?
weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

February 18, 2008
4:24 AM

Post #4553452

Hello you guys! The pretty flowers are Miltonia goodale moir "Golden Wonder" A type of orchid, and yes you probly can grow them indoors in a morning sun window with water misting through summer. Hey, If I can grow an Orchid, anyone can! They usually don't last when I get them!
I had no idea those are what frogs are? The ones with pins/spikes are called pinholders here and the others, well, who knows. Being Australia they've probly been abbreviated anyway! FGs or something.
My plans for this week? Suck it and see, I reckon! It all depends on the weather!
So pupil, when you say your vases will be over in containers, do you mean there is a container thread? Nevermind, I'll venture over and check it out. (lurker alert)
You gotta look after yourself, leave the heavy work for the blokes i say!
Now don't tell anyone I've been here, as I'm over my self imposed allocated computer time! I'll be off then.
Chaio (?)
Sue
P.s my kinda frog!

Thumbnail by weed_woman

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

February 18, 2008
6:46 PM

Post #4555944

Hi sue,
Your secret is safe with me, come over to the cafe anytime! Hey I don't like the sound of this allocated computer time!
We have all got used to having you around and would miss you terribly, no joke.
I'm looking forward to your tropical oasis for the flower club, you have lovely tropical plants. What are the rest of us going to do?!!!!! It's still winter.
I call those pin holders too, not frogs!! love your little frog on the flowerpot.

see my plastic frog, next to the pin holder.

pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

February 18, 2008
9:08 PM

Post #4556570

Went back to Micheals to get, of all things Dig, a flower press. Pretty funny when I saw you were about to do yours. Unfortunately, that is not all I walked out with. Let's see, I got some wired silver beads, wired ribbon, waterproof tape, two more vases, two little tin buckets, expandable cracked ice and corsage pins. Now, if I would just do something with those flowers!!

They were labeled metal frogs? I loved that website!

stumpenursery
Florence, AL

February 19, 2008
1:18 AM

Post #4557624

Traci, you are everywhere.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

February 19, 2008
2:08 AM

Post #4557798

Hi Traci,
Looks like you got another load of goodies. I wonder what the cracked ice will be like?, I haven't used that before.
Love those tin buckets, so cute. Thanks for showing us what you got.
I was having a wander around the garden today and noticed some of my day lilies are up, I think that is what some of your bulbs are.

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

February 19, 2008
3:03 AM

Post #4558043

Coffee anyone?

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

February 19, 2008
3:10 AM

Post #4558063

or a cup of tea?

diggerette
Brooklyn, NY
(Zone 7a)

February 19, 2008
6:03 PM

Post #4560332

Umm, I think I'll take some tea,please.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

February 19, 2008
6:39 PM

Post #4560446

Hi everyone,
Big Liverpool game tonight Traci, I know you will be interested! We play Inter Milan, I'm going to my brother's house to watch it. See you later.
Hi Adele, Cheers! hope there's some coffee on by the time I get back!!

weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

February 19, 2008
8:46 PM

Post #4560912

Yeah, and like I care! LOL :)
Hi pupil, love the flower press! Its really pretty! What does cracked ice do (melt?)
I'll have a cup of tea please Terry. White and one!
I made some small arrangements, but I rushed them, so nothing too fancy, more like just a bunch of flowers in a vessel!
Physostegia, onion/chive flowers, liriope flowers and leaves

Thumbnail by weed_woman

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

February 20, 2008
2:14 AM

Post #4562335

Hi Sue,
That is BEAUTIFUL! love the spring colours, soooooo pretty.
Like the way you have kept the colours seperate and layered, woohoo, nice, very nice. Thankyou!
I'm sure you are dying to know that Liverpool won 2-0 and it was very very good.
Oh and I missed you this morning, by the way!
diggerette
Brooklyn, NY
(Zone 7a)

February 20, 2008
3:32 AM

Post #4562776

Oops, I forgot to make you fresh coffee, sorry Terri. I love your design,especially the way you rolled the leaves. I really have to remember to do that.
Sue, Your flowers in the vessel are lovely. Beautiful flowers make for a beautiful arrangement. There is something so great about a purple and white floral design. I love it!! Coincidentally, I also did a purple and white arrangement today.

Thumbnail by diggerette

weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

February 20, 2008
11:01 AM

Post #4563449

Pussy willow and stattice Adele? Lovely.
Did you say something about scores terry? All I heard was bzzzzz bzzzzz bzzzzz bzzzz. LOL ;)
This is holly fern and shrimp plants, (gutatta something or other) Not alot of time spent on this one!

Thumbnail by weed_woman

diggerette
Brooklyn, NY
(Zone 7a)

February 20, 2008
1:22 PM

Post #4563729

Hi Sue,Great combination. You didn't need to spend a lot of time with these two plants. They are perfect for each other in colors and shape. One is swishing up and one is swishing down. I wanted something swishing down with my pussy willow and statice design but I didn't know what to get for that effect. Any ideas? Also, can I dry the pussy willow and statice standing up like that or do I have to hang them upside down in a dark closet for a couple of weeks?
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

February 21, 2008
12:51 AM

Post #4566236

Hi everyone, Yay! new arrangements, Thankyou.

Adele, your arrangement is really fresh and pretty. I like the layering with the flowers and the way the line goes from the bottom of the vase to the top of the willow. The proportions with the vase work very well.
I usually leave the statice in an empty vase to dry. I haven't tried pussy willow. Funny, I nearly bought some of that yesterday! Maybe some ivy for the swishing down effect?

Sue, you are developing your own dramatic style and I think it is brilliant.
It doesn't matter how long or short it took to make, it looks great!

weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

February 21, 2008
9:58 AM

Post #4567616

Thanks you pair.
I always hang the stattice, but I'm not sure about the willow, maybe try some hanging and some standing and let us know how it goes. I suspect the buds will fall off though, but maybe you could glue them back on very carefully later?
Ivy sounds like a great idea Terry.
diggerette
Brooklyn, NY
(Zone 7a)

February 21, 2008
12:39 PM

Post #4567821

Hi All,
Thank you Sue and Terri. Sorry Sue, where are my manners that I didn't thank you yesterday for your compliment.:)
Ivy does sound good. Can ivy be dried? I took the water out yesterday and already the statice feels like its dried and the pussywillow looks good! I have a special fondness for pussywillow because they remind me of my childhood. It seemed like everybody in the neighborhood had an pussywillow arrangement. It must have been a fad in the 60's.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

February 23, 2008
3:51 AM

Post #4575771

Hi everyone,
Adele, I know you can press ivy, but I think just left to dry it would shrivel up. It probably needs a dip in some solution like glycerene, really not sure.

Missing you! Karma, Star and Marcia, hope you are all ok?

