Photo by Melody

Article: Happy Wildlife Habitat (Small Birds in a Small Garden): Treasure in the archives

Communities > Forums > Article: Happy Wildlife Habitat (Small Birds in a Small Garden)
bookmark
Forum: Article: Happy Wildlife Habitat (Small Birds in a Small Garden)Replies: 5, Views: 50
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
angele

February 13, 2008
3:32 PM

Post #4532972

:-) Great article Deb! Extremely enjoyable reading. Thanks
debnes_dfw_tx
Fort Worth, TX
(Zone 8a)

February 14, 2008
3:24 PM

Post #4537014

Thank You Angele!
angele

September 17, 2009
12:26 AM

Post #7072191

Enjoying it again. :-)
You know I get the Wilson's Warblers for a few days every year too. Like you, it makes me feel so glad that they choose to visit my yard during their travels.
debnes_dfw_tx
Fort Worth, TX
(Zone 8a)

September 20, 2009
3:44 PM

Post #7084145

Thank You Again Angele!
I truly know how you feel that they make it through your garden too! Kinda like sharing the same sun and moon in a way. :-)

Debnes

GardenDetectives
Saint Peters, MO

September 21, 2009
9:00 PM

Post #7088713

We so enjoy sitting on our porch watching our little birds in our little garden. Thank you for sharing yours with us. So thankful your article was reintroduced for our enjoyment.

http://gardendetectives.farming.officelive.com/default.aspx

Thumbnail by GardenDetectives
Click the image for an enlarged view.

JLWP
Denton, TX

September 22, 2009
2:37 AM

Post #7090134

I, too, have just been watching the warblers passing through Denton, TX. Last Thursday, a Yellow warbler sat on a branch outside my window just about 6 or 7 feet away from me, and then on Saturday a small group of (possibly Wilson's) warbler's noisily descended in my back garden chasing bugs. We've also gotten into the migration route of a group of cedar waxwings which will come through later on and descend on our Aristocrat pear tree (which our biology professor friend identified for us). The pears on this tree are only as big as china berries, so I call them pear berries. But a little later on in the fall, the pear berries that the squirrels haven't eaten the seeds out of already will be greatly enjoyed by our resident robins and then also by the cedar waxwings that pass through. A few years ago, a few of our resident robins valiantly tried to claim the pear berries as their domain against the vast number of cedar waxwings that covered the tree and were having a marvelous feast. It was a lost cause for the robins. Thanks for sharing your pictures and experience!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Happy Wildlife Habitat (Small Birds in a Small Garden) Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Delightful! KyWoods 6 Oct 23, 2007 2:50 AM
Well Done! pelletory 2 Oct 22, 2007 12:50 PM
Can anyone identify a similar bird? helen181 0 Oct 22, 2007 2:36 PM
Your little bird story.... tabasco 1 Nov 16, 2007 8:53 PM
HOST GARDEN RegalEagle 1 Nov 12, 2010 8:24 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America