Journal Feb 10,2001

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

Morning folks!Looks like you folks up north are having a rough time with this weather! I saw lots of snow on the news. Last night around 9:30 we had a front come through. The temps. dropped from the 70's to the low 50's in minutes.We had some rain, but not too much. The tiller was delivered last night. I guess the ground is too wet to work it. I think I'll try anyway. Just love that tractor. Yesterday the little one and I rode up to the neighbors house..just to ride on it! Ya'll take care and stay warm...BYe, Lisa

Hi lisa - don't till wet soil!! It'll produce hard clumps when it dries, making it virtually unusable!

Dig up some soil with a spade or pick. Grab a handful of soil and crunch it together. IF it easily forms a ball that sticks together when you drop it, it's too wet to till.

Dave

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

RATS!!!

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

...I knew better, IT'S JUST I CAN'T WAIT....baahhaaa(me throwing a fit, kinda like the one my 3year old throws sometimes)

There's Lisa - Laying down on the floor kicking and screaming. :)

Baker City, OR(Zone 5b)

Good morning. Snowing here again, no wind today (yet) and 15*. This is known as a pretty good day for here at this time of year. We really need the snow in the mountains.Last month's report was pretty short. Hubby came home late last night from his trip, it appears this is a very localized storm. Lisa, this tractoritis looks serious, so I want to tell you about the side effects, the most noticeable one is getting stuck! A few years ago a neighbor of ours wanted to plow a field so he putted out and got started, and got stuck. No problem, he had a bigger tractor, walked back and got it, got it stuck trying to get the first one out. No problem, he walked back and got the biggest tractor he had and in no time he had that one stuck too, all within sight of the county road. Then it rained and this situation was there for several days for all to see. And the news got around everywhere but this does prevent others from catching it. After this incident he was immune to Early Plowing Syndrone. Have a good day anyhow.

Batchelor, LA(Zone 8b)

Lisa
How about a Mardi Gras Parade? Your new tractor, Dave's hat,
and a few seed potatoes instead of doubloons and , Voila,
a parade ala Louisiana Cajun Country.
Bud

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

Don't forget King Cake Bud!! That (in my never to be humble opinion) is the only thing I like about Mardi Gras...Lisa

Batchelor, LA(Zone 8b)

If you are takings orders, I want a Pecan Praline King Cake from Gambino's.

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

Ohh Bud, sounds good, but I have to plug Rouses'...the blueberry creme chese one...I think Rouses' beat out Gambino's last year...i think! How was market day today? Lisa

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images