My sister in law came to stay for a couple of days, I haven't had a chance to add to the cafe!
Got some spring flowers to bring in later.
Ivy used to swish down with these roses and snowdrops.

diggerette
Brooklyn, NY
(Zone 7a)

February 23, 2008
1:17 PM

Post #4576661

Good morning All,

Hi Terri. I think your roses,sundrops and ivy are lovely!
I'll look into the ivy dipping.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

February 24, 2008
1:20 AM

Post #4579484

Hi everyone,
Hope you are all having a nice chillaxing weekend, raving again are we?!!

Just popping in with some fresh spring arrangements,

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

February 24, 2008
1:33 AM

Post #4579551

pink broom, wax flower carnations and bear grass

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

February 24, 2008
1:48 AM

Post #4579611

coffee pot with grasses

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

February 24, 2008
1:52 AM

Post #4579626

dried grass, broom and bear grass

karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

February 24, 2008
1:54 AM

Post #4579635

Hi everyone. Sorry been MIA, but been admiring all your creations quietly. They are really beautiful. Terri, I haven't seen genista (?) in a long time. Lovely!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

February 24, 2008
3:12 AM

Post #4579975

Hi karma, Thankyou.
I don't know the names of any grasses! They came from the South African mix that I got a while ago.
Very delicate stems and very easy to break.
Lovely to see you in the cafe, have you come to work?!!!
Just leave me in the kitchen making teas, coffees, cakes, arrangements... Lol.

Oh by the way Sue, Liverpool won again today. It was a really good game and Torres scored a hatrick again!
3-1 was the final score, I know you pretend not to care but really you are a Liverpool fan!!!!!!!!!!

Twinkle twinkle little STAR how I wonder where you are?!!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

February 24, 2008
4:27 AM

Post #4580220

Rescued Polyanthus... these were outside droopy and almost dead! I removed all the old leaves repotted into some ceramic/terracotta pots and put them on the kitchen window ledge, they are flowering well now.
I think they will look nice in the cafe.

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

February 24, 2008
4:29 AM

Post #4580225

Lots of flowers.

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

February 24, 2008
4:34 AM

Post #4580244

Sue requested pink oasis cake!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

February 24, 2008
4:46 AM

Post #4580295

Jug with... fern, wax flower,hyacinth,carnattions

weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

February 24, 2008
4:46 AM

Post #4580298

Mmmm, thaty looks scrumptious Terry! I'll have it with my cup of tea.
I love all your previous arrangements and am especially fond of grasses.
The Polyanthus look great. They suit the cafe really well.
If this is what you lot can do in winter, I can't wait for spring!
Sue
Foxgloves, Gallipoli heath, verbena, onion flowers, asparagus fern

Thumbnail by weed_woman

weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

February 24, 2008
4:47 AM

Post #4580300

snap
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

February 24, 2008
4:57 AM

Post #4580348

Yay! springtime at the cafe...
Have a nice Sunday!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

February 24, 2008
5:10 AM

Post #4580408

snap!

Hi Sue,
Thankyou,
Beautiful,and such fresh spring colours! Lovely shape too. I don't know Gallipoli heath, it looks pretty.
No wonder your Hubby likes your arrangements, so do I.
I didn't imagine you as a bow type of gal!!!!!!
Thankyou for adding to our spring collection, please pop in with more anytime!
weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

February 24, 2008
8:06 AM

Post #4580828

Hi Terry, I'm not really into bow's, but the vase looked too long and too blue, so I cut it in half with a ribbon. Gallipoli Heath is Physostegia, or Obedient plant. I love it!
A close up for you Terry.
Sue

Thumbnail by weed_woman

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

February 24, 2008
6:51 PM

Post #4582409

Oh lovely! I have heard of Obedient plant!, funny how we know our plants by different names!
Those colours really work well together, romantic!
It's nice to see the whole display for the shape, and a close up to see the flower detail, Thanks!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

February 25, 2008
2:58 AM

Post #4584401

I like your idea, ... decorating a plane vase!
It's nice to have a connection with the arrangement and the vase in some way.
I'm experimenting with vase decoration! and linking the arrangement with the container.

Here I used, A few twigs of broom from the garden, these were placed in a 'pod' of two amarylis leaves.
Wax flower, bear grass and unknown yellow heather type plant from a South African mixed bunch.
I used the bear grass to make stripes on the vase.

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

February 25, 2008
3:01 AM

Post #4584421

Here it is!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

February 25, 2008
3:06 AM

Post #4584445

Have a good week everyone!

weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

February 25, 2008
6:01 AM

Post #4585036

OOooooh, nice one Terry. That works well, the bear grass on the vase! I might have to adopt that more often , tying in teh container with the arrangement.
The one I made with Mother-in-laws tongue, Rhoeo and spanish moss still looks like new, only the elephant ears went to god! I reckon it will last forever.
Sue
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

February 25, 2008
1:54 PM

Post #4585606

Wow have ya'll been busy!! I don't have the finger strength to comment on all, but everything looks wonderful. Teensy goes to her father's today, so I will be back in action this week.

Terri, I have tried twice and killed Polyanthus but I LOVE them so much!!

This message was edited Feb 25, 2008 7:14 PM
diggerette
Brooklyn, NY
(Zone 7a)

February 25, 2008
8:48 PM

Post #4587199

Sue, Great job! I love the colors and all your flowers are so pretty. I'm also growing foxglove this year. It's such a magnificient plant.

Terri, Beautiful, beautiful,beautiful,and oh yes, beautiful, all of them! I definitely have to grow some bear grass. It can really add so much drama to a piece
stumpenursery
Florence, AL

February 25, 2008
9:46 PM

Post #4587447

Traci, this is for you.

Thumbnail by stumpenursery

pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

February 25, 2008
11:19 PM

Post #4587811

That is GORGEOUS! I love the callalilies. The one you gave me is just about to open. I dare not cut it as I want to see it in bloom for a long time. (smiley) There is a new shoot growing on it, however. Yay!

I am going to try to do my tropical oasis tonight. Cross your fingers!!

More "odd foliage" in the yard. Note how large this leaf is. I took a bunch of pictures for you, Pam, and will D-mail them later. Come on down to Birmingham!!

starlight1153
Seale, AL
(Zone 8b)

February 26, 2008
12:06 AM

Post #4588034

She still stuck down the highway about a hundred miles tryign to get home with no coffee. Agggggg . Been a couple of weeks from down under and don't mean Australia either. Woudl love to be relaxign ther e right now.

Finally time to sit back a minute relax and sneak aroudn the cafe and see what everybody been up too.

So many beautiful arrangements. Fell in love with the pinks , then seen the purples and went ohhhhhhh, loved them too then saw the white Callas and sighed all over again.

What is onion flowers? Do they smell like onions?

