-
AuthorContent
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

February 18, 2008
3:14 AM

Post #4553102

Ok, I went ahead and made a thread cause I know some of you will want to know what is being brought ahead of time. The swap is a great way to foist seeds and plants you absolutely don't want and if no one wants them then you sneak them into their vehicles. LOL

Anything and everything is welcome. All we do is bring plants, put them together and grab what we want pretty much. A big free for all. Ok, maybe I over simplified but you get what I'm saying. :~)
leaflady
Hughesville, MO
(Zone 5a)

February 18, 2008
5:08 AM

Post #4553627

You put it perfectly, Pepper. There always seems to be more than enough to go around.

It will be really early for plant trading unless GOD blesses us with an early spring. But I may be able to dig a few starts of unnamed daylilies, some perennial sweet peas and hollyhocks if they are up yet, lots of unnamed color unknown Rose of Sharons and maybe some peony starts if the soil is soft enough to dig that deeply, etc. Otherwise it will be mostly seeds and starts that people have started over the winter season.

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

February 18, 2008
8:36 PM

Post #4556426

I bring some vegtables and flowers seeds never been open...

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

February 18, 2008
8:40 PM

Post #4556443

I can't wait to see them. :~)

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

February 18, 2008
9:24 PM

Post #4556640

Plants must multiply while noon meal is being served. Everybody takes more home than they bring, how can this be possible?

I am starting tons of perennials this year. I will bring a good assortment. They will be in 4" pots. I might have something you don't have.

Bernie
cat64129
(Cathy), MO

February 18, 2008
9:32 PM

Post #4556668

Not sure what I'm bringing yet, but I have joined several coops and will have some extras left over from them.
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

February 19, 2008
1:14 AM

Post #4557603

I am joining that one co-op if she is able to get the plants I want. lol. I will make sure to have a few left over from that also.

I will have some seeds from a swap and will hopefully have some free plants from work. Then there will be plants that my grandma will make you take home with you cause the last place she wants it is in her yard cause it is over taking it. LOL. Plants over take her yard and contain themselves in mine. Go figure. :~)
cat64129
(Cathy), MO

February 19, 2008
1:46 AM

Post #4557725

If they come in time, I'll have a few plumeria cuttings, a few tall phlox, maybe some calla and a few brugs. Not sure of anything else yet
leaflady
Hughesville, MO
(Zone 5a)

February 19, 2008
4:22 AM

Post #4558332

I would love to have some brug starts if they are anything but pure white. That is the one I already have.

I won't know what I will bring until I know how thawed & digable the soil is. Others can tell you that I am usually very generous with my peony and spiderwort starts. I'll run out of the peonies one of these years so I may have to start making the starts I give away smaller. I'll also have lots of comfrey starts I think. And maybe elderberry starts.

Lindawalkabout
Holden, MO
(Zone 5b)

February 19, 2008
2:29 PM

Post #4559301

good mornin

No stupid questions here on DG right????? Well this might be the first, What is a brug? I hear this alot in DG. I just do veggies and all these new flower names , well it gets over whelming, but I'm hooked. Now if I only find out what a brug is I will be good for the day and the next : )

ths, everyone have a great week

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

February 19, 2008
11:07 PM

Post #4561465

Linda---, Here you go read all about it;
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/f/brugsetc/all/
Bernie
Lindawalkabout
Holden, MO
(Zone 5b)

February 20, 2008
12:51 AM

Post #4561873

Thank you Bernie , ahhh I have seen that plant and what a beauty it is, no wonder many want to grow it.

thanks for the link : )
leaflady
Hughesville, MO
(Zone 5a)

February 20, 2008
4:26 AM

Post #4563020

Linda, unless you have a green house or very high ceilings in your home you will have to raise them as annuals. It is probably best to start seeds about now to get nice size plants that will bloom well next fall.

Are you familiar with the kissing cousin of the brugs? If you live on a farm you probably do. It is known as Jimson Weed to most farmers. They are technically a datura and there are many cultivars of them. 2 that I know of are wild, considered very noxious weeds by most, and loved by others for their oh so fragrant blooms in the evening. I always let at least 3 grow to small tree size in the bird yard for shade for the birds and the evening fragrance. I do have to watch the population or they would take over the place. The seeds are sometimes used by drug addicts and were used in ceremonies by the American Indians because they are hallucinigenic. It doesn't take very many seeds to be a lethal dose.
Lindawalkabout
Holden, MO
(Zone 5b)

February 20, 2008
4:51 AM

Post #4563100

Thank you leaflady ,I'm out in the country and yes have seen that Jimson Weed. Interesting info

I was givin seeds of Datura tatula so I think I'll start some in the winter sowing containes.

