Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Article: Camellias: Winter Blooming Shrubs for Southern Gardens (Hardiness Zone to 7b): Camellia japonica

Communities > Forums > Article: Camellias: Winter Blooming Shrubs for Southern Gardens (Hardiness Zone to 7b)
bookmark
Forum: Article: Camellias: Winter Blooming Shrubs for Southern Gardens (Hardiness Zone to 7b)Replies: 1, Views: 61
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
bobwhite1
Hope Mills, NC
(Zone 7b)

February 12, 2008
5:47 PM

Post #4528652

Gloria have you ever seen this Camellia before. I bought it about 5 or 6 years ago and If I remember right it was called Camellia japonica 'Hawiaan Rainbow' and it has about 5 different colored blooms. It usually blooms in early March. This photo was taken about two years ago.

Bob

Thumbnail by bobwhite1
Click the image for an enlarged view.

gloria125
Greensboro, AL

February 12, 2008
5:57 PM

Post #4528695

Bob: No Ive not seen that camellia. I know about Rosa mutabalis that has several different colors on the same bush. And my own old camellias often have different colors of camellias on the same bush due to sporting on the old wood. But, Ive never seen a camellia that was deliberately bred to have several colors at once.

Apparently I have to start a new thread to download the photo.

This message was edited Feb 12, 2008 12:01 PM

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Camellias: Winter Blooming Shrubs for Southern Gardens (Hardiness Zone to 7b) Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Albert and the Camellias Sharran 6 Feb 12, 2008 11:50 PM
The real Albert gloria125 2 Feb 12, 2008 11:41 PM
close up bobwhite1 5 Feb 12, 2008 11:55 PM
Three camellias from the same shrub. gloria125 5 Feb 10, 2009 3:59 PM
Camelia article dixiebelle123 0 Feb 18, 2008 11:36 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America