February Daily Weather #3, Spring is just around the corner!

Amelia Island, FL(Zone 9a)

From snow to freezes to signs of Spring! All are welcome to stop by often and post your weather!
We came fom here:
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/812007/

Joey Beautiful iris! Wow!
Kwanjin Pretty morning glory! Im glad youre feeling better. Hope you didnt have the stomach virus I had :P
Rann Love the nighttime snow pic!
Kiska Glad you arent getting those winds! We stayed cool most of the day yesterday. I enjoyed it. Our temps are still dropping this morning though. We usually get our coldest weather before dawn.
E_B Love your pics! Background! So glad the hawk is doing better!
Ric LOL! Rush Hour from Hades! So glad I moved from a major populated city to a small island. I dont miss those rush hours. I could barely see the bird! Theyre really are the best bug control! Thanks for the Spring pictures fruit trees - yuummmm!
Marsue Yes, they can be very loud little buggers! I pick them up to move them esp if they are in a danger zone (cats). Cant wait to see your Spring pics!
Pepper Brrrrr Stay warm! Cardinals are so pretty we have many here that enjoy the bird feeders.

Anyone staying up for the lunar eclipse?

41.0 F / 5 C
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 69%
Dew Point: 32 F / -0 C
Wind: 0.0 mph / 0 km/h
Wind Gust: 0.0 mph / 0 km/h
Pressure: 30.27 in / 1024.9 hPa (Rising)
Visibility: 10.0 miles / 16.1 kilometers
UV: 0 out of 16
Clouds: Scattered Clouds 15000 ft / 4572 m
Mostly Cloudy 20000 ft / 6096 m
(Above Ground Level)

Today
Mostly sunny. High 66. Northeast winds 5 mph shifting to the east in the afternoon.

Sunset on the marsh

Thumbnail by MySharona
KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Very cold out.

Currently: 9F Clear
Currently: -12C Clear
Wind: North at 18 MPH
Humidity: 56%
Dewpoint: -3F
Barometer: 30.24 inches and
Wind Chill: -10F
Wind: North at 28 KPH
Humidity: 56%
Dewpoint: -19C
Barometer: 1024 millibars and
Wind Chill: -23 C
Sunrise: 7:05 am
Sunset: 6:00 pm

Thumbnail by pepper23
Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Good Morning! Wow! Pepper! Stay warm! :-O At the moment we have 30 & very cloudy skies. We're supposed to get some snow today...an inch or 2. Greenbrier co. is to get 5".
At Dublin...
Cloudy: 30F
Feels like: 30F
Barometer: 30 in
Dewpoint: 16
Humidity: 50%
Visibility: 10 miles
Wind: 0 mph
Sunrise: 7:06 AM
Sunset: 6:07 PM

Marsue, Thanks. Sorry about the mix up. The bloom is from last year. I meant by "peeping" that the plant is imerging from the ground. I think I have a pic.
Deb, Thanks. It's one of my faves. But I love all Irises.
Ric, Hope you have a good commute! But it doesn't sound very pretty! :-O
E_B, Love the cold country look! Looks like a good day for a horse back ride. :D Glad that the hawk is doing well. How will you get him back into the "wild"? Will they supply a cage of some sort?

I am running a little late...so will be back this evening.

The answer to the trivia is..B
In the early part of the century, hurricanes were named for (unfavorable) politicians by Australian forecasters.

Have a Great Day! :D
Joey

Can you see it?

Thumbnail by music2keep
Iberia, MO(Zone 5b)

Good morning everyone. It is 22 here this morning and we are having snow flurries. We have a chance of snow or ice tonight into tomarrow I vote for snow. The sun is bright this morning as it is snowing. I really enjoy all the photos it brightens up a dull day. I am also glad we don't have to fight traffic- we are busy here if you meet 10 cars as you go to town. I wouldn't trade it. Everyone stay happy and healthy.