If you have a picture of the one you grew I would love to see it. Can't wait tell I get some growing : )

thanks again

leaflady
Hughesville, MO
(Zone 5a)

February 20, 2008
5:30 AM

Post #4563188

I don't think I have any pictures of my white brug. I have a digital camera but it is mostly a waste of money because I don't know how to do anything with it but take the pictures. I use to know how to load them onto my computer & print them out once they were on there but have forgotten all that now from lack of use. Now I just use one of those disposible 35 mm camera and pray for good pictures.
Lindawalkabout
Holden, MO
(Zone 5b)

February 20, 2008
5:45 AM

Post #4563222

Oh no leaflady, gotta get your digi camera workin again, lol. if you got the CD downloaded, just plug your camera in the cord thingy and download your pics, easy, well I say that but I forgot a few things on my digi camera too, gotta go back into the book it came with. : /

And on my goodness I still have 35 mm disposibles that I have not developed yet, some many years old, and I better get to doing that to.

most when our kids were little, i'm a grandmother now,lol. They should be fun to look at tho.
leaflady
Hughesville, MO
(Zone 5a)

February 20, 2008
6:33 PM

Post #4564877

I would like some genuine Bethlehem Star starts. I have something that may be them but I don't know for sure. So if I can get some for real starts I can label them and hopefully get a lot of them going. I would also like Obedient Plants. As you can see I want things some folks consider invasive. That is so they will keep coming back and I won't have to keep replanting some areas.
fsrstarr
Norwood, MO
(Zone 6a)

March 5, 2008
5:25 AM

Post #4624489

Now that spring is just around the corner, I will start planning what I can bring...

any interest in iris? I have a few of my Grandmothers' Iris that I can bring. The iris I bought the last couple of years, did not make new ones yet, but GM's iris are doing great... I also have some house plants that look great on a patio in the summer ... I keep them inside til last frost then out they go til it gets cold again... spider plant, different varieties of wandering jew, snake plant (motherinlaws tongue), 2 agave pups, christmas/easter cactus, etc

I will have to look around and add to this list...
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

March 5, 2008
11:55 AM

Post #4624745

I might be able to sqeeze in one more iris here. lol
fsrstarr
Norwood, MO
(Zone 6a)

March 5, 2008
11:02 PM

Post #4626979

NP,Pepper, got you down for iris... you know that means that you have to take some cuttings off my hands from the house plant dept, don't you? LOL (with a wicked laugh) ...;>)
leaflady
Hughesville, MO
(Zone 5a)

March 5, 2008
11:23 PM

Post #4627044

Starr, if you have any varigated wandering jews I would like some. I have more than plenty of the lighter green with white ribs but would like some of the purple/green ones. I wish I could do well with the holiday cactus. Jack and I both loved them.
fsrstarr
Norwood, MO
(Zone 6a)

March 5, 2008
11:32 PM

Post #4627083

yes, I have those, too. I have you down for both, Eva Mae... Thanks!!
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

March 6, 2008
1:17 AM

Post #4627507

The last thing I need is more houseplants. Only a few have survived over the years. LOL.

But I will take those irises. I have lots of little iris gardens.
fsrstarr
Norwood, MO
(Zone 6a)

March 6, 2008
3:55 AM

Post #4628321

there is always room for more Iris... I love them, too...
leaflady
Hughesville, MO
(Zone 5a)

March 10, 2008
2:17 AM

Post #4644372

Starr, I have the yellow iris and the purple iris you gave me a few years ago when we had the first RU in Sedalia. Hopefully they will get to bloom this spring.

Does anyone want elderberry starts? I think I can get several if there is any interest. And how about mimosa sprouts? I may be able to get some out that were small last year if the root system hasn't grown too much over the winter. Hundreds will sprout this summer. I'm eager to hear from those who took the ones from the last RU. I want to know if they made the transplant ok. If not, I'll have a bountiful supply for replacements or maybe just gather seed pods for others to start their own.

I may have a few blackberry spouts to share if anyone wants them. These are thorny plants but the berries are wonderful. The canes are pretty upright. I tie a lot of them to the cattle panels I have behind them.

