Photo by Melody

Article: Botanical Garden Plant Sales ~ A Shopping Frenzy for Gardeners!: Great article!

Communities > Forums > Article: Botanical Garden Plant Sales ~ A Shopping Frenzy for Gardeners!
bookmark
Forum: Article: Botanical Garden Plant Sales ~ A Shopping Frenzy for Gardeners!Replies: 6, Views: 27
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
doccat5
Fredericksburg, VA
(Zone 7b)

February 22, 2008
3:02 PM

Post #4572610

Well, now you've done it! I have to check with my MG group to find out about the next plant sale. LOL Like I didn't have "plant it" fever bad enough already! LOL Thanks for sharing, this is a wonderful way to support gardens and gardeners and get special goodies for yourself at a great price. What a way to go!

victorgardener

victorgardener
Lower Hudson Valley, NY
(Zone 6b)

February 22, 2008
4:38 PM

Post #4573154

Nice job Debbie and great topic! At the NYBG, however, even with a member's discount and a sale, the plants are still overpriced! But you are right about the difference in knowledge compared to nurseries. I have had my share of 'They're all green, dude!' moments at my local ones.

carrielamont

carrielamont
Milton, MA
(Zone 6a)

February 22, 2008
4:45 PM

Post #4573196

Oh, Debbie, what a beautifully done article! I thought I had enough plants, but surely, I must be wrong!

xx, Carrie
rcn48
Lexington, VA
(Zone 6a)

February 22, 2008
5:06 PM

Post #4573297

Thank you! Unfortunately the word "sale" doesn't necessarily mean discounted prices. The fact that you're helping support the gardens however and sometimes find plants you would only see available through mail order makes it all worthwhile.

[quote] 'They're all green, dude!' [/quote]

Sounds like Rick when someone asks how to plant their purchase - "Green side up!" I just shake my head LOL

Carrie, you can NEVER have "enough" plants :)

victorgardener

victorgardener
Lower Hudson Valley, NY
(Zone 6b)

February 22, 2008
5:11 PM

Post #4573319

That's a good one!

carrielamont

carrielamont
Milton, MA
(Zone 6a)

February 22, 2008
5:55 PM

Post #4573540

Good point, Debbie, excellent point, and I'm very glad you brought that out!

x, Carrie
KyWoods
Melbourne, KY
(Zone 6a)

February 22, 2008
8:09 PM

Post #4573965

I've never been to one, but a friend of mine has gotten great prices on poinsettias at Krohn Conservatory in Cincinnati after the Christmas display is taken down.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Botanical Garden Plant Sales ~ A Shopping Frenzy for Gardeners! Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
very nice Dutchlady1 3 Feb 22, 2008 5:08 PM
Botanic Garden Plant Sales Chatte 0 Apr 23, 2012 8:28 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America