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Thanks for making us a new thread, Sharon. Nice sunset on the marsh photo--I'd like to eat at that restaurant--I love outdoor eating places. :o))
Pepper: I love your redbird shots. I need to try to snap a few shots of our redbirds.
Joey: I see it!! Hooray!!
clerkie: it's cold where you are, too!

Sorry--I don't mean to be shouting--this is just the way that the NWS had the forecast up and it copied this way:

TODAY
MOSTLY CLOUDY. A SLIGHT CHANCE OF RAIN IN THE AFTERNOON.
HIGHS IN THE MID 50S. WEST WINDS 5 TO 10 MPH IN THE MORNING...
BECOMING NORTHEAST 10 TO 15 MPH IN THE AFTERNOON. THE CHANCE OF
PRECIPITATION 20 PERCENT IN THE AFTERNOON.

TONIGHT
RAIN LIKELY IN THE EVENING...THEN OCCASIONAL RAIN
AFTER MIDNIGHT. LOWS IN THE MID 30S. NORTHEAST WINDS 10 TO
15 MPH. THE CHANCE OF PRECIPITATION 80 PERCENT.

Here is our sunrise this morning:

Thumbnail by marsue
(Zone 3b)

Thanks, MySharona for new thread and gorgeous photo, too.
With temps above freezing and the ground frozen, the roads are ice rinks as the melting snow refreezes.
It's these "above freezing" days that will cause schools to close. Warmer weather is not a welcome change till much later in the year. The winds did kick in last night; once it's light out, will see what all the racket was.
38F Sunrise: 8:26 Sunset 5:54 Gain of 5m49s
Record Low on this day: -20 1974
Record High on this day: 46 1977
KG~when the weather forcast calls for the "Siberian front" moving in, it's a sure sign it's going to be colder than normal.
Joey~the new growth looks good.
Marsue, Deb and Sharon~~I'm really working at trying to understand how you can touch those frogs:)) Feel a shutter even now:))))
Long shadows on the sunny afternoon last week~~
Kiska

Thumbnail by kiska
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Kiska: you crack me up! Those frogs aren't slimy--just cold-blooded. Now "roads as ice rinks" would make me shudder!!!

Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

Hey, guys! Your pics are amasing , so beautiful!
Here is warming up, after a couple of days freezing...it's been 51 at noon today, after only 35 two days ago!
Our snowdrops are popping out too, I took a few pics in the park yesterday.
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti
Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

And a yellow one.

Thumbnail by adinamiti
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

We got 0.2 inches of rain this morning.

Van Nuys, California (Airport)
Updated: 10:51 AM PST on February 20, 2008
53 F / 12 C
Overcast
Humidity: 93%
Dew Point: 51 F / 11 C
Wind: 7 mph / 11 km/h / 3.1 m/s from the South

Thumbnail by Kelli
Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Pepper: Nothing prettier than a cardinal on a snowy background!
E_B: Good news on Mr. Hawk.
Joey: I see it! :)
Adina: Love your little flowers peeping up from the snow.
Kiska: The tree frogs are so cute, tho. Really. And they're very small.

My sympathies to all of you who are snowed under - so to speak - that is, if you're getting cabin fever. Otherwise...Enjoy!!
Our high today was near 70F. Low tonight should be 40. Stuffs bloomin' all over town. :)
Definitely going to watch the eclipse tonight!!

Got a new "spitter" for my lil' shade pond today. I haven't finished the spring cleanup on the pond yet, but I still love to hear the water.
Deb

Thumbnail by DebinSC

Cute spitter! (I like anything with fish.) I think the tree frog was cute, too. (Sorry, Kiska) I used to live in an apartment near a creek and tree frogs would come up on my porch. They have some ability to change color to match the background. I had one get inside once and it turned beige to match the carpet.

Now it is windy.