Time to start getting giveaways potted as the ground thaws enough to permit.
Lindawalkabout
Holden, MO
(Zone 5b)

March 10, 2008
4:08 AM

Post #4644784

OH my Goodness leaflady , just today I was looking up elderberry, I would love a start of that, oh and mimosa sprouts too : ) . Thanks I would be very interested .
leaflady
Hughesville, MO
(Zone 5a)

March 10, 2008
1:47 PM

Post #4645623

Ok. Linda, the elderberries have fairly shallow root systems so they shouldn't be a problem even if the soil is still pretty hard(frozen). I'll do my best on the mimosas. They have taproots to China.
Lindawalkabout
Holden, MO
(Zone 5b)

March 12, 2008
12:54 AM

Post #4652293

Thanks leaflady
don't over do digging those tap roots : ( . I'm very excited about the elderberries : )

I think if anyone want's any , I'll bring some Ajuga, starts from many years ago from my grandmothers home.The plant has spread nicely

I don't know the name but it has bronzey foliage with spikes of blue flowers in the spring, I like it for a ground cover and how quickly it covers.

I took some last year to a farmers market, my first farmers market ever and a lady told me it was the old fashion kind. I didn't do very good as a sales person , I gave it away , lol. I need to keep my day job : /

heres a list of things i could dig up

Ajuga
horseradish
horehound varigated
hyssop
rue
tansy
yarrow
daylily, just the common orange ones
maybe some comfrey
spearmint
garlic
chamomile

I have a lot of buckweat seed to share
I should be having a lot of ws stuff ready to transplant so will bring as well

I could dig up some Autumn Olive, this is a very fast growing tree/bush
fragrant little flowers. It can be evasive . I made jelly out of the berries.
great tree for wildlife, let me know if you want any small trees.

I'm bringing my dh and his old truck, well I could bring my old van but I like his old little truck better. We'll load it up and tootle on down the road with the windows open : )

Its going to get really warm tomorrow, in the 70* WOW And Yah!!!!!

slowtornado
Belle Plaine, KS

March 13, 2008
12:02 AM

Post #4656133

leaflady, I want to encourage you to use your camera & load the pic's. My sister sent me her dig. Kodak. The book & the software confused me endlessly. I finally just hooked it up with the USB cable & it told me what to do. Try it. I'm sure you've seen my pic's, I've posted in several forums. I hope you have as much fun as I have had. Good Luck☺☺☺
Lora☺
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

March 22, 2008
3:37 PM

Post #4694957

I will be bringing tulips to give away if anyone wants them. I have 2 big trays for everyone to sort thru so far. I might end up with more as we get closer. I will have other stuff also.
leaflady
Hughesville, MO
(Zone 5a)

April 7, 2008
1:23 PM

Post #4770177

Linda, I would like some hyssop. I lost mine a couple winters ago. If you have lots of ajuga I'd like some of them. Thank you.

I'm still wanting Obedient plants.

Elderberries will be dug this week. I'm sure I can get some mimosa starts. I have lots of mimosa seeds too. I'll have hollyhock and perennial sweet pea starts too. No promise in regards to color of either of these. I may have some Clove Shrub starts too if I can get to them and get them out.

Must get moving. GOD bless and keep each of you.
leaflady
Hughesville, MO
(Zone 5a)

April 7, 2008
8:52 PM

Post #4771922

Linda, your elderberry starts are in a pot of dirt.

I'm doing thorny large blackberry spring maintenace today and have some starts if someone wants them. Let me know soon so I know if I need to put them in a pot or back in the ground. I've had to move several back into the alloted row already. Lost a lot of plants to the late freeze last spring when they were in full bloom. All of the canes on some plants were of bearing age and now they are dead. Some canes are trying to grow and bear this year when they are 3 years old. Blackberries bear on 2nd year canes. These plants originally came from a UPick patch that an aquantance owned. He gave us 3 doz plants nearly 20 years ago. The berries are large and sweet when ripe. They ripen over about a 2 week period. Even little 4 year old Skyler has been willing to put up with the thorns to get these blackberries for the past 2 years.

I also have chives and garlics to share. Both are topsetting and I didn't get all the bulblets removed last fall so I have dozens of both in clumps. The chives have white blooms(I would like to have some of the purple). The garlic is your common grocery store white and purple skin ones that I have been raising for a few years. They originated in CA and took a few years to aclimate to our climate and soil. These are doing well now. I have more than I will get used so I'm willing to share.

