Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

Central States RU 2

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Here is the second thread for the RoundUp. Come on over and chat about the RoundUp and everyone is welcome to come.

Bernie, I'll let you go first but I come in second!

Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

Ok. I have a confession. I'm an ice creamaholic. I have proudly been ice cream free now for a few weeks. I've been in denial though drinking milk shakes and saying that they don't count as ice cream. I'll try to control myself at the RU, but I can't make any promises. LOL

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

I won't take to much, got to watch my figure!

I never deny myself and when you alll meet me you will see why. LOL

Norwood, MO(Zone 6a)

Y'all got to stop with the ice cream talk... when I get to go town (finally) I will find myself heading straight to get an ice cream... ;)

Eva Mae, My dd, and I would love some of your bread starter...

Is there a plant swap thread? Where are we talking about plants to bring?

Plant swap thread. Nothing formal, just throwing plants into vehicles to make sure they don't go back home with you. LOL www.davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/814805/

Belle Plaine, KS

I have a question for everyone coming to the RU. I asked pepper23, she suggested I post it.
Who is bringing small children?
I walked through a toy dept. yesterday and I immediately had a thought about a bunch of kids watching the adults give each other *prizes*. And I could see they're faces in my mind. I dont have kids myself, but it will be somewhat uncomfortable to watch them watch us, if they dont also get something.
Does everyone see where I'm going with this?
We need to do something for them too. If you're bringing a kid, bring a *gift* too.
I guess the people bringing kids should bring a gift for your own tot. That way a 10yo wont get a toy for a 2yo.
Party's & hurt feelings dont mix.
Lora☺

belleville, NJ(Zone 6a)

Not in your area, but from STL, and may be visiting in the spring...
why can i not figure out when this RU is?

amy

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

I tell you I just don't know how bad for Rusty want to or not... Tell kids to be very carefully with it...I teach them to be nice...

Pepper, I accept kids around and I have to keep eye on Rusty...I try to train him to be nice with kids...

Holden, MO(Zone 5b)

slowtornado what a thoughful idea, I won't be bringing any kids, well maybe hubby : ).

But I can just see what you mean, kids standing around and no gifts for them, unless their into seeds or plants or a bag of compost.

Good thinkin slowtornado : )

belleville, NJ(Zone 6a)

(it's a secret)

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/805676/
L☺☺k here.

belleville, NJ(Zone 6a)

Oops! Thanks - i feel silly now.
i *did* look on the RU forum and i didn't see it - i guess i didn't get past the 1st page. And it isn't on the Roundups at a Glance sticky...
sorry, and thank you...

amy

Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

I will be bringing my 3 year old gr-d. Yeah, we have to really watch her around our own dogs. I hope that won't be a problem. We no longer allow our dogs in the house, but keep them on the sunporch because of an incident last fall. Too stressful trying to keep an eye on her and the dogs all the time. Our one dog was becoming way too territorial about the sofa. If Rusty will be running loose, we may just come Sunday for Powell Gardens. Though I'm sure he's a sweet pup, too much stress & my gr-d is too precious. : )

Toys? The kid has way too much stuff now. I'll bring something like a plastic watering can, hand tools, &/or sandbucket & shovel. My gr-d helps me water my garden with her little watering can & then plays with it in the bathtub during the winter months. It's also fun in the wading pool or sandbox. Chloe also has her own gardening tools. She's my lil' garden buddy & loves browsing thru seed catalogs; naming all the vegies & fruits. Her favorite gardening activity is harvesting; though most of what she harvests gets eaten right away. I started my gr-d & 2 daughters out gardening with me at infancy. I placed them in the shade of the pear tree that borders my garden where they watched as I toiled. That pear tree has shaded 2 generations of future gardeners.

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

Rusty will be on chain tied up... OR stay in van with window open...

Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

Thank you. We'll bring Rusty a treat. What can he have or what does he like? How about a nice big rawhide chew?

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

Rusty can't have rawhide chew cause his upper teeth was chips off that he was fight between dog next door and bite on chain link fence and his teeth got all chips... He like only Ol' Roy Tiny Special T's treat so I bring along with it... No bones allow....

Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

I'm sorry. Does he like toys?

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

He like blue long plush dog and he chew easy and noise squeaky (only home he don't want to play while on road he like play his blue soft rubber open-hole ball that I throw to room and he run for ball)...

Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

Our dogs like those toys too!

My daughters saw Rusty's picture and love his big ears. He does look sweet. Sorry about the gr-d. Kids that age are so unpredictable around animals. She'll suddenly go in for a big hug and the dog; esp. a strange dog; doesn't understand and may feel threatened by the sudden movement towards him. It's that she loves animals so much that gets her in trouble.

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

Here's his 2nd paw print...His feet is very perfect paw!

Thumbnail by JuJu55
Holden, MO(Zone 5b)

I too understand about Grandkiddies and dogs. I even watch them around our new puppy. Both can get in trouble,lol.

