I'm a DG newbie - any other professionals out there?

Missoula, MT

Looking to start a thread/chat with others in similar positions to mine; I am the Horticulturist at a private country club. I am responsible for designing, planting & maintaining everything on our 18-hole golf course, around our clubhouse, swimming pool, etc., that is NOT grass or a tree. I currently have close to 40 beds (some of them huge), many shrubs, hedges, & climbers, and I plant & maintain several dozen pots & hanging baskets. I have thousands of bulbs, hundreds of perennials, and put in anywhere from 6-8,000 annuals a year. I keep a relatively small greenhouse and employ only one full time assistant. Combine that with deer, golfers & their carts, irrigation issues, attempting to record-keep, and just simply gardening in a place that people are constantly occuopying (and seeing)......it is challenging to say the least.
I would love to find others that face some of those same challenges.
Can anyone point me in the right direction? I have poked around the different forums on this website, and this seemed to be the best place to start. Please respond via this thread, or send me a Dmail. Thanks everyone!

This thread has 7 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. Take a tour of our site and learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!