Does anyone have Lily of the Valley to share?

GOD bless and keep each of you.

This message was edited Apr 7, 2008 4:58 PM
slowtornado
Belle Plaine, KS

April 7, 2008
10:29 PM

Post #4772332

Does anyone have blueberry starts? I would love a couple of bushes. We can bring some tart cherry starts, I think.
Lora☺
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

April 8, 2008
12:32 AM

Post #4772990

I wish I had starts of the blueberries for you but I just bought some a few weeks ago and I will be putting them in the ground as soon as the tulips are done blooming. So I still have beginning plants. :~)
Lindawalkabout
Holden, MO
(Zone 5b)

April 8, 2008
1:03 AM

Post #4773159

Thank you leaflady . I will also bring those that you asked for.

Looks like you had a day of gardening ^_^ . I had a day of Taxes : (.

that being over I'm ready to get back to planting ^_^

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

April 8, 2008
1:30 AM

Post #4773306

I think we are coming. If I do, I have lots of Lily of the Valley. We are going to add onto the house & a big bed has to go!
Bernie
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

April 8, 2008
1:40 AM

Post #4773387

Hope you are able to make it!
Lindawalkabout
Holden, MO
(Zone 5b)

April 9, 2008
1:56 AM

Post #4778890

Leaflady , I picked up a container of purple/lavender ajuga it is so pretty. I want to share some of that with you as well as my grandmothers bronze leaf ajuga, I'll bring a lot to share with others as well.

This lavender ajuga is so pretty that I think I'll see about buying some more of it to share at the RU.
slowtornado
Belle Plaine, KS

April 9, 2008
2:47 AM

Post #4779210

Would anyone like some opuntia cactus? We have quite a bit of it. It grows and spreads slowly. I would like to get the bed cleaned out and put down some lava rock to keep the weeds out. But giving it away would sure help. It has a very nice yellow bloom. I'll get some pic's if you want to see it.

Lora☺
Lindawalkabout
Holden, MO
(Zone 5b)

April 9, 2008
2:52 AM

Post #4779246

Yes Lora , I liked to see some pics of your cactus. Do you have any problems with pets getting into it? Well i would think if they did it would be the first and last time , ouch!!!!!!!
leaflady
Hughesville, MO
(Zone 5a)

April 9, 2008
3:13 AM

Post #4779400

Is it thorny? I won't take anything that is thorny because of my 4 legged children as well little Skyler & myself. Not all cacti are thorny tho. Holly might want some. I'll ask her.
slowtornado
Belle Plaine, KS

April 9, 2008
4:45 AM

Post #4779915

Yes, leaflady it is thorny. We have never had any of our pets get into it though. It's the flat, kind of oval-ish kind. It's also edible I believe, if you dare. It has to be peeled somehow. I'll get some pic's tomorrow. Plant files probably has some too. I know you can graft other types onto it, which creates a one of a kind.

When the sun comes back!

Lora☺

Bookerc1

Bookerc1
Mackinaw, IL
(Zone 5a)

April 10, 2008
4:42 PM

Post #4787310

What do you package your plants in for travel? This will be my first RU. Are plastic solo cups and recycled containers OK, or does everyone bring them in nice little 3 and 4" pots? How do you usually label them?

Will have to see what I have extra of. . .

Booker
Lindawalkabout
Holden, MO
(Zone 5b)

April 10, 2008
5:33 PM

Post #4787531

This will be my first RU to Booker, : ) I would think the solo cups will be good, some I think even use baggies . I had plants wrapped in wet newpaper in transportion before. As long as they don't dry out I would think that would do to.

If everyone could bring a box with them to hold plants to take home, or the box they came with will be good to. I'll bring a couple of extra boxes as well. the time is almost here ^_^
slowtornado
Belle Plaine, KS

April 10, 2008
11:00 PM

Post #4788909

OK, here's the cactus. It is still dormant though, so it looks sad. I would like to keep all the grass out of it. You can imagine why we dont weed it. haha. The whole patch is about 4x4ft. We have had countless dogs & cats in the 26 years we've lived here, I cant remember a single one getting into the cactus.
Lora☺

Thumbnail by slowtornado
Click the image for an enlarged view.