Van Nuys, California (Airport)
Updated: 3:51 PM PST on February 20, 2008
56 F / 13 C
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 62%
Dew Point: 43 F / 6 C
Wind: 17 mph / 28 km/h / 7.7 m/s from the West
Wind Gust: 25 mph / 41 km/h / 11.3 m/s

kalanchoe "Fang"

Thumbnail by Kelli
(Zone 3b)

Deb~ makes nice addition to your garden. Bet it does sound good.
Kelli~That is so pretty; changing color frogs on the porch does not sound good:)) Much less, indoors....Are those oranges? Lemons? gorgeous.
Adina~ how very pretty.
marsue~cold or slimy; I'll pass:)))
How about a couple of moose instead?
Kiska

Thumbnail by kiska

It's actually warmer tonight than it was this morning. Wind chill this morning was -9 most of the time.

Currently: 10F Partly Cloudy
Currently: -12C Partly Cloudy
Wind: Northeast at 14 MPH
Humidity: 66%
Dewpoint: 1F
Barometer: 30.30 inches and
Wind Chill: -5F
Wind: Northeast at 22 KPH
Humidity: 66%
Dewpoint: -17C
Barometer: 1026 millibars and
Wind Chill: -20 C
Sunrise: 7:03 am
Sunset: 6:02 pm

One of the roads at work.

Thumbnail by pepper23

Kiska, those are oranges.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

George most of the West knows Siberia only from the discriptions given of the Gulags.
I'm sure it's quite lovely if one's 'vacationing' though.....

Well how was the drive in....

Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10
Springboro, PA(Zone 5a)

Kelli........I see them!

Joey..........They offered a cage when the time comes but I told them he could just ride up front with me. (buckled in of course)

marsue.........nice skies!

Deb..........the pond is looking good. The "spring clean-up" talk ........not so good.........for a poor frozen northerner like me. Quite teasing!

12 balmy degrees under clear skies and a nearly full moon tonight. High of 21 tomorrow with partly SUNNY skies.

Photo: Last weeks ice.

early_bloomer

Thumbnail by Early_Bloomer
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

And of course HE got here WAY after we did......

Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10

LOL Ric! It's the same way down here. There are a certain number of trucks for certain areas and you can tell which is their favorite to plow cause it's none of mine. lol

(Zone 3b)

E_B~very pretty;
Al~very snowy
pepper~very slippery
kelli~very orange oranges::)
Very nice day.

Pepper Yikes Very cold! Stay warm!
Joey I see it! LOL!
Marsue The picture was taken at Barbara Jeans (yum). It was a little too cool to sit outside, but the views are wonderful. The bridge is the intracoastal the only way off and on the island. Love your sunrise picture!
Kiska Sounds like bad driving conditions. Hopefully youll get back to normal soon. Did you figure out what all that racket was?
Adina Love the snowy buds! Very pretty!
Deb Your spitter is too cute! LOL!
Kelli Ive never seen a Kalanchoe like that. Neat plant. I can smell your oranges all the way over here!
Kiska LOL! I like the moose! Thanks!
Pepper Those roads look really slick.
Ric Your roads look slick too! How was the drive in? Oh, now I see the sand/salt? truck! Isnt that the way it always goes?!
E_B LOL Mental image of the hawk strapped in the front seat! Be sure to take pictures of your new baby, what am I saying, of course youre going to take pictures of your newly adopted hawk! Cant wait to see the close ups! Lovely snow picture!

48.0 F / 8.9 C
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 85%
Dew Point: 44 F / 7 C
Wind: Calm
Wind Gust: 0.0 mph / 0.0 km/h
Pressure: 30.21 in / 1022.9 hPa (Steady)
Clouds: Mostly Cloudy 10000 ft / 3048 m

Today
Mostly cloudy. Slight chance of showers in the morning... then showers likely in the afternoon. High 69. East winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 70 percent.

Oooh Rain! Who stayed up for the full lunar eclipse? I saw only a portion, DH wasn't feeling well. Hopefully he isn't getting the virus - :P

Thumbnail by MySharona
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

5 (Wind Chill -5)
More stuff on the way tonight.
Looks like we get all of Winter in just a week! LOL!

