Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Antiques and Collectibles: "Antique" Rose Pin?

Communities > Forums > Antiques and Collectibles
bookmark
Forum: Antiques and CollectiblesReplies: 2, Views: 79
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Tir_Na_Nog
Houston
United States
(Zone 9b)

February 16, 2008
3:50 PM

Post #4546038

Anyone have a website you can look up jewelry to see if yours can be ID'd?

I have what I THINK is an old broach. It was altered to be a necklace pendant later. It has enough minor damage I'm sure it's of little value but I would still like to know more about it.

I need a magnifying glass to read the small wording on it but best I can make out it says: Cerlsaley the biggest but that reveals no clues in an internet search.

David_Paul
Clinton, CT
(Zone 6b)

February 18, 2008
2:00 PM

Post #4554642

Don't know of a website but I used to deal now and then in old jewelry. Is it set with stones? Is it base metal? Are the stones Swarovski? (you can tell by the clean facets and colors). Most important of all, do you have a photo?

Never discount an item because of wear. For years I've been looking for a late Victorian piece of jewelry in any condition set with a tiny green stone which, when viewed with a loop, has a horsetail inclusion in it. That is a demantoid garnet. The stone is worth thousands. I had an antique mall for a while and one of my renters, very knowledgable in her own field, sold a piece of beat-up "costume" jewelry for $45 containing one not knowing what she had.
Tir_Na_Nog
Houston
United States
(Zone 9b)

February 18, 2008
5:08 PM

Post #4555502

I can't load a picture currently but will in a couple weeks. It is a metal base and has no stones but the center has a pearlialized carved 3D rose...not sure WHAT the material is called but it shimmers. I will try to remember to get that picture of it!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Antiques and Collectibles Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Sampler 1801 Ginger_H 7 Aug 20, 2012 2:34 PM
mingmimi justmeLisa 6 Oct 20, 2007 11:51 AM
Wintermoor what is this? justmeLisa 7 Oct 1, 2011 7:20 PM
Do you collect Depression Glass? What pattern? bluegrassmom 82 Apr 11, 2011 10:14 PM
What do you consider your best "collectible/antique" find? nminmd 142 May 6, 2012 3:43 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America