Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Garden Shed: Lead glazed pots!?

Communities > Forums > Garden Shed
bookmark
Forum: Garden ShedReplies: 1, Views: 34
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
slowtornado
Belle Plaine, KS

February 16, 2008
4:31 AM

Post #4544901

I have several nice pots, all made in China. Nothing will grow in any of them. I think they may have leaded glaze. Can I paint the interiors with something to keep my plants from dying? I dont know if leaded glaze will kill plants, but those are the ones that die.
Any ideas?
Lora:(
ecrane3
Dublin, CA
(Zone 9a)

February 16, 2008
4:44 AM

Post #4544932

I don't think leaded glaze has any impact on plants, I suspect it's something else. Most of the time when you have a situation where nasty chemicals can leach into the soil, the big concern is that you don't want to eat things that were grown in that soil, there's generally not any impact on the plant itself. I suspect something else is going on--are the pots too big for the plants? Are there sufficient drainage holes? Are they really dark colored and heat up in the sun, effectively cooking your roots? Could there have been any contamination with fungal spores, etc. And of course the usual suspects over/under watering.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Garden Shed Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Quick-Disconnects for garden hoses? darius 18 Oct 5, 2007 8:07 PM
A Man and His Tractor LadibugZ9 16 May 12, 2007 6:29 PM
Tractor on it's way!!!! whooo-hoooo!!! cici77 16 Apr 26, 2008 9:24 PM
Old Reliable CountryGardens 49 Apr 16, 2010 8:20 AM
Your thoughts on a Mantis? Kell 122 Apr 16, 2012 5:53 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America