Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Article: Garden Design on Your Computer, Part 1: A Mini-Review of the Available Software: Really usefull article!

Communities > Forums > Article: Garden Design on Your Computer, Part 1: A Mini-Review of the Available Software
bookmark
Forum: Article: Garden Design on Your Computer, Part 1: A Mini-Review of the Available SoftwareReplies: 2, Views: 18
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
daleapowell
Flower Mound, TX
(Zone 7b)

February 22, 2008
10:54 PM

Post #4574530

This is a great subject and I like your approach. I am a container gardner - do you suppose you could address how easy these programs would make adding "pot objects" and then adding plants to the pots?

Thanks

Dale
grampapa
Wheatfield, NY
(Zone 6a)

February 24, 2008
11:54 AM

Post #4580943

I do address that somewhat in Part4, which will run on Sunday, March 9. If you are particularly interested in pots, I would e-mail the individual companies you are interested in and ask how many 'pot objects' are available. There are creative ways of making some of your own as well.

Sorry it took me so long to answer you. I had to take a look and make sure I HAD an answer LOL.

~ jan
daleapowell
Flower Mound, TX
(Zone 7b)

February 24, 2008
8:09 PM

Post #4582671

Thanks Jan! Your answer was worth waiting for. I look forward to your next issues.
The 4 season view capabilities seems like it would be usefull and fun. I'm interested in being able to place generic resizeable containers on my deck. I typically put 1 to 3 plants in each: a tall, medium and spiller. Making my own pot object would be OK, since I'm more interested in how the plants fit with each other than what the pots look like.

Dale

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Garden Design on Your Computer, Part 1: A Mini-Review of the Available Software Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Thank you! rcn48 16 Feb 18, 2008 1:26 AM
Wonderful! Braveheartsmom 1 Feb 18, 2008 1:51 PM
Timely Article frausnow 1 Feb 18, 2008 2:29 PM
3D Home Architech Design Suite available wooconley 1 Mar 10, 2008 11:19 PM
Great article! Thank you! smwgarden 1 Sep 9, 2008 2:21 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America