-
AuthorContent
motts1
south central, WI
(Zone 5a)

February 15, 2008
3:12 AM

Post #4540110

Favorite magazine is now showing one of the arrangement techniques that are shown in each issue.
www.floristsreview.com
...have fun...
it is snowing again!!!!!!!!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

February 15, 2008
3:43 AM

Post #4540264

Thanks Marcia, I'm going to make that egg sometime!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

March 18, 2008
5:22 PM

Post #4678910

Hi Marcia,
Has it stopped snowing yet? Are you ok?
motts1
south central, WI
(Zone 5a)

March 19, 2008
12:10 AM

Post #4680252

HI, just stopped in and lo and behold. Have been busy house hunting, sorting, going to appointments etc. Most of the snow has melted , except the large piles left from clearing roads/driveways and garden areas in the shade. In the yard, all that is left is the yucky stuff...luckily it will be covered by the inch of snow due Thurs night. That should make things tidy for holiday visitors, then this lady better start clearing up some of the outside mess..I see lots of fun in days ahead, but not a lot of flower work. I do need to start rooting curly twig willow to take with me when I move this year.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

March 19, 2008
1:51 AM

Post #4680669

Good to hear from you Marcia! Sounds like you are very busy at the moment. Keep warm with the new snow heading your way!
I remembered your floral design magazine had a demo showing how to make an easter egg with fowers.
We are decorating the new cafe for easter and I thought it would be nice to make a few eggs!
Thanks again and Happy Easter!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

March 23, 2008
4:57 PM

Post #4699114

It took loads of flowers to make even the smallest egg!

Thumbnail by terriculture
Click the image for an enlarged view.

motts1
south central, WI
(Zone 5a)

March 24, 2008
12:17 AM

Post #4700565

Oh, pretty egg. I didn't get any cut flowers, just brought down the 3rd Phal. orchid that is blooming. I have 2 of the larger bloom ones now on the table..they have only set about 6 buds this time. The smaller purple has about 20 in full bloom with 6 yet to swell on the end of the stalk And has set up a side bloom stalk!! I must have fed it at just the right time (although all on same schedule).
Ah!! What a thought!! I will take photo tomorrow and post it..a bit of color for cheer as it is snowing Again ( we received about 6" Thursday night-heavy stuff). The sidewalks cleared yesterday and then Tah Dah..started fluffy snow 2 hours ago.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

May 9, 2008
12:45 AM

Post #4926104

Hi Marcia, Hope you are having better weather now? The link for the mag isn't working for me anymore. Is it just my computer?
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

June 13, 2008
9:13 PM

Post #5099732

It's working this month Marcia! A Calla lily arrangement with magnets, interesting! Thanks.
soilsandup
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9a)

June 13, 2008
10:45 PM

Post #5100114

Marcia - thanks for that link. I have never heard of a corsage magnet before. I'll have to give it a try - I work in a laboratory building so I can round up some tall graduated cylinders and use them for vases.
motts1
south central, WI
(Zone 5a)

June 17, 2008
4:40 AM

Post #5115348

Hi, I have fallen behind and need to catch up. We got hit with the flooding, but not anywhere as bad as other folk. My garden was under water about 6" and we had volunteers sandbagging the beach.
I need to look at the web to see the magnet corsage. I think that I missed the last magazine, but will try to get to the craft store next week-end.

Edited to add: going to look for the corsage magnets. That is just lovely.

This message was edited Jun 16, 2008 11:46 PM
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

July 27, 2008
1:52 AM

Post #5324998

Hi Marcia, Interesting fruit stacker arrangement this month. Thank you!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

September 9, 2008
1:15 AM

Post #5526933

Hi Marcia, Hope you are keeping well?
I like the wrist corsage shown, with the wire and bead leaves. Lovely, Thanks.
motts1
south central, WI
(Zone 5a)

September 27, 2008
6:04 AM

Post #5604897

HI, moving slow. Had focused on sorting out the garden , in order to make room for lawn and curb appeal for potential sale. Being that any task takes Way longer than expected, I am still digging away at it. Given the current market situation, it is a good thing I am slow. Will be cutting back large portions of the curly twig willow and plan on holding onto the cuttings with both hands.!! Family rightly points out that my interests and project plants greatly outweigh my finished work..still going to hang on!!!!
It is almost Oct..where does the time go.?
Will try to add photo of wreath I made several seasons ago, with paper from the river birch hot glued to a styroform ring. will See if it works this late:)
guess not with edit. will try with new post

This message was edited Sep 27, 2008 1:06 AM

Drat..need to find that photo and scan...will get to it when I can see straight!

This message was edited Sep 27, 2008 1:09 AM
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

September 29, 2008
11:11 PM

Post #5614746

Hi Marcia, Good to hear you are ok. The summer seemed to come and go in a flash! Your willow sounds great, will you be making an Autumn arrangement with it? I would love to see your silver birch wreath when you find the photo!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 12, 2008
12:32 AM

Post #5660104

Some great containers this month Marcia, Thank you!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 1, 2009
5:45 AM

Post #5950603

Happy New Year Marcia!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 7, 2009
6:33 PM

Post #5977703

Nice demo for January, a rose tree for Valentines! Thanks Marcia.
motts1
south central, WI
(Zone 5a)

January 9, 2009
4:26 AM

Post #5984018

HI, Have lurked, but only briefly on-line due to energy. I am SO happy that I posted the website...the store hasn't carried the last several issues (I would use my 40%) coupon.So at least I can find the neat stuff and not buy a subscription that is a costly way to look at loads of ads.
Lovely work.
I made a tree of 3-4 types of conifer greens (minimalist Christmas) It is about 1 foot tall. Photo should give you the general idea, if not a great shot. I used floral foam and just tapered a block.