Been out tryign to clean up plants from cold snap and then too much rain at one time and trying to get my plants to bloom sagain so I can play and now the weathe rman tells me we got soem more coming tommorrow all day and then it gonan freeze again.

Diggerette.. If you find out where to buy some bear grass, please let me know. I haven't been able to find it and love the way it looks and all what ya can do with it in arrangements.

Hugs to everybody and hope everybody else doign ok!!!!!!!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

February 26, 2008
2:22 AM

Post #4588652

Hi everyone.
Thankyou all for enjoying the cafe, it's much more fun when you are all here!!!!!!
Traci, you are lucky to have such a generous friend bringing you flowers to the cafe! Actually I was here to take the delivery, sorry finders keepers!!!! please may we keep them at the cafe, they do add a touch of elegance and class!.
Nice to see you Star! We missed you at the flower club last week.
I got some daffs today ... little pot of tea anyone?

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

February 26, 2008
2:28 AM

Post #4588685

I'm still playing with my bear grass, following the pattern on the vase.
daffodil and asparagus fern.

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

February 26, 2008
2:33 AM

Post #4588719

3 daffs

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

February 26, 2008
2:37 AM

Post #4588744

Daffs in blue vase with twisted willow and bear grass

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

February 26, 2008
2:42 AM

Post #4588772

twisted willow and bear grass nest with peeled carnation buds ... eggs!

diggerette
Brooklyn, NY
(Zone 7a)

February 26, 2008
2:47 AM

Post #4588787

Hey Terri, I'll take some tea. Lovely pot of flowers! Cute eggs!
This is a picture of bear grass that came up when I goggled bear grass seeds. I'm confused it doesn't look like your bear grass. Does bear grass have another name?

Thumbnail by diggerette

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

February 26, 2008
3:17 AM

Post #4588922

Hi Adele,
I only know it as bear grass, but it isn't like your picture! There is also steel grass, but it is not as flexible. Good for geometric shapes and weaving though.
Thankyou, see you tomorrow?!! hey missed you yesterday...

Take a seat and enjoy your tea!

weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

February 26, 2008
9:05 AM

Post #4589623

Hi Star, hope you're keeping warm! I'll send you some of our sunshine as its rather warm when its not raining! Onion flowers come off a chive/shallot/onion type bulb that can be eaten, and yes, they do smell like onion, so not nice on the sniffer!
Thanks for compliments on my flowers!
Terry, I love the single Daf, and the grass really does set off the vase. I think you've stumbled onto something!
Pupil, what makes you so special that you get flowers delivered to the cafe? No fair, where's mine? I can't wait to see what you've got in your garden. I saw earlier in the thread you are going through a divorce. Congratulations! I hope you are happier without him!
Hi Adele, I'd never heard of Bear grass untill this forum, so I'm waiting for you lot to give me the answers on that one. Is it in DGs Plantfiles?
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

February 26, 2008
1:51 PM

Post #4590084

OK, I was just going to read and post later, but Sue, that has to be THE BEST way anyone has addressed the divorce. I laughed out loud! Thanks for starting my day right. I am off to work, but will be back soon.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

February 26, 2008
9:46 PM

Post #4592127

Hi Everyone,

Sue, Shame ...no flowers delivered for you!!!!!!!!!! Lol

me neither... !!!!!!!! Lol

stumpenursery
Florence, AL

February 26, 2008
10:01 PM

Post #4592206

Okay the flowers I sent Traci can be for everyone, just thought she needed a pick-me-up.

I guess everybody deserve a bouquet from time to time..
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

February 26, 2008
10:12 PM

Post #4592256

Thankyou Stumpenursery, you are very generous and they are beautiful.
I wasn't hinting, just joking with Sue!
diggerette
Brooklyn, NY
(Zone 7a)

February 27, 2008
12:22 AM

Post #4592955

Terri, Could you please look at DG plant files and tell me which one is the bear grass you use? There were so many grasses by that name. I would really appreciate it. Thanks
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

February 27, 2008
12:35 AM

Post #4593047

Adele, your picture must be the flower from bear grass. Look at this pic of the leaves http://plant-life.org/Liliaceae/large/xero_ten_lg.htm
Plant files http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/2216/

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

February 27, 2008
12:50 AM

Post #4593147

Hi Adele and Karma,
You beat me to it Karma! I was going to say it is Xerophyllum Tenax, and your picture is of it in flower. I haven't seen it flower before!
diggerette
Brooklyn, NY
(Zone 7a)

February 27, 2008
2:10 AM

Post #4593696

Thanks, It's a wonderful plant. I ordered a couple of them. happy, happy ,joy ,joy!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

February 27, 2008
3:05 AM

Post #4594055

Happy new plaque for the cafe!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

February 27, 2008
7:00 AM

Post #4594819

Good Morning Everyone!

'SPECIAL DELIVERY' for Sue.

Have a great day.

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

February 27, 2008
8:32 PM

Post #4597123

A selection of Teas available at the cafe.

diggerette
Brooklyn, NY
(Zone 7a)

February 28, 2008
2:08 AM

Post #4598529

Hi Terri, Did you feel the earthquake?
weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

February 28, 2008
8:18 AM

Post #4599631

Hi all, It's just beginning to storm. I have a few emails and things to do tonight, but will catch up with you lot later if I can and fill you in.
Sue
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

February 28, 2008
8:22 AM

Post #4599636

Terri and Sue, hope all is well in your part of the world.
weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

February 28, 2008
9:07 AM

Post #4599653

I'm back. My father in law was diagnosed with throat cancer about 2 years ago. He undertook radiation and Chemotherapy. The opperation was a complete success and he was sent home with a feed tube until his throat healed. 18 months later, after numerous visits to the quack, and constant assurances that there is no return of the cancer, even though he was suffering excruciating headaches and still couldn't eat, they said "Whoops" you still have cancer! I don't know how or why, but it has had 18 months to grow and he underwent an opperation from 8am yesterday until 1.30am this morning. They removed his voice box and most of his tongue, and at this stage, don't know if he will ever eat again, or if he has enough tongue to form words through an electronic device.
He's the lovliest old bloke (70) and apparently is doing well, conscious, but not yet aware as to the extent of the surgery. So in a nutshell, I have to ring/email some people with the news, as it all happenede pretty quickly. I know you will all send your best wishes, and those that pray, feel free to do so. I'll be back in the Cafe probly Saturday, as Dh has been away all week down in Sydney with his Dad, and gets home tomorrow, so i can't very well be playing on the puta now can I?
See you all soon
Sue
My contribution ( living plant sculpture!)

Thumbnail by weed_woman

stumpenursery
Florence, AL

February 28, 2008
1:25 PM

Post #4599988

weed_woman so sorry

These flowers are for you, took in my yard yesterday.