Bookerc1

Bookerc1
Mackinaw, IL
(Zone 5a)

April 10, 2008
11:06 PM

Post #4788939

Bernie, if you are coming I'd love some Lilly of the Valley. I've always wanted some, and I have the perfect spot!

And leaflady, I'd love a little garlic! We're going to make pickles this year, but I read somewhere that I would have needed to start it last fall to use it this summer. Is that true?

I don't know yet what all I'll be able to bring--my gardens aren't very established yet. I will have some plants that I've started inside, assuming I don't kill all the little sprouts in the meantime! Are you looking for anything in particular? I know I have some orange poppies that are creeping out of my beds and into my yard.

Booker

editing to say I can also bring some Egyptian Onion. I have lots growing near our shed, and they are really interesting.

http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/57036/

This message was edited Apr 10, 2008 6:18 PM
Lindawalkabout
Holden, MO
(Zone 5b)

April 10, 2008
11:33 PM

Post #4789086

Booker oh may I have a walking onion or Egyptian Onion.. I have always wanted to get them started in the garden : )

I made a list of haves but I will be updating them in a day or two, maybe something you would like in my list.

Ths for the pic slowtornado, They are very pretty in bloom, did you say you can eat them?

Bookerc1

Bookerc1
Mackinaw, IL
(Zone 5a)

April 11, 2008
12:36 AM

Post #4789419

Sure, Linda, I'll dig you some onions! They are so interesting. . .all curly at the top. I didn't know they were edible, too, till I looked them up on PlantFiles. I guess you can eat the base bulb, the green part, or the little top onions. Mine are along the shed, enclosed in some railroad ties, to keep them from "walking" all over the yard. They overwinter really well in my area, and stay green all winter!

I'll bring a few extra, too, for the swap.

Booker
Lindawalkabout
Holden, MO
(Zone 5b)

April 11, 2008
1:03 AM

Post #4789517

Thank you Booker, I'm doin a walking onion dance, thank you, thank you!!!!! ^_^
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

April 11, 2008
1:11 AM

Post #4789564

I will be bringing annuals from work along with so far 4 trays of tulips. I just picked some up today. The annuals are little plugs for the most part. Extras from what they are transplanting for the plant sale in May.
Lindawalkabout
Holden, MO
(Zone 5b)

April 11, 2008
1:32 AM

Post #4789701

^_^ Pepper^_^ we are all going to have so much fun !!!!!!
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

April 11, 2008
1:43 AM

Post #4789777

You bet!! ^_^ And it's supposed to be nice all next week and that weekend. That's great news!!
Lindawalkabout
Holden, MO
(Zone 5b)

April 11, 2008
1:45 AM

Post #4789792

whahoooooooo bring the nice weather on!!!!!!
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

April 11, 2008
1:52 AM

Post #4789856

We need it after all this crazy rain!!

Bookerc1

Bookerc1
Mackinaw, IL
(Zone 5a)

April 11, 2008
6:06 PM

Post #4792952

Aw, crud! Just got a d-mail from Bernie, and realized that I've been on the wrong thread! I guess I thought the Central Midwest RU and the Iowa RU were the same thing. Duh. . .newbie!

Lindawalkabout, it is the RU in Cedar Rapids, IA I'm going to, not the MO one. I'd still be glad to find a way to send you some walking onions, though. I'm sure they'd ship really well. Just bummed that I won't get to meet you in person (unless you are going to the Iowa one, too. ..?)

So, Leaflady, forget about my request for garlic! I'll just get my heiney over to the right RU thread, and try to forget this happened!

Thanks for the heads-up, Bernie! Wouldn't want to leave anyone wondering what happened. . .

Booker (blushing)
Lindawalkabout
Holden, MO
(Zone 5b)

April 11, 2008
7:00 PM

Post #4793167

Booker, sorry your on the wrong RU too , bummer, hate when that happens, lol. I won't make it to the Iowa RU, but if you can find a way to get those onion's walking down my way I would love it, lol

Have fun on your RU and stop in here and visit when you get a chance. : )
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

April 12, 2008
12:50 AM

Post #4794958

Tracy and I potted up some 6 packs of ornamental Black Pearl peppers today at work for the plant swap. These are the ones that have the purple foilage. The peppers are ediable but our head greenhouse grower Donna says that they are really hot. So if you grab some don't eat them unless you like really hot. :~)

Bookerc1

Bookerc1
Mackinaw, IL
(Zone 5a)

April 12, 2008
5:05 PM

Post #4797805

Pepper, I saw those at the Meredith Test Gardens last time I was in Des Moines with my mom. They are really attractive!
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

April 12, 2008
8:18 PM

Post #4798452

We had them in the gardens last year and they are attractive. :~)
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

April 14, 2008
1:10 PM

Post #4806303

I know I will bring canna's, dayliliy, lily, dahilia, and some other stuff.