Ric

Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

'Mornin' All! We have a temp of 22 & Dyson Dark.
Ric! Your temp! :-O We got a good downpour of snow yesterday evening, but it didn't stay long. Very pretty, tho.
At Dublin...
Cloudy: 25F
Feels like: 19F
Barometer: 30.3 in
Dewpoint: 19
Humidity: 74%
Visibility: 10 miles
Wind: 5 mph N
Sunrise: 7:05 AM
Sunset: 6:08 PM

And I guess that I'll be yelling, too...(sorry)
WINTRY MIX EXPECTED TONIGHT INTO FRIDAY... .AN AREA OF LOW PRESSURE WILL MOVE THROUGH THE GULF COAST STATES TONIGHT. AS IT DOES... MOISTURE ASSOCIATED WITH IT WILL STREAM INTO OUR AREA. A GENERAL TRANSITION OF SNOW AND SLEET... TO SLEET AND FREEZING RAIN... TO FREEZING RAIN AND RAIN IS EXPECTED OVER OUR REGION. AN INCH OR TWO OF A SNOW/SLEET MIXTURE IS EXPECTED ON AVERAGE... WITH FREEZING RAIN AMOUNTS MAINLY UNDER ONE QUARTER OF AN INCH. FREEZING RAIN AMOUNTS OF A QUARTER INCH OR MORE ARE POSSIBLE OVER THE NORTHERN MOUNTAINS OF NORTH CAROLINA NORTH ALONG THE CREST OF THE BLUE RIDGE TO JUST SOUTH OF ROANOKE VIRGINIA. THE WINTRY MIX IS EXPECTED TO CONCLUDE BY FRIDAY AFTERNOON WHEN TEMPERATURES WILL BE WARM ENOUGH FOR THE PRECIPITATION TO BE RAIN.

So I guess that we'll get the "yucky" stuff. :( Give me a bunch of snow Any Day!

Sharon, there would be no way for me to even see an eclipse! Glad that you got to see it, tho. I usually miss the good stuff! Neat Pic! :D
Ric, looks like your road cleaning crew are contractors (?)...The state (DOH) mostly does ours, so they need to stay on top of things...or there are complaints, which they hear about. One time, tho, they couldn't keep up & the state closed all roads...anyone found out on the roads were to get tickets! Now who is gonna issue a ticket if they had to stay home? LOL It was loads of fun!
E_B! LOL I can see it now! Feathers (wings) flapping while you're trying to drive! :D And didn't you say it was a 2 hour drive? Take about "side seat driving"! LOL
Kiska, Love the moose. Was that near your house? or were you trekking thru the woods? Really nice shot, tho. Love the shadow pic...you look so tall! :D That would make a good NG puzzle. :)
Kelli, Love your kalanchoe & glad to hear that you got some more rain to perk things up even more! :D Got any more hiking pics? I just love your hikes! and you make it very interesting. Are the oranges in your yard? Wow!
Deb, I love the "spitter" fish! Now, how cool is that! ?
Adina, You & Rann are gonna have some grogeous spring flowers! :D

Todays trivia is...
Which of the following is not associated with a hurricane?
a) Tidal Wave
b) Eye
c) Feeder Band
d) Storm Surge

Everybody stay warm & safe today..
Joey

(first feeding)

Thumbnail by music2keep
Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Joey, the bunnies and I were at the zoo yesterday when that "AREA OF LOW PRESSURE WILL MOVE THROUGH THE GULF COAST STATES"... We were almost as wet as the fish in the building we ducked into to get out of the rain! LOL We had a great time, though. The little bunny's class had a field trip there and Joy and I got to go with them. They had a little lecture about habitats by two staff people and got to touch a skink, a little leopard tortoise, and a jungle fowl (looks like a skinny chicken.) And then we got to wander around the zoo in small groups until lunch time. The bunnies and I were our own group, so that was easy. After lunch, the rest of the kids went back to school (arriving just in time to go home for the day) and the bunnies and I stayed at the zoo for another couple of hours. It wasn't very cold, so even though it started raining at 2:30-ish, we weren't uncomfortable outside. It also wasn't very hot, so the buildings didn't have their a/c turned up very high and we didn't freeze when we went in. We left at 3:30, hoping to beat the rush hour traffic home, but by then it was raining SO hard, the traffic was barely moving anyway. Ugh...