Pam

Thumbnail by stumpenursery

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

February 28, 2008
4:05 PM

Post #4600739

Hi Sue, So sorry to hear your news. Take care, I love your purple flower.

Hi Adele and Karma, I'm fine thanks. The earth didn't move move here!

Hi Pam, Nice daffs, mine haven't opened yet. What else have you got coming up?
The snowdrops are still flowering in my garden today.

stumpenursery
Florence, AL

February 28, 2008
4:08 PM

Post #4600754

The daffs are it for right now, I wish everything would hurry up. As you can tell I'm impatient.LOL
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

February 28, 2008
4:23 PM

Post #4600831

I know what you mean, I can't wait either! LOL
I have one sweet scabious flower, strange! it usually flowers in May.

diggerette
Brooklyn, NY
(Zone 7a)

February 28, 2008
4:38 PM

Post #4600908

Hi Sue, So sorry to hear about your father in law.

Terri, I'm glad to hear you're O.K.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

February 28, 2008
4:55 PM

Post #4600982

Hi Adele, I've been helping Annie get her portfolio organised, she has her interview for Art school today!
Did you do the colour project with your class yet?
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

February 28, 2008
5:50 PM

Post #4601210

Hey ya'll,
DH had the internet, phone and cable turned off, so I have been out of it. It should be fixed tomorrow, BY HIM!!

Sue, my prayers are with you.

Terri, my pincushion flower has not stopped blooming all winter. It has amazed me!

Adele, Karma, Star, and Pam HI!!

Longer post when I don't have to pay for it! :^)

Love,
Traci
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

February 28, 2008
7:05 PM

Post #4601549

Hi Traci, Sorry to hear about your internet trouble, hope it's sorted out soon.
I found a poly flowering!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

February 28, 2008
7:07 PM

Post #4601557

Ribes (flowering currant) just starting to open...

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

February 28, 2008
7:11 PM

Post #4601570

Forsythia flowering ..

stumpenursery
Florence, AL

February 28, 2008
7:12 PM

Post #4601573

Traci, Kick him to the curb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Would say more but that would be ugly.
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

February 29, 2008
12:24 AM

Post #4602581

LOL. Don't have time to chat as I am on a friend's computer, but thanks. Love that, Pam!!
diggerette
Brooklyn, NY
(Zone 7a)

February 29, 2008
3:12 AM

Post #4603341

Hi All!

Terri, No, we still didn't make a color wheel or use complimentary colors. But is still on my agenda. I'll send you pictures when we do it.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

February 29, 2008
5:18 PM

Post #4605041

Hi Adele, yes its a 2 week project really, thanks for letting me know.

Happy weekend everyone!
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

February 29, 2008
8:25 PM

Post #4605699

Hi, still not up yet. Looks like it will be the first of next week. More later (at the library right now). I am going everywhere to use the internet. LOL.
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

March 2, 2008
7:48 AM

Post #4611699

Howdy!

Well, I have come to the conclusion that I am a jinx. NO JOKE! I believe someone has put a curse on me.

Today, I went with another DGer to the Nashville Lawn and Garden show. WOW, was it fantastic!! I got a banana tree, corkscrew rush, my first named Daylilies, my first named Irises, some air plants to use in a terrarium, Black Magic elephant ears, passion vine and who knows what else. More on that later.

I also found a little antique store vendor who was selling pins/frogs (which I read in a floral arrangement book that they are called both). I bought a medium sized one about 4" in diameter. It is very heavy and well made. I also bought pussy willow and I believe corkscrew willow is the name of the other. Sounds great, no?

I drop the other DGer off at his car and get back on the interstate. Standstill!! Not a car was moving. So, I called another DGer friend of mine. Right as I was telling her what I did today BAM, I am hit from behind.

Now let me tell ya, I am driving one of my father's construction trucks. It is an extended cab, utility truck with three tool boxes and a ladder rack...pretty tough. The entire truck bed is warped, as the car that hit me went UNDER mine. I have been in my share of accidents, but never been hurt. Not so lucky this time. I was sitting still and the car that hit me was going 75 to 80 miles per hours, per her admission. I thought I was ok until I collapsed from dizziness. When she hit me, my air bag did not go off and my chin smacked the steering wheel. I got my first ambulance ride. To end this part, I am ok and she is ok. They were very worried as I...um...ralphed and my blood pressure dropped. I am pretty sore and ended up with a strained neck, which is basically whiplash. I am on drugs right now, but am I gonna hurt tomorrow!!

BUT here is the worst part. I say this with all sincerity, the MORON state trooper, whilst I laid on the ground, said he needed my proof of insurance. WHAT!! DO YOU SEE ME ON THE GROUND?!?! The ambulance comes and they neck brace and IV me. While in the ambulance, the same MORON had my truck towed without asking if I needed anything out of it. Firstly, my house key would have been nice!! Secondly, um...the TROPICAL plants I bought that day would have been great since it is getting down into the low 30's!! Thirdly, he STILL gave me a ticket for not getting my insurance card to him. I asked him how I could, lying in the ambulance with no truck in site. He said that was my problem. NICE!! So, to end this sad tale, which has become laughable to me, I had to break a small window to unlock my door and get inside.

Terri, I was at the hospital and my best friend, Ted, came to stay with me. He brought his laptop for me to use and I tried THREE times D-mail this to you. I was so drugged up, I failed all three times. Ted was rolling!!

Sorry so long, but I had to share this with friends who would truly understand the main complaint, not the injuries or the ticket, but the PLANTS!! I will never forgive officer MORON for that injustice!!

P.S. Took pics with my camera phone. When I figure out how to e-mail them, I will give you all a good laugh!!
weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

March 2, 2008
9:07 AM

Post #4611744

Oh Pupil, you poor thing! What an "A"hole that officer is! I'd write a letter of complaint to the department!
I hope you are o.k in the long term. Thank goodness for drugs!
So have you seen your plants? Did you manage to get someone to save them for you? I sure hope so!
My Mum is gas bagging to me on the phone as I write this. I can't get a word in, and its all crap anyway, but I suppose I should actually listen instead of just saying, "yeah", "yes" "uh-huh" and so on.
I hope you feel better soon, and make sure you write that letter!
Sue

Thumbnail by weed_woman

pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

March 2, 2008
3:00 PM

Post #4612213

I won't get the poor things until this afternoon. I know there was potting soil all in the floor board. I don't think it will be a pretty sight! Some friends of mine in a band wrote a song, "Thank god for the Pills" and I AGREE!!

I was LMAO when I read your post, Sue. I thought you were talking about the flower MUM. Took me a second. I mean I talk to my plants, but I sure don't call them on the phone.

