Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Article: What's That Bug? Sphex ichneumoneus: The Great Golden Digger Wasp: Reassured...

Communities > Forums > Article: What's That Bug? Sphex ichneumoneus: The Great Golden Digger Wasp
bookmark
Forum: Article: What's That Bug? Sphex ichneumoneus: The Great Golden Digger WaspReplies: 1, Views: 19
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
unbalancedpj
Salt Lake City, UT

February 24, 2008
4:34 AM

Post #4580241

I was at a local nursery early last fall and I heard what I thought was a low flying helicopter passing by my right ear. I swear I felt a rotor wash... Then this orange wasp, it was 10" long at least, flew past me and headed for some blooming flowers. Upon closer inspection, I discovered that it wasn't quite 10" long, but it was still big enough to scare me off of gardening for a couple months. I'm relieved to learn that it's not agressive, and that it's not a low flying cruise missle, either. Thanks.

melody

melody
Benton, KY
(Zone 7a)

February 24, 2008
7:43 PM

Post #4582562

Glad to shed a bit of light on the mystery. I'll be doing several articles on various garden insects over the year...stay tuned.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: What's That Bug? Sphex ichneumoneus: The Great Golden Digger Wasp Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Interesting article. doccat5 5 Dec 24, 2008 7:53 PM
I was stung by one of these! djcodyblue 2 Mar 31, 2008 2:07 AM
Great Golden Digger Wasp kellysvixen 1 Aug 18, 2009 11:21 PM
Great Golden Digger Wasp... Kailani 3 Aug 24, 2009 7:54 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America