Kiska, I'd rather have Kelli's tree frog in the house than your moose! LOL

Joey, awwww.... the first feeding is always so fun. :-) Joy had such a surprised look on her face when I popped in that first spoonful of sweet potatoes. LOLOL I'm guessing A. I think they are associated with earthquakes, not hurricanes.

E_B, I think I'd hold out for the cage. LOL

Thumbnail by Marylyn_TX
Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

This was my favorite picture from the zoo... I was trying to get a picture of this fish so we could look him up later. He had such interesting colors! I had the flash off so I wouldn't get the glare from the tank, but he kept moving, so everything blurred...

Thumbnail by Marylyn_TX
Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

The little bunny stood at the coral reef tank for a long long time, watching the clown fish and saying: "Nemo! Neeeemooo! Daddy? Daddy!" Pretty funny. LOL (We put in Finding Nemo for the first time this weekend so the bunnies could watch it while I combed their hair and checked for more bugs. Obviously they liked it. :-) (The movie that is... they were pretty good about the nitpicking, too, though.)

You can see how wet she is... LOL

This message was edited Feb 21, 2008 7:55 AM

Thumbnail by Marylyn_TX
Iberia, MO(Zone 5b)

We are getting sleet this morning. Just looked out now we are getting freezing rain. 20 degrees. I hope it stops soon but the tv said could last a while. After the rain we should get snow anywhwere from 2 to 4 inches. Glad my son turned around and came back home. DH may be staying with someone over night if the rain continues. Marylyn- taking kids to the zoo is the greatest. Marsue- you take great pictures very pretty. Kiska- What a sight to see during the day. Adinamiti- Snowdrops are going to give me spring fever in all of my ice. Kelli- We will need some of those oranges soon. Everyone have a great day!

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Adina: what pretty snowdrops
Kelli: I want some freshly-squeezed orange juice with lots of pulp in it.
Kiska: at least a green tree frog can't trample you to death!
Pepper: from the looks of that road, you need ice skates to get around
Ric: lots of snow up there--just keep it up there--LOL
E_B: you, too! and good luck with transporting the hawk
Joey: JW is surprisingly well-nourished for just now having his "first feeding". LOL
Sharon: I'm not a night owl--therefore I didn't see the eclipse but it would have been too cloudy here, anyway. I love open-air restaurants, expecially when they overlook a body of water.

Marylyn: sounds like you and the bunnies had a good time at the zoo. I love that "impressionist" water-color photo! I'm saving it.

The northern tier of counties obviously have received sleet and/or ice during the night because several of the schools in the north=central area of the state are closed today.
Here's the forecast for central Arkansas, including Cabot:

Today: Periods of rain, with thunderstorms also possible after 11am. High near 42. East northeast wind between 10 and 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

Tonight: Occasional rain, mainly before 9pm. Low around 34. North northwest wind between 5 and 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.

Here's a photo of the cardinals at my feeder this morning. edited to add: I think the bird on the left is a house finch.

This message was edited Feb 21, 2008 9:00 AM

Thumbnail by marsue
Okeechobee, FL(Zone 10a)

Thanks for starting a new thread Sharon.
I'm still waiting for my LT to return all better.
It's warmer outside than in the house.
Sidney

(Zone 5a)

Hi everyone!

It was a beautiful day today, partly cloudy, just about calm and 37F :-) Wonderful - and again it felt like spring :-) It started snowing once again this evening, it'll be interesting to see if it'll stick around. Current temperature is 30F.

marsue - the snow in the midnight photo lasted until around noon yesterday, then it started raining and got really windy too so it was mostly gone by evening. Then we got a tiny bit of snow last night, that mostly melted today since it was warm and partly sunny ;-) lol

Marylyn - sounds like you had a great time at the zoo with your bunnies :-)

Joey - JW is so cute :-) What did he get? Apples?

pepper and marsue - great cardinal photos - they're so pretty :-)

EB - good news about the hawk. Good luck transporting it back ;-)

Hope you all have a great night!