My poor plants!!
stumpenursery
Florence, AL

March 2, 2008
4:01 PM

Post #4612417

Traci, why didn't you call me, I could have come to you. OMG
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

March 2, 2008
7:44 PM

Post #4613182

Oh Traci, Thank goodness you are ok, So Sorry to hear all that terrible ordeal you have been through.
Hi Sue, nice to see you and hear all is well.
Back later ...

Oh it's Mother's Day here, do you have that in America today?

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY to all the MUMS in the world!
starlight1153
Seale, AL
(Zone 8b)

March 3, 2008
12:38 AM

Post #4614145

Well Happy Mum's day to those overseas. Yes we have Mothers Day here , but it not until May 11th.

I would not pay that ticket for sure. I would go to court and tell the judge how crazy that officer was, you were the injured party bein taken in ambulance and he wants insurance card. How dumb!
diggerette
Brooklyn, NY
(Zone 7a)

March 3, 2008

Post #4614509

Happy Mother's Day!

Traci, Get well soon!

Does anybody know what this plant is?

Thumbnail by diggerette

diggerette
Brooklyn, NY
(Zone 7a)

March 3, 2008
1:58 AM

Post #4614516

Here are the roots. i wan't to know if it's friend or foe.

Thumbnail by diggerette

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

March 3, 2008
2:18 AM

Post #4614618

Hi star and Adele, Thankyou!
I had a lovely day, breakfast in bed, with an arrangement of garden forsythia which was cellotaped together, funny!!
coffee's all day, no moaning! nice roast dinner cooked by hubby and friends came to visit with their two kids.

Adele, it looks a bit like a fushia leaf, but I couldn't be 100% sure.

Get well soon Traci!
Sue, snap on the Mum thing! What is that beautiful white flower?
weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

March 3, 2008
8:12 AM

Post #4615742

Hi all,
Happy mothers day Terri, it's on the second sunday in may in Australia, so you'll have to celebrate it without us. Did you get some nice flowers?
My white flower is Kahili ginger. It smells gorgeous!
Hi Adele, I don't know what your plant is either, but it sure has a good size root on it!
Hi Star, how the weather for you? Is it warming up yet?
Hi Pupil. I hope you're feeling better, or at least not running out of drugs! LOL. Yeah, i talk to my plants too, but my Mum rings once in awhile and I never get a word in! I don't know why she bothers.
I might try to get my little flower arrangement done in the morning. I haven't had much time for anything while I'm working a REAL job. LOL.
I'll be back on tomorrow.
See ya!
Sue

Thumbnail by weed_woman

haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

March 3, 2008
1:52 PM

Post #4616181

Sure missed all the happenings while at the cabin for 24 hours. A lot sure happens overnight.
Traci, what a horrible chain of events. I would certainly argue the ticket if you have the opportunity. Just remember how well I said my forsythia did after that one year of trauma, so am thinking your plants probably have all been traumatized into a wonderful year of blooms for you to enjoy and that will be the upside to all of this having happened.
Mum's day down your way. Sounds like you had an enjoyable one "breakfast in bed" is always a wonderful treat.
Hoping to soon have poseys in our gardens to share but for now enjoy seeing all of yours.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

March 5, 2008
12:35 AM

Post #4623220

Hi everyone,
I have had a busy week so far! Hope you are all keeping well.
Traci, hope you are on the mend and get your internet back on soon!

Sue,
Your ginger is really beautiful! What is the white flower in your last picture?!
I told the girls not to buy me any of the rip off bouquets or basket arrangements that the shops were stocking before mothers day. The fancy wrapping and bows just distract you from the fact that there are hardly any flowers in them.
They gave me a little Hydranga plant! It is in a tiny pot, I need to buy some erecacious compost and re-pot it.
For now I put it in a little basket with some of our rabbits hay to hide the pot.
We missed you at the flower club, hope you can make it with your miniature before we move on to the next theme!
(tomorrow).

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

March 5, 2008
12:40 AM

Post #4623241

A special welcome brew for Candee!
Nice to see you at the cafe!

weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

March 5, 2008
10:34 AM

Post #4624677

Hi Terri, sorry i haven't been around. I've been run off my feet! It's 9.30pm and I'm having my first sit down, even though I still have alot to do. It'll all be there tomorrow
The little white flowers are some kind of water lily, I forget the name. When they are fully open, they look like little fluffy white stars! Really cute.
I made some banana and date muffins for the cafe today. Enjoy (I did)

Thumbnail by weed_woman

haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

March 5, 2008
12:38 PM

Post #4624837

At this time of morn those muffins and my welcome cup of java are mighty nice welcomes! Thanks for sharing, I'll be back when I have finished sipping, nibbling and daydreaming. Oops, forgot I am at work!
Candee
starlight1153
Seale, AL
(Zone 8b)

March 5, 2008
3:04 PM

Post #4625335

Ah fresh muffins! ( hides my piece of cold wheat toast under plate edge and helps myself to warm muffins) : ) Thanks.

digger it too hard to see in the pic th eexact shape and color of the leaves. Can ya get a better pic maybe standign back from it so it's colors come out and shape clearier. Without gettign a good see, looks almost like an ajuga, but can't say for sure at all without better pic. If it is an ajuga it good for butterflies and , soil retion and such and they uite expensive little plants to buy.

The past four days it been sweat runnign down into your eyes and face days and today we back to sweaters, ski hats and shiverign and gonan get worse for the weekend, back into the teens, so i gotta go to store later and get more plastic to make mini hoop houses to try and protect what all coming up again.

If they ain't frozen gonna go out and collect a small bouet for the cafe, cuz they sure aint gonan be alive after sunday night.

Did get some happy news yesterday. Some Dahlia tubers I ordered wil be arrivign tommorrow. Yah ho can't wait to give them a try.

Everybody have a good day. : )

diggerette
Brooklyn, NY
(Zone 7a)

March 5, 2008
9:43 PM

Post #4626726

Hi Star, Here's another picture.I hope you know what it is,

Thumbnail by diggerette

diggerette
Brooklyn, NY
(Zone 7a)

March 5, 2008
9:44 PM

Post #4626728

another view

Thumbnail by diggerette

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

March 6, 2008
2:49 AM

Post #4628016

Hi all,
Sue, those Banana muffins look delicious! Thankyou! How do you have time to bake? sounds like you are rushed off your feet this week.
I haven't seen a water lily like that before, your plants are so different, love the 'swamp'!!

Hi Candee, nice to have you here for your morning break at the cafe. I don't have a computer at work, good job really!!

Hi Star, Poor you coping with the up and down weather and all your plants, it must be hectic. What Dahlias have you ordered?
I think you have Adele's plant! it could be Ajuga, I was thinking it could be Beginia, they do have those tubers.Hope you know what it is because Adele's mystery plant is bugging me!!
I really hope your flowers don't get frozen.