Joyce
slowtornado
Belle Plaine, KS

April 16, 2008
4:18 PM

Post #4817335

Hi again, I just want to let you know I'm not bringing the opuntia cactus. It still looks dormant & sad. If anyone wants it I'll send it to you L8R, after it perks up.
Lora☺
leaflady
Hughesville, MO
(Zone 5a)

April 17, 2008
3:28 AM

Post #4820262

Linda, you will be getting the Egyptian Walking onions. I have them all over the place. I have a large supply of boxes I'm bringing. Also lots of pots I no longer need for those with greenhouses or who just want more pots. I have way too many. The kids will be so glad to see those extra pots leave.

I dug a lot of garlic starts this evening. I don't know if they will go ahead and make bulbs this year or not but they were bulbs I didn't get dug last fall and every single clove sprouted. People can just take what they want of them.

I have the mimosa seed pods & still need to dig the sprouts. I am not ready for this yet. lol I never am. There are lots of seeds left from last fall that I'm bringing. I still have the spiderwort & chives to dig yet too. Tomorrow evening and Friday morning will be very busy for me. But it will be so very worth all the rushing, praying I haven't forgotten something, knowing & finding out I did forget something, etc. I got a couple guy type door prizes today. We need to make them feel included.

I brought some plants home from PG today. Holly doesn't want any eggplant at all, I won't know until I do some internet searching which if any of these I want and I'm sure Kris will only take the Rosa Bianca. Pepper, you might want to check the give away plants at PG tomorrow or Friday and see if they have many left. I would like one of the purple leafed peppers if there are any left over. I don't want the peppers, but the plants are pretty.

I planted the lettuces I got from PG last week tonight in some old containers beside the garage. I put covers over the containers to keep cats from using them for litter boxes and the poultry from eating the lettuces, mustard, etc. Almost nothing is safe here until it is well rooted and pretty good size. Even then a lot of plants are in danger if some critter takes a liking to the plant or container.

I need to go eat my supper. My stomach is telling me to feed it or it will start in on my backbone. GOD bless and keep each of you.
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

April 17, 2008
11:03 AM

Post #4821255

Tracy is bringing those purple leaved peppers so there will be some at the RU.

Lindawalkabout
Holden, MO
(Zone 5b)

April 17, 2008
12:24 PM

Post #4821430

Thank You , leaflady , I have always wanted some walking onions : )
vjbuffy1
West Des Moines, IA

April 26, 2008
2:42 PM

Post #4866811

I have a few questions about the plant swap. A friend and I are interested, but can only come for a couple of hours. We would love to pick up a few new plants, but won't have much to bring. Would it be okay for us to come just for the plant swap? (We don't want to be greedy) I know there is so much else going on, but our weekend gets too full too easy. If it would be okay, when and where is it, I'm sure it is listed some where here, but I can't seem to find it. Thanks!
Lindawalkabout
Holden, MO
(Zone 5b)

April 26, 2008
2:49 PM

Post #4866840

vjbuffy1, the RU was last weekend April 19, 20th, sorry you missed it.

I'm planning on one this fall, haven't set up a date yet, maybe you can attend that one ^_^
leaflady
Hughesville, MO
(Zone 5a)

April 28, 2008
4:27 AM

Post #4875155

Buffy, check the RoundUp forum. There is an RU in Cedar Rapids in the next week or so. Someone on that thread can tell you and your friend the answer to your questions.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Central Midwest Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
You have to guess what this is - it's in my garden. LOL crystalnurse 181 Sep 22, 2010 10:54 AM
dahlias-How to store allysgram 18 Apr 18, 2007 4:39 PM
Stargazer Lily Bulbs Question cedarnest 19 Jul 3, 2007 8:42 PM
Let's go gardening! Terry 12 Jun 21, 2014 10:28 PM
Speaking of winter MaryinLa 5 Mar 3, 2007 2:28 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America