Rann

Thumbnail by rannveig

Joey The Trivia answer is A. Look at that happy and surprised face! Its saying Yuuummmmy Whats that?!! Aww, hes just adorable! LOL! Post another picture of JW & Garrett, because I can see a resemblance!
Marylyn Sounds like yall had a great time at the zoo! Love the pictures, the 2nd is my favorite too. It has the look of a Monet (one of my favs)!
Clerkie You have a weather mess going on. Glad your son stayed and hopefully your DH will be able to make it home. If not, its better he stays where he is for the night.
Maruse I must have the pulp in my OJ too! You would love it here. We have lots of outdoor restaurants on the water. Love the bird feeder pics!
Sidney I hope you get your laptop back soon. I hate not being able to get on-line does anyone detect a mild touch of internet addiction? LOL!
Rann OMG that picture of Hildur Eva is wonderful! She is a camera ham! LOL! I cant wait to show it to DH.

61.3 F / 16.3 C
Light Rain Mist
Humidity: 91%
Dew Point: 59 F / 15 C
Wind: 1.0 mph / 1.6 km/h / 0.4 m/s from the NE
Wind Gust: 4.9 mph / 7.9 km/h
Pressure: 30.09 in / 1018.8 hPa (Steady)
Visibility: 5.0 miles / 8.0 kilometers
Clouds: Few 1000 ft / 304 m
Mostly Cloudy 4300 ft / 1310 m
Overcast 5000 ft / 1524 m

Tonight
Showers and isolated thunderstorms in the evening...then numerous showers and isolated thunderstorms after midnight. Patchy fog after midnight. Low 60. Southeast winds 10 to 15 mph shifting to the south 5 to 10 mph after midnight. Chance of rain 90 percent.

This has been a nice slow soaker, exactly what we need. Interesting clouds this morning.

edited to add:
Now
Through 700 PM...scattered to numerous showers with a few embedded thunderstorms will move northeast at 15 mph across extreme northeast Florida. Thunderstorms will affect areas from Macclenny and the west side of Jacksonville to Fernandina Beach and Mayport. Expect brief gusty winds...heavy downpours and dangerous lightning with thunderstorm activity. Rainfall rates of around an inch per hour are possible in thunderstorms and heavier showers.

This message was edited Feb 21, 2008 6:15 PM

Thumbnail by MySharona
Sochi, Russia

Kiska, glad to hear from you! Well, we are neighbors to some extent... Siberia! Lol.

Ric, you probably know more about the Russian history than me. Lol. Did you read Solzhenitsin's?

Hi, Rann! How's the weather in Iceland?

Sharon, great to be the part of your thread! It was not flu, wasn't it!? Spring is underway>

Our snow is thawing again. I thought of going skiing today. 33F.(

Joey, the trivia answer, in my view, is A. Happy baby, JW! I used to be one.lol.)))

Thumbnail by KashtanGeorge
Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

What happy healthy looking children - all of them! We had a beautiful sunshiney day here is Central Pa. Temps in the 16-17 deg range most of the day with very little wind. Quite pleasant. Around 4 PM temps began to rise, it s now 24 degrees and we are to get about 4 inches of snow, turning to sleet and freezing rain with ice accumulations for tomorrow into Saturday.

Most of the United States is running a high percentage of flu cases right now. The vaccine we got last fall did not contain protection for two of the current strains, making the rounds. We went to the grocery store and people were sniffling and coughing - went to the drug store to fill a prescriptions, same thing, kids hacking and coughing.

I think I will stay at home until we run out of food, including the deep freezer! My husband and I are elderly and do try to sanitize cart handles in the store and doorknobs, telephones, food surfaces here at home, but I Still have to tell him to wash his hands when he comes in the door! Guess men are just not used to hand washing as much as women are. Maybbe the cold sleet and snow will kill off more of the flu bugs.

Stay safe and warm, drink a lot :-) (OK), get plenty of rest.