Hi Adele, hope you find out what your plant is!
Get well soon Traci, miss you!

diggerette
Brooklyn, NY
(Zone 7a)

March 6, 2008
11:55 AM

Post #4628869

Good morning all,
Terri, I think you and Star are correct. I looked at images of ajuga and it looks just like the plant I have growing at the club.
Star, Thank you!! I will let it live and flourish.
Sue, Are those muffins still available? Did you put walnuts in also? Yum.
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

March 6, 2008
5:12 PM

Post #4629810

GOT INTERNET, but now have to run out to work :^(

I'll catch up later!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

March 6, 2008
5:32 PM

Post #4629881

Adele, that's good news!

A spring arrangement from the Flower Arranger magazine.
Hi Traci, more good news..Great!!

stumpenursery
Florence, AL

March 6, 2008
9:03 PM

Post #4630591

Ya'll check this website out

http://www.twogreenthumbs.com
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

March 7, 2008
12:06 AM

Post #4631241

Hi Pam,
Thanks for the link, I like those mini gardens.
If anyone has time, it would be nice to have some in the cafe!

New vase with Daffs and Forsythia stems.

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

March 7, 2008
12:12 AM

Post #4631275

Another view, adding to our spring collection at the cafe...

diggerette
Brooklyn, NY
(Zone 7a)

March 7, 2008
1:25 AM

Post #4631582

Thanks stumpenursery. It looks like a fun hobby.
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

March 7, 2008
1:59 AM

Post #4631747

OK, definitely can't comment on it all!! Wow, ya'll have been busy.

Pam, thanks, I think I have a new obsession. LOL. I could create a Teensy garden. She would love it!!

Love the vase (I have one similar) and the arrangement is awesome, Terri.

Sue, I want your climate!

Star, isn't Alabama's weather crazy. Was it two tornado warnings in a week, plus a couple of weeks before, one did come through. Killed a lady in Leeds (about 20 minutes from me, for those who don't know Alabama). Cold this weekend, warming up next week and dropping again. I would bring in my daff's growing outside, but there is never more than one at a time. They either get frost bit or blown away.

Welcome Candee!!

Hey Adele!

Where's Karma?

The latest daff to bloom in the back. It is much different than the other. Any ideas Star?

diggerette
Brooklyn, NY
(Zone 7a)

March 7, 2008
11:57 AM

Post #4633064

Good Morning Everyone,

Hi Terri, I don't know why I didn't see your daffodil and forsythia arrangement before. It's beautiful, very springy and full of motion. My daffodils are just beginning to come up.

Beautiful picture, Traci. Did you take it?
haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

March 7, 2008
12:37 PM

Post #4633161

Same here Adele, my daffs just showing the tips of green peeking up through the half frozen tundra LOL!
Lovely arrangement Terri, I really love the way you "bend, twist and shout"!
Traci, sounds like your climate is really tumultuous this time of year. At least around here we pretty much know what to expect. Regardless that is one fine daff you got there.
Candee
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

March 7, 2008
1:48 PM

Post #4633332

Thanks, she's mine and I did take the pic. I got a wonderful camera from a great DG friend of mine.

This is the second daff to show up. Here is a pic of the first one. My back yard is a secret garden, which even keeps secrets from me. LOL.

haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

March 7, 2008
3:27 PM

Post #4633649

I am lovin your secrets.

BTW going to Michaels tomorrow and going to get some of those kenzans. I bought some fancy metal things from a catalog that sit on top of the vase and separate the flowers, but not as great as I thought and the kenzan sounds like just what I need.

Do you slit the stem before inserting?
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

March 7, 2008
3:52 PM

Post #4633748

Hey Candee,
I just took a walk around the yard and found so many new plants. It is truly amazing and I hate to leave it. I guess that is why so much is going with me :^)

I used the frog on the tulips and the lilies. Neither one needed to be split. They just popped right on. A bit of advice, if you are going to use it in a tall vase, like I did with the tulips, arrange them first and then drop it into the water. I kept having to take it out and put it in. I would do one tulip at a time. It would have been much easier to put them all on there first. LOL.

Another Lenten rose. There are about six on the plant now.

haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

March 7, 2008
5:02 PM

Post #4634040

So pretty, my Lenten Rose are still in the bud, ready to pop phase. Thanks for the info on the kezan. I thought it may be easier to do the main arrangement and then put in vase as the one I use the most has a small bottom and wide top. Figured that would give it a start and then I can add other stuff as needed.
starlight1153
Seale, AL
(Zone 8b)

March 7, 2008
5:15 PM

Post #4634093

Hey all, just wanted to let ya know that I don't know how long I gonna be off line for.

We had storm last night and about 1:30 I jumped out of th ebed at hearing a big noise, thought my transformer had blown. The tv didnt go off, but i noticed my computer screen had somethign funky on it.

The screen was totally black and in the corner had this stuff that said, pc partial error and a whole list of things. I have a surge protector, but don't know what happened.

Stupid puter wouldnt shut off, so i unplugged it and let it rest the rest of the night, but when i plugged it back up this morning it wouldn't come on, so it at the puter place now.

Hopefully, it won't be bad and they get it back soon. So til then just have amemory bugging the back of your head for now. : )

See ya when I get back on line, Will try and check in when I at school a couple days a week.

Hugs!

haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

March 7, 2008
5:25 PM

Post #4634135

Hope it isn't too serious. Try posting on the Computer forum as their are a wealth of folks that are very puter savey!
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

March 7, 2008
7:11 PM

Post #4634526

Hey Star,
Yep it was a dozy last night. I don't know if I should were a coat or a tank top. Came through, I think, about 2:30. I am getting a little tired of all this.

Good luck with the puter and you know we will be looking for you.

Lenten after it losts it seeds? The petals are tougher and green. It is very lovely. It is from another one I have pictured first.

pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

March 7, 2008
7:12 PM

Post #4634532

After...

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

March 8, 2008
6:03 PM

Post #4638399

Hi everyone,
Thanks for the comments on my daff arrangement.
I've been watching Liverpool today, another 3-0 win (sorry Sue, I know you hate football)! How is the job going?
Traci, your daffs are so gorgeous and all different varieties, it must be lovely to see what opens next, keep showing us!!
the lenten rose is beautiful.
Star, hope your computer is fixed soon, stay warm!

Thinking of you Karma, looking after your seedlings!
Just realised I haven't made anything since Wednesday! (long time for me) better get busy!...
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

March 8, 2008
10:06 PM

Post #4639191

Rainbow tulips in glass vase with wire collar.

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

March 8, 2008
10:08 PM

Post #4639196

view from above...

pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

March 9, 2008
4:00 AM

Post #4640651

You are going to knock them dead at this month's theme, Terri! I love the colors!!
haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

March 9, 2008
4:23 PM

Post #4642046

Beautiful colors in those tulips, you will knock them dead!
starlight1153
Seale, AL
(Zone 8b)

March 12, 2008
7:49 PM

Post #4655282

Hi evrybody!!!!!!!!