Thumbnail by motts1
Click the image for an enlarged view.

soilsandup
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9a)

January 9, 2009
7:50 AM

Post #5984253

Hi Marcia,

That is a cute tree. I have been making my own tree for the last few years with a tomato cage and fake garlands - it is nice that you use real conifer leaves so that you get that nice fresh conifer smell in the house. I have only looked at a few of the demos, but I enjoy them. I would have never known about this magazine if you did not post it. So, much thanks from me too.

Dianne
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 9, 2009
7:15 PM

Post #5985778

Hi Marcia. Love your little tree, very nice and creative!
I'm so glad you posted the online mag, I look forward to seeing the different demos and articals every month. I'm sure everyone appreciates it. Keep warm, nice to hear from you again!

Hi Dianne, will you be having a go at the 'rose tree'? looks nice 'n' easy LoL!
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

January 22, 2009
11:47 AM

Post #6035295

Hi Marcia,

(I just found this thread!!)

Many thanks for the link! I am going to check it out now!

Hi terriculture.. shame on you for not clueing me in!! LOL!
Neat egg BTW!!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 22, 2009
1:34 PM

Post #6035540

Hey Blossom!! I didn't know that you didn't know about this thread LOL!
Sorry mate! but at least you're all clued up now!

I'm sure some of these designs would work with silk or dried flowers... WHAT you waiting for? LOL!
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

January 22, 2009
2:22 PM

Post #6035714

I just pulled out my old old Previews...i'm one of those off and on subscribers, but keep them all when I do get them. Some goodies just never go out of style! INfact the EGG is in one of them from years back!

I do do work with fresh too, but only when the garden is a blooming! Always wanted to have a shop of my own, just never happened, but I am certified through a floral school. Just do part-time favors. Dog-gone coolers though to keep the lives the cost has always killed me and sorry WM, I just do not cotton to your fresh. They do not last long enough.

Right now I am having to work on a sympathy wreath...so will catch ya later!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

February 12, 2009
11:10 PM

Post #6130364

Hi Marcia!
Really nice spring garden arrangement this month, Thanks as always!

I enjoyed the' how to' artical with copper wires, that copper worm looks like fun to make!!

This message was edited Feb 12, 2009 11:23 PM
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

March 7, 2009
11:39 PM

Post #6235225

Hi Marcia! Lovely flower collar this month, Thank you!
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

March 9, 2009
2:39 PM

Post #6242057

Getting caught up.. have not had time to read. I have some orders for soem wreaths and such and have been gearignup getting them going.. still waiting on supplies though.. so been cleaning up the work areas, between the mess I have outside, the work in the barn and the house, I am exhausted. Then we took a hike in our woods..not much is turning color yet, everythign is so brown and wet!

Well, off to read the new issue!

Ribbet.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

April 17, 2009
5:53 PM

Post #6424405

Thanks Marcia, nice pussy willow frame arrangement this month.
motts1
south central, WI
(Zone 5a)

April 20, 2009
5:28 AM

Post #6435515

HI, spring in WI this last week , with the Farmers' Market opening early ( I missed it)
Note: Galax plants don't like to be wintered over in warm house. I managed to keep one alive out of 8. The one I planted outside (had snow cover until late due to shade from solid fence) is doing fine.
Does anyone know the variety of small hydranga (sp) that is being used in arrangements, esp. for weddings. The bloom is size of baseball. I think it is so very pretty. I am behind on just about everything..nothing new there. I finally got my abandoned calla lilies crowded in one pot and have a full bloom already. I will have to pop out some of them ...soon.
Carry on and create. :)
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

May 27, 2009
3:11 PM

Post #6604405

Thanks Marcia! Topiary design this month...

I don't have Hydranga or know the variety uesd!
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

May 27, 2009
5:43 PM

Post #6605079

Did someone mention topiary???

I am still thinking on how to do my moose!

If anyone has suggestions see me here!

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/986651/
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

May 27, 2009
5:51 PM

Post #6605105

Marcia, is there a direct link to the topiary in the REVEIW? I am not finding it.
motts1
south central, WI
(Zone 5a)

June 20, 2009
2:19 AM

Post #6713061

HI, just caught up with this, I haven't been checking the site lately as so much is going on at home.
Sorry that I am not more help here.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

June 30, 2009
12:13 AM

Post #6755897

Nice rose collars made with ribbons, Thanks Marcia!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

July 6, 2009
10:24 PM

Post #6786146

Great ideas this month, Thanks Marcia!
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

July 9, 2009
2:13 AM

Post #6795866

So sorry I am missing here.. no time.. perhaps wil catch up come fall.

Poof! Case of the disappearing BLOSSOM... oh why do I have to be so busy now? I wanna play craftsies!

ummmm.. whered I go???!

This message was edited Jul 8, 2009 8:16 PM

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Cut Flowers and Floral Design Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Welcome to the Cut Flowers and Floral Design Forum dave 40 Apr 24, 2008 2:40 PM
Starting us off Wvdaisy 36 Apr 24, 2007 9:24 PM
My Tropical displays. celt33040 8 Apr 23, 2007 12:26 PM
Articles and tips about processing cut flowers.... gemini_sage 23 Aug 7, 2012 4:11 AM
Vases Lenjo 83 Jul 31, 2008 2:11 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America