We got a half inch of ice today. It was not expected. I stayed home from work cause the roads were a mess and it would be even worse at work. At least 2 other coworkers stayed home too cause they couldn't get out due to the ice. Tonight we will have snow coming in. I haven't heard how much and really don't want to hear it. lol. The ice is bad enough. I am hoping roads will be clear in the morning so I have no trouble getting in.

Oh, and in that road pic that is snow that you see. No ice under there. lol. It was a bit slick with my golf cart but I have bald tires so anything other than asphalt is slick. lol.

Currently: 18F
Currently: -7C
Wind: North-Northeast at 7 MPH
Humidity: 92%
Dewpoint: 16F
Barometer: 29.99 inches and
Wind Chill: 8F
Wind: North-Northeast at 11 KPH
Humidity: 92%
Dewpoint: -8C
Barometer: 1015 millibars and
Wind Chill: -13 C
Sunrise: 7:02 am
Sunset: 6:03 pm

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

I leave work at 3 PM...
I'm on the HWY from Exit 59-69.
It went from flurries to full blown slicking snow in that 10 mile stretch.
I called back to work as I got off the Exit to tell the KY people to bail out NOW.

We have about 2" here but it's been rain/sleet for over an hour.
We're in a Rain Bullseye here. Must be the Urban Affect.
Snow for 30 miles all around us...

Ah Winter in Cincinnati...

George I took a couple of Russian History courses in college.
I got interested from the stories told by my neighbors and Uncle when I was growing up.
The neighbors were White Russia Jews who left in 1918..... to go to Germany.
Survived the camps and moved here to OH.
My late Uncle's Family, also Jewish, left in 1915 for Denmark.
(Where he was born then off to NYC, NY .)
They were quite wealthy jewlers and took most of their money w/ them.
So I got a chance to see the upper class Russian society in New York too.
Cool batch of people and friendlier people I've never since met.

Ric

Se_eds I heard there are 40+ strains of the flu that arent covered by the flu shot. Various strains are making the rounds here as well.
Ric and Pepper You 2 seem to get the same weather within hours of each other. Stay warm and safe!

63.9 F / 17 C
Overcast
Humidity: 95%
Dew Point: 63 F / 17 C
Wind: 0.0 mph / 0 km/hfrom the -
Wind Gust: 4.0 mph / 6 km/h
Pressure: 29.97 in / 1014.8 hPa (Rising)
Clouds: Few 3000 ft / 914 m
Mostly Cloudy 10000 ft / 3048 m
Overcast 20000 ft / 6096 m

Today - High 80 (ugh)
Mostly cloudy early in the morning then becoming partly cloudy. Warmer. Patchy fog early in the morning. Slight chance of showers in the morning...then chance of showers and slight chance of thunderstorms in the afternoon. Some thunderstorms may produce damaging winds in the afternoon. Southwest winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 50 percent.

This was all the sunrise we got yesterday

Thumbnail by MySharona
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

28 (Wind Chill 22)
Yep Pepper is usually my "preview of coming attractions"! lol!

Ric

Yep! lol

I forgot to add 2.5" of rain yesterday!

Thumbnail by MySharona
Iberia, MO(Zone 5b)

Good morning. We have about 11/2 inches of sleet on the ground with a little snow. The trees have a little ice from the rain but thankfully we didn't get much of that. DH made it home just fine he said no way was he staying at work - he is off for the next three days. Our roads are not in good shape so I will stay around close to home today. We have about 25 degrees and no wind YEAH!!!!!!!!!!! We might get a little more snow today but is going to warm up a bit. The ground sure is pretty all covered. I know alot of people had lots of trouble yesterday trying to get to work or home and they sure don't think it's pretty. We are in line to get rain over the weekend then changing to snow by Monday. Lots of cute baby pictures. I found out Wednesday my DD is going to have a girl in July we are very excited, her big sister has a name picked out and I think everyone will agree how beautiful it is . Rainbow Dash Princess. How about that! Everyone stay safe!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images