Finally back on line. brought my puter home on monday and it was still broke. Finally had to go sit in his office for thre e hours today til he got me back up and running and now gotta find where everythign is and what been lost and such , but wanted topop in uick and say Hi.

Wil catch up over the weekend. Got major research report due in the morning and with no puter I so far behind and just hoping my research data hasnt been lost.

Missed ya all HUGS!!!!!!!!!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

March 13, 2008
2:19 AM

Post #4656718

Hi everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (just copying Star)!
Hope you are all keeping well? including lurkers.
I've had a mad busy week and have missed you all very much!
Next week the college where I work will close for 4 weeks easter holidays!!! I hope to sow seeds and tidy up the garden and allotment. oh and make a few arrangements!!

Star, so glad you are back online, I really hope you find your research work and manage to get your work in on time.
New menu tomorrow, any requests?

weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

March 13, 2008
9:15 AM

Post #4657649

Well, I for one would love a cup of Daffodil tea! Yum, yum. My garden is starting to slow down and there is not so much happening in the way of flowering, (well, nothing new anyway) Gotto go have a yummy dinner that DH just cooked! DH thinks that DH stands for Dick head! LOL, Can I say that in the cafe?
Sue
diggerette
Brooklyn, NY
(Zone 7a)

March 13, 2008
10:51 AM

Post #4657709

I thought the same thing. LOL Only kidding.
haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

March 13, 2008
11:27 AM

Post #4657767

Hello Star, glad to see you and hope you find everything you need for your paper on your puter. If that "expert" did what he could, it will be there somewhere for you.
Lovely yellows, never knew how much I liked that color until I came to the cafe!
DH - LOL, never thought of it that way, but say what comes to mind, don't hold back here!
diggerette
Brooklyn, NY
(Zone 7a)

March 13, 2008
12:06 PM

Post #4657829

Terri, That is a beautiful display!! You get an A++
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

March 13, 2008
2:10 PM

Post #4658236

I just love Daff's and they are so cheap here right now. Gorgeous, Terri.

Star, glad to see you back!! Hope everything goes well!

Well Sue, that means we get to make you drool for a while as you tortured us. LOL. If you see me write DH, that is EXACTLY what it stands for. :^D

More later, have to work!
ellesgh
Humansville, MO

March 13, 2008
3:02 PM

Post #4658454

hi all
how about this
i do not have live flower right now
so will these do

Thumbnail by ellesgh

pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

March 13, 2008
3:37 PM

Post #4658566

Hey Elles,
Originality and thinking outside the box will ALWAYS DO! Love it!

Glad to see you here. Come back often.

Traci
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

March 13, 2008
4:08 PM

Post #4658679

Hi everyone!
I'm still laughing about the DH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so funny! I'm sure such words are acceptable amongst friends!!
Sue, you can't fool me, your garden might be winding down but you still have fabulous plants and flowers all year round!!! Seeing as you asked for Daff tea, I will bring your order first!

Adele, you are too generous with your grading!!!! but Thankyou Miss!
Candee, so glad you are enjoying the yellows, thats all I have at the moment!

Welcome to the cafe Elle! Thankyou for our new cocktail, it looks exotic, I'm sure it will be a hit with our cafe regulars.

SUE! your tea is ready!!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

March 13, 2008
4:22 PM

Post #4658768

New Menu...
Teas, coffee, flower cakes and lemon meringue pie.

If you see anything you fancy, I'll bring it over... all donations of flowers are greatly appreciated at this cafe!

haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

March 13, 2008
5:02 PM

Post #4658903

That merinque pie has my name on it! Sorry everyone!
Fabulous!!!
Elles - looks like a mini parfait to go with all these yellow teas and such. Very cute.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

March 13, 2008
5:18 PM

Post #4658957

Hi Candee,
Good choice, freshly homemade today! oh and there's plenty to go round!

I must tell you, I am in a pickle about the sticks and stones arrangement!
It's 80mph winds, raining and really cold here. I intended to do something outside!!
I don't have many stones and I'm still trying to think of something to do.

lemon meringue pie, (for those with imagination)!!

haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

March 13, 2008
5:39 PM

Post #4659031

Oh, no you don't I claimed the entire pie!!!
Sorry to get you in a quandry, but you are ingenious and know you will come up with something unique Terri.
We have been having those high winds for months around here and wish they would go elsewhere as that chills me more than the temps.
BTW, they don't have to be rock stones; how bout "gemstones" does that idea help you?
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

March 13, 2008
5:43 PM

Post #4659047

That is a good idea, hadn't thought of gemstones! ...haven't got any!!!!!!!!!LOL
haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

March 13, 2008
5:48 PM

Post #4659069

Okay, how bout an album or CD by The Rolling Stones????????
LOL, where were these ideas Candee when I was making my arrangement! duh!

This message was edited Mar 13, 2008 1:49 PM
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

March 13, 2008
7:29 PM

Post #4659355

Cool idea, rock chick! The first album I ever bought was called 'black and blue' by the Rolling stones!!
doubt it's still knocking around though!
These ideas are very abstract Candee, like it!
next!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

March 13, 2008
10:32 PM

Post #4659976

I don't have any stones, but I do have Waterballs!!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

March 13, 2008
10:41 PM

Post #4659992

This cafe is full of Daffs today!!!!!! smells nice.

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

March 13, 2008
11:40 PM

Post #4660161

Hey Traci! You didn't tell me we had the builders in this week!

Sorry about the mess outside everyone. We are having work done to create a communal garden, we will all have our own plot here at the cafe! start planning yours now!!!

starlight1153
Seale, AL
(Zone 8b)

March 14, 2008
12:30 AM

Post #4660359

Wow!!!!!!!! It so nice and sunny in here. Love all the yellow and white arrangements. Gives ya nice spring , warm fuzzy feeling.

Whoever snitched the pie better save a piece for me. I love lemon merangue. Yum!!!!!