Rusty looks and sounds like a great fur friend.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Last year at Cedar Rapids, Rusty was along. The whole day went by before I noticed him. Very well behaved dog.
Bernie

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

When we get closer to the RU date everyone who wants some starter be sure to let me know. I have 10 bags in the freezer now. It can easily become overwhelming.

Norwood, MO(Zone 6a)

I would like to some starter if there is enough. I do not want to keep someone else from getting some though.

Rusty is a beautiful boy. I look forward to meeting him.

I am sure that with everyone around and with keeping an eye out, that all will be well. There is a place for everyone in our group. Gr-kids and fur-kids... With a little care we will be great. I am not bringing Laci and Luci this year. The girls have become so close that I would not bring one without the other and Laci has become carsick the last few times she has been out for any distance. It is strange, when she was younger she could go and go...now she gets sick... Luci is an excellent traveler, but I hate to separate the two.

Thumbnail by fsrstarr
Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

You all are great. I can't wait to meet everyone. Off to work. Had to attend my supervisor's mom's funeral visitation last night. Boy, am I tired. Got so lost trying to find her small rural hometown. Very nice family. So sad. Got to keep things going at work until she's able to come back. Have a nice day!

Norwood, MO(Zone 6a)

It is getting closer ...

spring and a round up ... so much to look forward to...

Just bumping this up to remind everyone that it is only a couple more weeks til the RU.

Those of you who are going to Powell Gardens on Sunday send me a quick d-mail with number of tickets you will need so I can make sure and have enough by then. I am thinking that we can all meet in the commuter parking lot in Odessa around 8:30 am if you guys want to be there around 9am. The commuter lot is located next to Morgans' Resturant off of 40 Hwy. You can't miss it. :~)

Belle Plaine, KS

Hi Amanda, hi everybody:) I'm eating ice cream at this very second.
We are trying very hard to find a small camping trailer or motor home for the RU. It will be a good time to test everything. Amanda, we'll take 2 tickets to the gardens, please:)
And we'll be able to bring the dogs too. Instead of boarding them. I hate boarding them in the Spring. One is a 9yo. chihuahua, and scared to death of thunder. And it is that time of year. We tried a sedative on the 4th of July, that was a bad experience.
I'm so looking forward to meeting all of you☺☺☺
Lora☺

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

Lora, I understand about your older dog. We had a dog once what would tear holes in the screen doors and anything else she had to if we didn't get her into the house in time when a storm was approaching. Another one would hide under the old cabin in the yard.

I'll be so glad to meet all the newbies and see old friends as well. It just hit me a few minutes ago how close it is to the RU. YIKES! I need to start getting organized and ready to pack the van as much as possible on Wed. since I'll be working both Thursday and Friday. I need to leave home about 7:30 Sat. morning at the latest. I need to start digging plants this weekend.

Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

Hey Amanda,

If you could have 1 for my oldest daughter (the vegetarian), that would be great. She was able to get off work that Saturday; though she has to work Sunday evening; so we'll have to hurry back. I have the Mobot membership to cover me & my other daugther. I believe that my membership should also take care of the 3 yr old gr-d.

Thanks
Betty

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

I think we all need to go back to the RU food thread and review it. Lets make sure we have everything covered. It is only 2 weeks from tomorrow.

Those of you who wanted to see the Chapungu display at PG you are in luck!! They are currently setting it up and there are already several sculptures set up so you can view them. There are many, many more to go but they have made quite a bit of progress.

I still need final confirmation of those coming to Powell Gardens on Sunday. I need to make sure I get tickets for everyone so you all can get in free. I know there are more of you coming so just send me a quick d-mail with number of tickets needed so I know for sure. Thanks!!!!

So far I have heard from:
LindaWalkabout
Greenbrain
slowtornado

Holden, MO(Zone 5b)

I know this is way off plants and such but would anyone be interested in scrap fabric for quilting or other fabric projects. I have boxes that I have kept thinking i would do something someday, well ya know how that goes. I could load them up if interested. I make slipcovers for a living and many of my clients didn't care to have the scrap fabric back (non sewers) so instead of tossing in landfill I just saved thinking of doing something with fabric. JLMK and I'll bring em to the round up.

My grandma sows and may be interested. Load them up and everyone can pick thru them. :~)

Columbia, MO(Zone 5b)

I wish gas wasn't so expensive I would like to go. I have a army training meeting on Sat which throws a wrench in things too.

Holden, MO(Zone 5b)

Well do Amanda, a lot of the stuff I got at garage sales and bought at discount for little of nothing so I would be so happy if others could take off my hands and make into quilts and things. I'm cleaning up my workshop and getting tired of the boxed up look, lol

I also know of a volunteer who makes quilts for little kids in shelters. So I will also see if there is anything in there she might want.

Holden, MO(Zone 5b)

Oh that is wonderful , I'm sure glad I asked. I knew these scraps were to good to toss. some are good size pieces too.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.