I still only got one lonely little yellow Daffodil blooming. I am afraid I just can't bring myself to cut it. Poor thing been out there braving the cold and frosts, figured I would let it live and shine in the yard.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

March 14, 2008
1:54 AM

Post #4660772

Hi Star,
Thanks, glad you liked the arrangements, it's a bit like 101 things to make with a daffodil!!!!! sunny all the same.
At least you have one daff in the garden, no flowers on mine yet.
A friend gave me 4 bunches from the supermarket!
Don't worry, I saved you some pie, (meet me round the back in 5 mins). LOL.
Hope you found your work and handed it in on time?!!
diggerette
Brooklyn, NY
(Zone 7a)

March 14, 2008
10:04 AM

Post #4662025

Who's the man?
haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

March 14, 2008
11:35 AM

Post #4662095

So you were holding out on that pie eh Terri? I should have guessed you had made several with all those "ingredients".
Good idea to savor the one blooming Star - we can admire Terri's until we get more blooms in our garden.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

March 14, 2008
4:39 PM

Post #4663151

Hi Adele and Candee,
I don't think the man is anyone in particular, just an ordinary builder bloke! My daughter painted it as part of a project called 'construction' for school.
I didn't want to have a lemon meringue pie fight so what could I do?!!!
Hope everyone is having a good day?
Yey! it's FRIDAY Have a good weekend all.
haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

March 14, 2008
4:46 PM

Post #4663192

Friday couldn't have come soon enough here as well, now hope the rain stays away for the weekend!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

March 14, 2008
5:11 PM

Post #4663302

It's still raining here Candee!
haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

March 14, 2008
5:13 PM

Post #4663310

I saw that rogue wave that hit your streets! That was a miracle that nobody was injured, as I saw a couple pedestrians?
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

March 14, 2008
5:22 PM

Post #4663332

The worlds weather is so strange these days! In the last month or so we have had an earthquake and hurricane winds!
Our tiny Island can't take it!!!
haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

March 14, 2008
5:49 PM

Post #4663462

I tell you I couldn't agree more. Something is truly going on. I believe that any stone that touches water sends out an infinite ripple, and so when I see and hear what goes on in this world I can only surmise that there is some huge ripple effect.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

March 14, 2008
6:17 PM

Post #4663572

That reminds me, I still need to find an idea with stones!!!!!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

March 14, 2008
9:29 PM

Post #4664340

Had a long soak in the bath... I had an idea!! just hope it's a fine day tomorrow so I can make my thingy!
Is anyone else doing the sticks and stones theme?
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

March 14, 2008
9:42 PM

Post #4664382

I AM!! It will have to be tomorrow. Been thinking about several different things. Candee really got me going.

Love all the daff's. I am so glad they are cheap here right now, as I can buy bunches at a time.

High of 74 degrees today.

Hyacinth about to bloom. Another Surprise for me. My mother sent me a large container with 3 Japanese Maples in it. These popped up in the container. She has had the dirt in there for years and forgot about them. There are four. Fun!!

weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

March 15, 2008
3:56 AM

Post #4666043

I'm going to have a go Terri, and have been thinking all day about the possibilities. Do we have a new thread for the sticks and stones theme? I will have to get some flowers together later as it is quite hot outside and all flowers will be sizzled. Sticks and stones I have aplenty!
Love the Hyacinth pupil
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

March 15, 2008
4:14 AM

Post #4666088

Forgot to add there is a small wisteria tree in the same container.

Talk about a hodge podge.
haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

March 15, 2008
1:01 PM

Post #4666614

You hit the jackpot, and a wisteria as well. Wonder if something else will pop up in another week! Can't wait to see what I have inspired with sticks and stones.
There is a new thread Sue??????? Did I get that right?
weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

March 16, 2008
5:31 AM

Post #4669655

I was trying to find a post on the sticks and stones in the floral club thread, but found it in the cut flowers forum. Thanks. I hadn't realised it was a new thread, but its a great idea. See you there!
weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

March 17, 2008
8:53 AM

Post #4673581

LOL, ha ha :) Terri! I've just been over and put my arrangement on sticks and stones.

jordankittyjo

jordankittyjo
Bessemer, AL
(Zone 8b)

March 17, 2008
12:05 PM

Post #4673778

LOL
ellesgh
Humansville, MO

March 17, 2008
3:18 PM

Post #4674397

here my stick and stone

Thumbnail by ellesgh

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

March 17, 2008
5:19 PM

Post #4674889

Sue, you are so funny!!!!

haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

March 17, 2008
5:38 PM

Post #4674962

Now that is a throne fit for a King. Great job.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

March 17, 2008
6:09 PM

Post #4675067

Hi Candee, Thanks!
How was your day? Keep forgetting the time difference, you are probably still at work?!!
haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

March 17, 2008
6:36 PM

Post #4675131

Got that right but not for much longer. Fine day and worked really hard in the gardens on Sat as we got a pinch of nice weather for a change.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

March 17, 2008
7:48 PM

Post #4675352

It's good you had a chance to work in the garden, what were you working on?

keep showing us your garden pics everyone, we all have different flowering times and it's lovely to see a variety of projects coming together.
Oh and Arrangements too, it makes the cafe more interesting everyday!!

Better go and cook dinner...

pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

March 17, 2008
10:30 PM

Post #4675895

Hey everyone, I'm BAAACK!!

Will have time to post later!
ellesgh
Humansville, MO

March 17, 2008
10:40 PM

Post #4675933

how about something for easter
elle
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

March 18, 2008
12:09 AM

Post #4676248

Good idea Elle.
I have a feeling Traci might move the cafe to a new location soon, this thread is getting quite long.

Hello Karma, miss you!!!!!!! /'[;/.';.//.';%&^%$^./???@~@:@{*******9%$"":@@>?/;////? ok?
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

March 18, 2008

Post #4676668

Has anyone seen the artical today about dying eggs naturally? looks like fun!
ellesgh
Humansville, MO

March 18, 2008
5:22 AM

Post #4677398

here is my idea for easter
it the rabbit i had left over went i was waxing
animals
does this look good
elle

Thumbnail by ellesgh

haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

March 18, 2008
11:40 AM

Post #4677680

Waxing animals, do you do that to remove the fur LOL!
He is a cute little Easter bunny.

Will be watching for a new thread, agree this one is getting long. And we need a new starter arrangement?????????? Any takers Traci?
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

March 18, 2008
2:26 PM

Post #4678152

Ok, taking the hints, I have moved the cafe' to its newest location. Please grab a moving box and help us move into our new home. Follow me please.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/824798/

This message was edited Mar 18, 2008 9:27 AM

This message was edited Mar 18, 2008 9:33 AM

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

March 19, 2008
2:02 AM

Post #4680707

Just popping back to leave a note on the door for Karma and Adele!
Once we had trouble when some regulars refused to leave!!!

Edited to say ... C'mon Sue, time to go to the new cafe!

This message was edited Mar 19, 2008 4:01 AM

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Cut Flowers and Floral Design Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Welcome to the Cut Flowers and Floral Design Forum dave 40 Apr 24, 2008 2:40 PM
Starting us off Wvdaisy 36 Apr 24, 2007 9:24 PM
My Tropical displays. celt33040 8 Apr 23, 2007 12:26 PM
Articles and tips about processing cut flowers.... gemini_sage 23 Aug 7, 2012 4:11 AM
Vases Lenjo 83 Jul 31, 2008 2:11 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America